[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elder scrolls online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160310_203031.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160310_203031.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
eso thread.
Why do you hate it? it actually is a good game now that they have fixed most of the problems from the launch
>inb4 bad launch
>inb4 muh lore
>>
>>330445206
how's the community? Is there a global chat where you can fool around and chat with random players?
are people talkative? is playing in party beneficial and fun?
>>
I thought lore was the reason most people cared about this series

What the fuck else are you gonna do when everything else is shit
>>
Eh, I played it in the beta and I just didn't feel the "IT" factor that would keep me playing.
>>
>>330445206
Give me five reasons that make you like it.
>>
>>330445368
thats something i really havent looked into too much lately since i've been in an area where everyone is just spamming "looking for x " and mainly enjoying the good quests. but i have had good conversations.
>>
The item shop is completely atrocious
>>
File: vomit22.jpg (55 KB, 400x426) Image search: [Google]
vomit22.jpg
55 KB, 400x426
Couldnt even finish the beta.

Combat was awful
Crafting gave no explanations
Crafting made your client crash
Zones were empty
Quests were mostly kill this kill that
Had no idea when events were supposed to start or if I was missing them with no indication
"Exploring' was just walking around in the woods because you couldn't enter any of the tombs or dungeons
Environments looked like a PS2 game yet the character models looked incredible
Had to grind for over an hour to drop a single weapon I could use that was better than my starting one
>>
>>330445471
i also didnt feel it at first, but then i gave it another chance and it feels good man.
>>330445547
i enjoy the quests
dungeons are good
the pvp is awesome
>inb4 zergfest
i like the stealing aspect, check thieves guild
i like the combat, now that i've gotten used to it, somewhat unforgiving.
there is lots of content and more coming.

again for the social side i really dont know cuz i have played mainly solo, but i'll look how the people there is.
>>330445716
how so? most of that stuff is purely optional
>>
>>330445206
Where can I go to get paid to post bad games on the internet?
>>
>>330445979
i dont know, ask someone whos shilling a BAD game
>>
>>330445968
>enjoy
>good
>awesome
>i like
>i like

You haven't actually said anything. Why is it good?
>>
>>330445206
>inb4 muh lore
What's wrong with the lore anyhow? I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim prior and ESO definitely feels like it's got more thought put into it than both.
>>
File: 1310418780419.png (226 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1310418780419.png
226 KB, 435x435
>>330446445
>>
>>330446105
quests are fully voice acted and they immersme in the world like, i've been playing on aldmeri dominion and i feel like i have emotional bond with the people

dungeons have very good innovation on the mechanics and there is public dungeons

pvp needs a strategy and good coordination of the whole team

well, stealing cuz stealing, not seen it in many MMO's atleast when its this good with criminal leaderboards and many quest revolving around criminal activities

combat felt clunky at start but now it feels a bit unforgiving, one false timing and your dead

is that enough for you?
>>
>>330446445
well i dont actually know either, i've just heard tons of people complain about it so i put it there
>>
>>330446053
Do you know where OP went? I'll ask him.
>>
>>330446650
here i am. TO ROCK YOU LIKE HURRICANE
>>
>>330446561
Voice acting in mmos is completely useless as it still boils down to repetitive quests like collect 10 nigger heads

examples?

that may be true but I won't trust blindly

this might be good

I have a feeling the combat is still clunky
>>
>>330445471
>>330445793
I played it during the beta as well and I hated the living shit out of it. Then I played it again when it was on sale and I've realized it's way better.

The Lore is defiantly not as bad as I first thought, although the quests and certain books are written badly (not much worse than Skyrim though).
The combat is also the best in the series, which is ironic since it's an mmo.
I don't really cared for the online though, and I thought everyone else moving around was a bit immersion breaking. I have no idea how playing with others work.
>>
>>330445206
I will never play it simply because I can't stand that "loremaster" guy that was shilling it before release and I refuse to support that kind of shit.
>>
>>330446826
I'm actually considering getting it when it goes on a fuckhueg sale to play for a week really.

Hope it will happen soon since I'm bored as fuck
>>
>>330446957
That was kinda what I did. I paid about 15 bucks for it and it was well worth it just to play through one of the three storylines. I might come back to it to play the two others but the Aldmeri Dominion had enough content for me.
>>
>>330446785
some of the quests are like that, but others are like "find thease 3 magic dicks around the zone to actiavate the ultimate vagina to see if the queen is worhty of being empress"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTbktPruqg

the combat is quite the same as before but i still like it
>>
>>330446957
its 16€ on g2a
>>
File: loremaster.jpg (694 KB, 1900x1520) Image search: [Google]
loremaster.jpg
694 KB, 1900x1520
found it
>>
>>330446785
>Voice acting in mmos is completely useless as it still boils down to repetitive quests like collect 10 nigger heads
Every Bethesda game does this, including Morrowind.
>>
>>330446561
Just so you know, i don't value you opinions or consider you an intelligent person.
>>
>>330446914
sorry to hear that, its a good game but if someone ruined it for you... too bad
>>
>>330446785
The questing in ESO is way better than Skyrim, but nowhere near as good as Oblivion and Morrowind.

You do start to notice a trend in the quest progression, which can be annoying. Most of them makes you walk around a certain area such as the outside of a ruin, and activate lots of triggers. Once they are triggered you will either do some dungeon crawling or fight a boss. It can be a bit tiresome but the scenery and plot of the quests are unique enough to keep it fresh. There's also of course a lot of quests that break with this rule.
>>
>>330447458
>i dont like the game he likes so he is stupid
same goes for you my friend
>>
>>330447532
look at him
>>330447328
>>
File: 38b.jpg (155 KB, 1456x777) Image search: [Google]
38b.jpg
155 KB, 1456x777
>>330447654
i some what envy him, he must know what it means to a "wizard"
>>
>>330447652
What other games do you like?
>>
it's ok for an mmo but it was marketed as pvp being a huge selling point but the servers cant handle more than 20 people on the screen without the game crashing

combat system when it actually works is really fun but the devs fucked it up by ignoring pvp and server lag for 2 years so the community is dead

play black desert if you want an mmo that's actually good
>>
>>330447858
mostly something with a medieval vibe in it. chivalry: Medival warfare is one of my favorites, and also mount & blade: warband
>>
>>330445206
Can you achieve CHIM?
>>
>>330448025
No, there is no modding.
>>
>>330448132
gay
>>
Picked it up for half off to play with a friend. How much can I get out of it before I even consider getting the DLC shit? It almost seems to make more sense to get the sub for the P2P currency rather than buy that shit outright. The cost comes to about the same in the end, the sub might give more benefits.

Anyways what's the most broken class at the moment? Alls I want to do is grief people
>>
>>330446561
oh i must add to that that, when im leveling i feel like im in no rush to get to the endgame i can freely explore the world and enjoy what ever the fuck, like fishing
>>
>>330445206
>playing a TES game with no mods

fuck that shit
>>
>>330448662
Fuck off.
>>
>>330449071
wat?!??!?!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.