[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a detective/crime solving game. Any suggestions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: crime-and-punishment.jpg (32 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
crime-and-punishment.jpg
32 KB, 306x475
Looking for a detective/crime solving game.

Any suggestions.

Pic related.
>>
>>330461824
LA Noire
>>
Danganronpa was recently released on PC, pretty fun.
>>
bladerunner
>>
>>330461872

Completed it on 360, still pricey on steam last time I looked.

has anyone played crime and punishment? is it worth 20 pound?
>>
>>330461932
>Danganronpa

looked at it a month ago, unsure as i'm looking for more of a real world game.

It's on the list though.
>>
>>330462728
The tone and style is pretty bizarre, but the murders and detective work is pretty straightforward. I like it because it's a nice break from all the noir.

But if it is noir that you're looking for, I recommend The Wolf Among Us. More focus on decision-making than actually solving the mystery, but you're still expected to make deductions, grill suspects, and handle your overbearing boss. The style and tone is pretty much perfect, it blends the noir and fantasy elements seamlessly, and the characters are all fantastic and memorable. Definitely worth playing if you're a fan of hardboiled detective stories and dark, gritty worlds.
>>
File: 15.jpg (433 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
433 KB, 1366x768
>>330461824
Frogware's Sherlock Holmes games. Fittingly enough, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments is the most recent one and isn't half-bad.
>>
File: hotel_dusk.jpg (141 KB, 1001x449) Image search: [Google]
hotel_dusk.jpg
141 KB, 1001x449
>>330461824
only the best

spiritual sequel announced just today

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/

long live the CiNG
>>
File: 53051.jpg (34 KB, 304x283) Image search: [Google]
53051.jpg
34 KB, 304x283
>>330463238
>TWAU
>implying you detect or solve anything

It's a Telltale game, you're there to enjoy the show and nothing else. If you actually want a GOOD detective story with similarities to TWAU you should check out Discworld Noir.
>>
>>330463714
It's on rails, but it still works as a detective game. There's one point in particular where you're straight-up asked to name the culprit. You can get it wrong and the game still continues, but it's not nearly as cool.

I'd say it's a bit like reading a mystery novel as opposed to a solve-it-yourself mystery book. You don't HAVE to figure everything out yourself, but you'll likely be doing it anyways. I found TWAU way more entertaining than most detective games that rely on the player to solve a shitton of pointless puzzles in order to progress the plot another step.

I will check that game out though, that looks neat.
>>
Aren't there a bunch of Sherlock Holmes games? Dunno if they're any good though.
>>
>>330461824
Heavy Rain if you own PS3
>>
File: 1803156-box_slife.png (474 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
1803156-box_slife.png
474 KB, 500x640
>>330461824
check out still life. qt main character, too.
>>
>>330462038
tell me about this game anon
>>
>Pic related.

I'm guessing you never actually read it?
>>
>>330465229
I think he posted pic related for the vibe Anon, not the actual plot.
>>
>>330464526

op here.

>heavy rain

no.

>Farenheit

Yes.
>>
Phoenix Wright is great if you like dramatic twists and shit.
>>
>>330465229

yeh I read it a week before posting this thread to make sure I was qualified to add it as the mandatory image.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.