[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a PS2 with freemcboot, hdd adapter and hdd. What games do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: ps2_hdd_install2.jpg (9 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
ps2_hdd_install2.jpg
9 KB, 213x200
Got a PS2 with freemcboot, hdd adapter and hdd. What games do people recommend I get? Already got all the RE games, DMC and SH games. Also got FF10 and 12, anything else?
>>
>>330463135
ape escape 2+3 and Million Monkeys
people say the ace combat games
Another century's episode 1,2,3.
Musashi
SRW Z 1
>>
Yakuza. Combat isnt too deep but fun and the story is good. How did you get freemcboot on it? I looked up a few softmod guides but i dont have a spare memcard or ar replay max.
>>
>>330463135
off the top of my head
okami, shadow of the colossus, hulk, spiderman2, ultimate spiderman, viewtiful joe, midnight club 3 dub, katamari damacy, god of war, whole lotta megami tensei games. there's shitloads of great games.
>>
>>330463432
also every onimusha game
4 is best fuck all of you faggots
>>
dark cloud 2
zone of enders
odin sphere
>>
Jak games
Ratchet games
Sly games
Klonoa 2
SMT games (Plus Persona 3 FES and 4 if you're a weeb)
Airblade
Kingdom Hearts if you can get past the silliness
Gitaroo Man
Yakuza 1 - 2
>>
>>330463348
Its really easy. The general idea is to get a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire, copy it, replace a ELF file onto a DVD-R and do some disc swapping, you install it to your memory card.
>>
>>330463324
Ape Escape was GOAT on PS2, how do the PS2 ones live up to the first?
>>330463348
As far as i remember you just needed a memory card and usb stick. I do remember reading something about a James Bond game for some exploit but im not sure if thats another method or not. I ended up buying a console from eBay with a pad, hdd adapter, 40GB hdd, leads and memory card with it pre installed. Cost me £30 including postage.
>>
File: 63070_front.jpg (103 KB, 640x899) Image search: [Google]
63070_front.jpg
103 KB, 640x899
>>
>bought a cheap PS2 slim recently because I never owned one years ago
I know that with the non slims you can use the HDD, and USB is too slow, so what are my options, then? Freemcboot but just burn discs and I'm all good?
>>
>>330463741
Fair warning, the first Jak game doesn't save properly. Unless that has been patched or something.
>>
>>330464080
You can buy a fat for like half the price of a video game.

I have 5.
>>
>>330463819
PS1*
>>
>>330464262
Damn i was more accurate than I thought.

Here u go.

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Console-Sony-Play-Station-2/dp/B0000C7GHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457723569&sr=8-1&keywords=ps2+fat
>>
>>330464080
Burning discs is what I do. I bought 50 DVD-R's for $8 on eBay. The only problem is that some games like God of War and Gran Turismo 4 are dual layer. There's a way to play games over your network that only requires a crossover cable, so you might want to look into that.
>>
>>330464574
Op here, that was my backup method if i couldnt get the hdd adapter cheap. I read that it can be quite sketchy to get setup.
>>
>>330464102
I WAS WONDERING. My GF got the game to 99%, saved it before final boss, and save got corrupt. I had to switch memory cards back and forth until it just worked.

she got so mad.
>>
Twisted Metal Black
10,000 bullets
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank
Jak
Gran Turismo (4?)
God of War 1 and 2
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
X-Men Legends
Devil May Cry
Ace Combat, Unsung War specifically
Armored Core, 3, Nexus, Last Raven
Freedom Fighters
Max Payne
Front Mission
Katamari Damacy
Darkwatch
Hitman, Blood Money specifically
Resident Evil 4, but Wii version's best
Matrix Path of Neo
Black
God Hand
Manhunt
DragonBall Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3

OPL's recced homebrew
>>
>>330464080
USB is actually fine for most games, the only thing is Cutscenes being unwatchable.
>>
>>330464959
>abort doesn't work
Link for OPL
http://ps2home.freeforums.net/thread/108/opl-daily-builds-releases
>>
>niggas don't know about /v/'s wiki

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Playstation_2
>>
Is there any way to play PS1 backups on my fat? IIRC only slims could do it, is that still the case?
>>
>>330463135
>ps2
what the fuck is this, 2005? jesus man
ive only neckbeards talk ps2 in public
>>
>>330465151
still too new to be discussed on /vr/
>>
>>330465082
The wiki makes me nostalgic, because it used to be posted all the time. Then I think around people starting accusing Reddit of invading it, then it stopped being recommended.
>>
>>330464315
amazing.
>>
>>330465127
Block sensors and swap discs if i remember correct.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.