[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Custom colour palettes Why was SFxT the only big fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 01_sfxtcolors02.jpg (215 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
01_sfxtcolors02.jpg
215 KB, 1280x720
>Custom colour palettes

Why was SFxT the only big fighting game to do this? Why can't we do this in V?
>>
>>330458501
Casuals don't care about that.
>>
>>330458501
>those delicious Lili, Asuka, Nina, and Julia models and fighting styles
>all going to waste

I feel somewhat bad.
>>
>>330458501
SC has been doing this since forever.
>>
Because it would require shit tone of work in animation department. Literally a whole bunch of work for each color scheme.
>>
people used the metallic colors and neon colors a lot and people mostly complained.
>>
That was the Tekken influence, T7 will probably have a lot of customization too.
>>
>>330458884
you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
You can kinda do it on SFV for PC through hex editing and I think people have made tools to make it really simple.

But it would be nice to have the option in game.

>>330458884
How so?
>>
File: ss-2016-03-02-08h40m19s796.jpg (144 KB, 960x674) Image search: [Google]
ss-2016-03-02-08h40m19s796.jpg
144 KB, 960x674
Only useful if they're wearing skin-tight clothes.
>>
KoF has done it a few times.
>>
>>330458501
Because SFxT was a party game and didn't try to hide it like Sakurai and Smashfags do with their shit.
>>
>>330459147
>You can kinda do it on SFV for PC through hex editing

more info on this? sounds interesting
>>
>>330458501
SFXT did a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong. Why did it have to be this way?
>>
>>330458884
That doesn't work like that. Color palettes don't alter the polygon's or sprite's programming.
>>
>>330460684
>for general mod stuff
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/forum/4222447/

>color edit app
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8256621&t=11386575

I can't find specifically what I looked at regarding hex editing but it was somewhere on that forum
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.