[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout: New Vegas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: fallout_new_vegas-1920x1080.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout_new_vegas-1920x1080.jpg
596 KB, 1920x1080
Just bought it on Steam, any mandatory mods I should get? Also, New Vegas thread.
>>
File: All-American.png (955 KB, 2400x950) Image search: [Google]
All-American.png
955 KB, 2400x950
>>330474315
Bump with my raifu.
>>
YUP, responsive kills, xfo combat ai, combat enhancer, jsawyer

This if you want bugfixes, better combat and rebalancing made by the project lead
>>
>>330474780
Thanks anon.
>>
File: fallout new vegas.jpg (63 KB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
fallout new vegas.jpg
63 KB, 700x387
>>330474315
YIPPIE YAYYYYYYYY

THERE'LL BE NO WEDDING BELLS FOR TODAYYYY

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
>>
File: fallout nv sawyer regrets.png (505 KB, 912x5099) Image search: [Google]
fallout nv sawyer regrets.png
505 KB, 912x5099
>>330474315
here op/curious anons, have some reading material
>>
I've never beat this game.

What other mods are good.
>>
File: BEARANDBULL.jpg (131 KB, 465x656) Image search: [Google]
BEARANDBULL.jpg
131 KB, 465x656
BEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLTHEDIVIDEBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULLBEARANDBULL
>>
>>330474315
for your first playthough? none. play the game as it was.
>>
JIP companion control is ESSENTIAL. It actually makes passive mode passive and gives you much better control over companions
>>
Any builds tips? Just finished doing one Elizabeth Báthory.
>>
NVAC and stutter remover!
>>
nigger i didn't see this on sale. did you seriously pay full price for this game?
>>
NVSE
Anti Crash
Anti Stutter
YUP
Outside Bets
>>
>>330477874
Worth every penny.
>>
>>330478030
you sound poor
>>
File: fantastic.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantastic.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>330478030
>one person criticising you for paying full price, the other one criticising you for valuing money

You did the right thing giving money to obsidian anon, fuck those guys
>>
File: new vegas deal.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
new vegas deal.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
>>330476804
This, you should try it vanilla first

I'm not even sure if the stutter or crash fixes do more harm than help, I would try the game withoum them to compare
There are mods that make nights darker, there's a couple, can't remember which one I used, it might be Fellout

>>330479150
>obsidian
heh, I think you mean bethesda
>>
>>330478218
Because I didn't wait for a sale like a poor fuck? No anon, YOU are poor.
>>
>Just bought it on Steam, any mandatory mods I should get?
JSawyer is a rebalance mod by the game's actual developers. Other than that remember to play on hardcore mode. It's not actually that "hard", just makes the game a little more immersive.
I personally love like Project Nevada since it adds optional slo-mo mode in place of VATS. Really like it instead of constant changing between pseudo-turn based and full real time. I'd recommend you to disable the "immersive" visors in the in-game options though as they look awful. Works perfectly with JSawyer as long as you remember to untick Rebelance during Project Nevada installation.

>DLC
There's few preferred orders you should play the DLC campaigns in as they have an overarching storyline;
Release order: DM > HH > OWB > LR

Official "recommended" level order: HH (any) > OWB (15+) > DM (20+) > LR (25+)
I don't really agree with the game's recommended levels as combat wise OWB is a lot harder than DM due to bullet spongy enemies. Though as long as you max at least one weapon skill you should be able to get through most situations.

I'd personally recommend:
HH (it's the least connected to other DLC and easiest) > DM (it assumes you haven't gone through OWB yet) > OWB (since its ending implies that LR is going to be next) > LR (since it's the finale and hardest combat wise)

Whatever you decide to do save Lonesome Road for last.
>>
>>330479045
He meant that he's the God Damn Dam God
>>
>>330480212
I don't remember LR being that hard. I remember there being a couple deathclaw encounters but the flare gun makes it easy mode. Tunnelers were only hard if they're in a group but even then they didn't compare to the absolute bullet sponge robots in OWB.
>>
>>330481638
It's the last thematically and Ulysses is slightly more disappointing to deal with once you've had three DLC's worth of buildup
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.