[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1080x600
Is this any good?
>>
>>330466525
yes its fun
>>
Could the be the next flavor of the month maymee?
>>
>>330466525
>early access
>survival
>crafting
>multiplayer
It sure sounds pretty original.
>>
>>330466525
maybe if you're being payed by the game devs to play it
>>
No

I refunded it pretty quick
>>
>>330466525

As a purely Battle Royale sort of game, it's the best out there.

A wide variety of perks to build you character, along with the Airdrops to complement them. It cuts all the fat of games like Rust and H1Z1's battle royale mode and just focuses soley on the PvP survival.

But it still has the jankiness of those games. But as their first try out of alpha it's got a lot of things right for this genre
>>
I don't think it's a well made game, but it's fun for me.
It's not like the other Rust and DayZ shit. It's the closest thing to a Battle Royale and the matches last only 30 minutes or less.
The only thing I dislike about the game is the rock, scissors and paper melee combat. I prefer using long range weapons and throwing because of that. It seems like most players are just spamming random buttons and you have no idea if you should block, shove or hit.
If they can improve the combat and put out more content it's going to be a good game.
>>
>>330466525
Pure shit. I didn´t even use up my 2 hour play time, and already got a refund after second match. Awful combat, garbage graphics and just a huge ass empty arena. Takes forever to get into the action and find somebody to stab, and when it happens, is not even fun.

AVOID.
>>
>>330466525
It's fun with friends, but gameplay wise it's really bad
>>
>>330466525
Stream meme game of the month for streamers. Better kid vs kid out there to play.
>>
If its good, it will still be good in 1-2 months. So wait.
>>330468126
What "fat" do the H1Z1 and Rust modes have, Arma 3 while your at it? The downtime waiting for people to get to the safe zone?
>>330468335
Yeah the melee combat is why I refunded. Its a joke. The only "push back" you should get when you attack into someone is if they perfectly timed a block and parried your attack. Push beats block, Block beats Attack, Attack beats push is fucking dumb and its all kinds of clunky and has bad detection if your push even works.

Bow is useless, does too little damage and the best part of it is just stunning people and kiting but its really garbage since the Throw perk got fucking super buffed. Its best to just get like 2 spears, armor and a bandage early on and you can fight insanely well with the Movespeed perk, Silent footsteps, and Throw perk.

I would be 100% more into the game in general if perks and airdrop loadouts didn't exist. Everyone is running Chainsaw or one of the gun ones. Everyone is using the same 5-6 perks that are fairly interchangeable.

It fucks up the balance and you just have dozens of shitty crates and shitty perks.
>>
>>330468352
>plays two matches
>gets fucking rekt because he's a faggot who doesn't know how the melee combat works
>refunds and cries on /v/

git gud faggot, it's hilarious when I kill faggots like you ingame who only block or spam left click then rage after death
>>
>>330468759

"I have literally no idea what I am talking about" - the post
>>
If you get lucky, you can easily make back the $15 with drops
>>
>>330468918
>>330469039
>Defending this garbage game so hard
Is alright shill, you the dev or one of the steam mods? Too bad you can´t censor and remove threads here.
>>
>>330468759
They nerfed the throw perk and chainsaws cost more now.
Also bow is good when you've used it a lot. At first it seems kind of useless, you charge a shot for 15 damage and then you don't even hit. The correct use of a bow is using it at medium range. You can hit them for 5-7 damage really fast and then go in for the kill since the bow also applies bleed on them. Even if you hit them for 5 damage they are going to bleed and take a damage.
I don't like how everyone is using spear perks and min-max shit, but I like the perks that I have like starting with a backpack, 10% movement speed and 10% damage. It's not game breaking, it's just very useful for my style of play.
>>
>>330466525
Shit. Spend your money on Understale might even look like a bright idea in comparison.
>>
>>330469467

I am the Dev ask me anything
>>
>>330469778
Fuck off, retard. Stop shilling your game, Toby. No one cares about you anymore.
>>
>>330467834
but it's a deathmatch game with those elements
there aren't even really survival elements seeing as you don't need to eat/drink to survive or any of that shit. I mean this definitely seems like a shill thread but don't anti-shill by lying, that just makes the shilling look more authentic.
>>
>>330467834
It's not fucking survival. Every thread FFS.

You aren't eating, drinking, etc.

It's an arena death match with crafting. That's it.
>>
>>330469816
Better combat when?
>>
>>330468759

Yes, each round in Culling takes 25 minutes tops, as opposed to those other games where it can take up to an hour if people are playing campy. You have these gigantic maps with nothing substantial in there, 90% of it is empty space. Culling is just big enough where you have to go looking for people but also small enough where it doesn't turn into a camping snorefest. The pacing is just right for a game focused on battle royale survival.
>>
>>330470029
Combat is GOTY right now, name a title with better combat
>>
>>330470009
There's nothing shill about this thread. OP is asking if it's good and I am the only person defending the game even thought it's kind of shitty.
I'd never say ''OH SHIT BUY THIS FUCKING GAME!!!'', but I would recommend trying it out and refunding it if you don't like it. Most people will not like it.
>>
>>330470236
Rock Paper Scissors.
>>
flavour of the month

see also:
ark
reign of kings
the forest
rust
h1z1
etc
>>
>>330470391

but that is already our implemented combat system

except it is rock, paper, scissors on a 3d plane with perks and and an hp system and chems and ranged weapons

fuck off with your shit
>>
all of my favorite streamers are playing it and said its the best battle royale game ever
>>
>>330469816
Can I have my money back? I never knew about Steam refund, and have the game left unplayed since last week on 3 hours.
>>
>>330470729
no, killyourself

or git gud
>>
>>330470695
It is, but that's not saying much. The only competition to it is H1Z1 and DayZ with their hunger games mods. It's the best game out of all 3 of them.
>>
>>330467190
>>330466525
It's obviously a flavor of the month game. I watched some gameplay and it seems fun to play with a friend or two to dominate the competition.
I doubt this game has any real staying power though. If you're fine with paying for a new game from month to month to hop along with your friends, that's cool.
Admittedly, I'm surprised about Rocket League still having players (it's fun but not worth obsessing over)
>>
They need to fix the hit detection with blocking and then I will love the combat.
>>
File: puji.png (285 KB, 502x624) Image search: [Google]
puji.png
285 KB, 502x624
>>330466525
>>
>>330470520
You say perks as if its a good thing. You have the intention of going in as the best BR game and fuck it up with passive advantages over other people.
>>
>>330471673
Everyone can have the same perks.
That's like saying someone who picks rock in rock paper scissors has an advantage over someone who picks scissors or paper.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.