[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But I don't own or want to buy a smart phone steam. (Yes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: hand_top_bg.jpg (55 KB, 1100x445) Image search: [Google]
hand_top_bg.jpg
55 KB, 1100x445
But I don't own or want to buy a smart phone steam. (Yes I know there's an unofficial shit but that's not the same more about the idea here) I like my cheaper non smart phone plan and if I get one my carrier will know it's a smart phone since they have to authorize the device and will see model serial numbers and shit and force me onto an expensive data plan.
Steam you really fucked up with this shit.
>>
I know, right. I don't want to buy a PS4. I'm happy with my Turbografx 16. Why don't companies release the newest games on the Turbografx 16 and instead force me to buy a new console?

You really fucked this up, entire video games industry.
>>
Wow, such is freedom in whatever shithole you live.
>>
>>330495150
This is hardly the same thing. The smart phone has nothing to do with actually playing the games this is trade and marketplace hold stuff.
>>
i don't have a smartphone, either

you do know that you don't have to use the app, right?
>>
>>330494917
>there's an unofficial shit

There is? You mean in the sense of not having to wait 2 weeks whenever I use the market?
>>
>>330495275
>This is hardly the same thing.
Both you and the hypothetical retard I was posting as are both expecting companies to cater to those who refuse to upgrade from ancient, obsolete technology.
>>
>>330495393
But it gives you trade and market holds now if you don't ? I have SMS for account security but doesn't remove the trade holds.
>>330495653
There's some kind of desktop authenticator but I don't know if I'd trust it , ppl also have emulated android .
>>
>>330495653
There's no reason this all can't just be done via SMS which all phones universally have. You don't need an app to do this but no they went with an app that only certain smart phone users can use.
>>
>>330494917
>cheaper non smart phone plan
>non smart phone plan
>cheaper

Did I travel back in time to 2007? The obsolescence rates on budget smartphones are outrageous, most places will literally pay you to take them off their hands. You can get a totally respectable 2015 phone for nothing.
>>
File: works4me.png (30 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
works4me.png
30 KB, 200x193
>>330495780
it doesn't, though?

idk, try not being an idiot
>>
>>330496192
I mean the monthly payment not for the phone but the service plan, because I don't have a forced data plan my bill is much cheaper.
>>
How fucking expensive can it be? You can get a decent phone for 25€/month in Sweden.
>>
>>330497494
In america the price of the phone and the price of the actual plan is 2 different things unless you are on a monthly payment for the phone too but there's still the cell plan .
>>
>>330497674

Well it's usually like that here as well but lots of carriers will have special promotions with mobile+cell plan bundles that are hilariously cheap sometimes. You usually have to sign for a 24-month plan which is fine because high-end phones can easily last that long
>>
The new requirements for selling without a mobile authenticator are so obnoxious that I'm just not going to sell stuff anymore.
>>
>>330498359
Well like I said if they just used SMS like the account security does which all cell phones regardless of OS or even if it's a dumb phone have it it wouldn't be a problem. But no they want you using an app.
>>
>>330494917
You're one of two things.

Either you're a poorfag. Which, hey, that sucks. Sorry. This is life as a poorfag. You will be left behind and it's a terrible feeling.

Or

You're a Luddite. At which point, yeah, you have only yourself to blame.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 294x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 294x172
>>330496362
>>330497674
>>330494917
Look up Freedompop and Ringplus.

Freedompop will give you 200 minutes/200 texts/500MB for $0 a month. The catch is only that when you sign up they will try to get you to upgrade to a paid plan but you can click through and use the free plan.

Ringplus will give you up to 2000 minutes, 2000 texts and 1000mb for $0 a month. The catch is that you have to make a one time $20 deposit and link to your Facebook account.

Both services can be activated on any Sprint phone, if you really don't give a shit something like a $40 refurb Galaxy S2 will suit you just fine.
>>
>>330495627
I think the unofficial shit just uses Steam's browser chat option on desktops
>>
>>330498685
Alternatively:

Ask family members if have left over phones.
or
Swing by places that have collection centers for electronics and see if you can nab one.
>>
>>330498987
Yeah, somebody you know probably has a decent Motorola, LG or Samsung branded phone running Android 4.0 or so that is just rotting away in a drawer.
>>
Well, if you weren't a faggot you would not care, Steam is for playing games, what do you want the market for? To buy/sell stupid cards so you can have badges and level up to be more "awesome"? Kill yourself.

And the trading of items on F2P games its not as ridiculous, could be more understandable, though I still thing its an autistic thing.
>>
>>330494917
There should be a poorfag phoneless option for "No thanks on the extra security, but if my account gets hacked and all my skins get stolen, I'm up shit creek with no recovery option". Disables the trade hold thing, but if you get scammed or hacked or whatever steam doesn't have to fix your shit for you.

I think that'd work.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.