[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Nintendo or Modern Shitendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 1280x960
Old Nintendo or Modern Shitendo?
>>
>>330448259
They are literally the same, except that nowadays Nintendo of Europe is actually not complete shit. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>330448364
funny how people finally wake up and yet still refuse to see the truth.
>>
Just leaving this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZYIHMpQBM&feature=youtu.be&a
>>
Neither. They're losing all their developers, and with a little help, even their first and second parties will lose all their people to other consoles.

https://www.change.org/p/intelligent-systems-bring-paper-mario-colour-splash-to-the-ps4-instead-of-the-wii-u?recruiter=504847922&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
>>
>>330448259
Modern is fucking Goat you pleb, they need to make few beter decisions but overall they are goat
>>
>>330451051
just like microsoft.... go take your bullshit somewhere else for every jaded old dev that leaves a fresh enthusiastic one is there to replace
>>
This is what we call a leading question.
>>
What is the nintendo console with less violent video games and more games for all ages and all audiences?
>>
>>330451204
People like you existing is why my favorite game company has become terrible. Thanks anon.
>>
>>330452210
sorry to hear Sony is still shit
>>
File: 1439151636425.jpg (26 KB, 443x667) Image search: [Google]
1439151636425.jpg
26 KB, 443x667
>>330450438
>People say the WiiU is better than the gamecube, that Nintendo hasn't gotten worse
HAAW
WAAW
>>
>nostalgia card already played post 2
You guys don't know what nostalgia is. Games I feel nostalgia for are Runescape, Kingdom Hearts, etc. Both of these examples are shitty games, yet I still feel nostalgia for them because I played them when I was young.

When I say I like games like Final Fantasy 7 and Super Metroid, I get accused of wearing "nostalgia goggles" (lol, how witty and funny! Not parroting / herd mentality at all btw). Guess that's why I played Super Metroid for the first time in 2009, and FF7 for the first time in 2011. It's just "nostalgia" though.

This being said, old Nintendo is objectively better than new Nintendo. This is an opinion anyone with any kind of taste would hold. It's not because of "nostalgia", it's because of gameplay.
>>
>>330452417
The Wii U is Nintendo's third best console, only being beaten by the NES and SNES.
>>
>>330452417
>gamecube

The Gamecube was only better than Wii U because of Capcom and a couple of other devs. Wii U actually has better first party games.

>>330452873
Sounds to me like you don't know what nostalgia is. I bet you were still pretty young in 2009, when you played the games for the first time. Also, they are legitimately great games. The reason why you think that new Nintendo games are bad or at least much worse than the old ones is because you've become jaded. Take a break from gaming and you'll enjoy playing games again.
>>
File: 1455060568081.jpg (78 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1455060568081.jpg
78 KB, 750x600
>>330448259

Nintendo hasn't made one good system since Gamecube/GBA. They only care about appealing to casuals now, which is terrible in the long run. Taking a shit on the people that will actually play your game years after its release is a godawful business practice.
>>
>>330453891

3DS is my favorite portable system if I'm being perfectly honest.
>>
>>330448259
Modern Shitendo

what are you, fucking gay?
>>
File: Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>330454048

Probably you're a casual. All of Nintendo's consoles these days are tailor-made with your kind in mind.
>>
>>330453891
>GBA

Except that it isn't. The first model was a pain in the ass to play on. Also most good games were SNES ports that you had to pay full-price for again.
>>
>>330453438
>Sounds to me like you don't know what nostalgia is. I bet you
What? You're just going to change the subject and not explain why? This is just a deflection / projection then. I've demonstrated that I do know what it means. You people seem to think when you say "nostalgia", nobody is allowed to disagree with your application of the word, and nobody is allowed to clarify their actual experience with a game; when we get accused of only liking a game for nostalgia, when we actually played it years after it came out and like it for gameplay based reasons, that doesn't matter. The person saying the word "nostalgia" is just always right, and the "nostalgiafag" is the enemy and therefore always wrong.
>The reason why you think that new Nintendo games are bad or at least much worse than the old ones is because you've become jaded. Take a break from gaming and you'll enjoy playing games again.
Clearly the problem must be with me, right? You can't be wrong, the people who go around saying "nostalgia" all the time can't be wrong, and Nintendo can't make a bad game. Those just aren't possibilities.
>>
>>
>>330454724
>nostalgia

Feeling nostalgic about something doesn't mean that you experienced when it was new. It means that you experienced it when you were young, or times were better etc. You could be 18 but feel nostalgic about Mario Bros on the NES because you used to play it when you were 10.
>>
>>330454304

ah, okay
>>
>>330452417
Objectively that's true though, because you can soft mod to play Gamecube games on Wii U (and Wii games by default of course)

>no u dummy I mean relative to their time

I think relative to their time, in a vacuum the Wii U is still a little better than the Gamecube in my opinion but they are comparable.
>>
Anyone who says WiiU doesnt have great games is literally an ignorant fuck
>>
>>330451430
liked and shared
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.