[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valkyria Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: val07.jpg (142 KB, 1474x1000) Image search: [Google]
val07.jpg
142 KB, 1474x1000
Would I like it even if I don't like RTS games?
And Valkyria Chronicles general too I guess.
>>
>>330491458
Its hardly an RTS at all, it's more turn based than anything. The "turns" you take are in real time 3rd person shooter style
>>
Well you're in luck! The game isn't a RTS.
>>
First one is the only one worth playing.
>>
>>330491458
Get ready for anger. It's not even a traditional RTS or strategy JRPG. It's a running simulator. If you have a scout that can find cover within one turn, you have good odds of winning.
>>
VC is turn oriented, also really fucking bland other than the art style. And with that I mean REALLY fucking bland. The rebalance mod might change that at least from the gameplay standpoint but I never tried it.
>>
It's turn based tactics, basically xcom with animu girls and a much lower difficulty, plus shit balancing. It's still quite fun despite all that.
>>
>>330491764

Is that so? I was looking forward to playing the other ones.
>>
>>330491458
>RTS
Valkyria is not only NOT an RTS in any way shape or form, it's also a fucking TURN BASED game.
>>
>>330491850
Play VC3. It's the best in the series.
>>
>>330491989
>best

ha
>>
>>330492724
How is it not? It improved the gameplay and fixed so many problems with the previous games.
>>
Will anyone make a decent budget SRPG again?
>>
>>330491850
VC1 > VC2 >>>>> Vshit 3
>>
>>330492939
Fire emblem fates
>>
>>330492916
It's just a VC2 reskin with edgier teens and bigger swords.
>>
>>330491850
If you enjoyed the first game I'd suggest you try out the third. Unfortunately the sequels get a lot of hate, most of which are from people who've never played them.
>>
>>330493063
>VC2 reskin
>edgy

Thank you for proving that you haven't played it. Saved me alot of time here.
>>
>>330493138

As it stands with their prices, translation status and my job, I have nothing to lose modding my PSP to play them... among other things.

I only own 3 actual PSP games. And 2 more if you count Vita ones.
>>
>>330493282
You could always emulate. PSP emulates real well too.

Third game never left Japan, but there's a subpar fan translation out there. It's not very good near the end, but it's all we have.
>>
>we'll never have a real VC game again all because of awful business decisions

Whoever the fuck decided that 2 and 3 should be PSP exclusive was a fucking moron, and I hope he got fired.

Nobody's going to buy the shitty looking new one, and I guarantee that Sega's going to can the series forever due to "lack of interest" when it flops.
>>
>>330493561
But they are already making a new VC game.
>>
>>330493664
He said "real".

The new game is BEYOND disappointing.
>>
>>330493664
Different anon, but if you're talking about the spin-off, that has basically nothing to do with VC, then I am pretty sure that is what that anon meant by "shitty looking new one."
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.