[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (503 KB, 477x564) Image search: [Google]
file.png
503 KB, 477x564
What went right?
>>
> 0 replies
>>
The series can finally rest. Even if it had to be violated multiple times beforehand.
>>
The series died... again... now Activision can no longer hurt it.
>>
i remember tony hawk was cool as fuck when i was in third grade

reagan was president at the time
>>
>>330491591
Who owns the rights now that Activision's contract ran out? Tony himself?
>>
>>330491446
Absolutely nothing. Bare-bones, cheap cash grab released just before the license expired. What a way to end the series.
>>
I learned to actually skateboard years ago so I didn't have to play the garbage games.
>>
>>330491676
At this point who the fuck cares? We're never getting a game like the old school Tony hawk games ever again.
And before anyone says, I hate the skate games. I just could not get behind the controls.
>>
File: 1457656209667.jpg (190 KB, 830x960) Image search: [Google]
1457656209667.jpg
190 KB, 830x960
>>330491446
>>
>>330491446
I haven't played this abomination, but it doesn't matter at this point. The advent of the Skate control scheme just devastates the "endless-rail / endless-manual" method of getting points and beating long run challenges. THPS2 will live in my heart forever, but Skate is so much more rewarding with controls.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4sbU7EvoCk

Good:
What went right? Those yuppie programmers made a more punishing system that forces you to consider landing properly over pulling off multiple combos.
The controls only take a couple of minutes before you remember how to do everything again.
The price of the PS3 version when it was at $12

Bad:
Areas are complete ghost towns
Even cities are void of life, unlike it the Skate series.
>>
File: 1436327019332.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436327019332.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
I dont dislike Tony Hawk, but for fucks sake give it up. The last not garbage game was American Wasteland, that was 9 years ago.

Skate 1 and 2 killed any interest in another Tony Hawk game, 3 did for a completely different reason.
When Activision realises the licence isn't profitable, all EA needs to do is give Tony Hawk a shit-ton of money for him and his group of skaters and fire up the Black Box Machine to make another Skate game. It has always been a profit, in one way or another.
>>
File: me.jpg (170 KB, 605x934) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
170 KB, 605x934
>>330491446
>tfw there will never be an EA skate with thug2-level flatground tricks
>tfw there will never be a second Rodney Mullen
>>
>>330492513
Project 8 is good
>>
>>330491446

It had skateboards. It also had Tony Hawk. And half pipes! (To a degree)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.