[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for not having finished Black Mesa Source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Bm_c1a0b0140.jpg (588 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Bm_c1a0b0140.jpg
588 KB, 1680x1050
What's your excuse for not having finished Black Mesa Source yet ?
>>
>>330443581
It's a terrible remake.
>>
I played the original when it came out and dozens of times since then. I don't care for the floaty fucking source engine.
>>
How do i finish BMS when there is still no ending?
>>
>>330443581
I don't have it
>>
>>330443658
Elaborate please. There was shittons of work put into that project.
>>
>>330443581
I couldnt get into it. I played it for a few hours but it just didn't catch my attention. I still play the original half-life every now and then.
>>
Because Source is an ancient, shitty engine. I'm a proud PC gamer, I don't play low quality shit that could run on consoles.
>>
I can't finish it because there's no
Xen.
>>
I'm not paying for a free mod valve decided to make cost money. I beat it 3 years ago Idc if the added in xen it's retarded it costs money.
>>
I never liked Half-life
>>
>>330443658
It's literally the game copy pasted with the OST objectively improved, the gameplay refreshed, the physics engine imported from HL2 as well as some puzzles. The guns are the exact same, behave the same etc. The enemies have substantially the same AI. The graphics are miles ahead of HL1, and the game even fixes some of the original HL's pacing issues (albeit fucking up here and there in terms of difficulty, I'm especially thinking of the helicopter fight after you get the RPG).

The only thing HL1 has going for it that BM:S doesn't is Xen, and that's like 1-2 hours of not-so-interesting gameplay scenes (of which HL1 had many, which BM fixed) shooting enemies in a weird environment and a bredy gut final boss.

There is absolutely no arguing against this, objectively BM:S > HL

Also BM had shitty optimization
>>
>>330443581
i'll finish it when the developers do
>>
File: 1457081478547.png (295 KB, 386x494) Image search: [Google]
1457081478547.png
295 KB, 386x494
I'll pirate it once they finish Xen
(If they ever do, the Xen part AS SHORT AS IT FUCKING IS has become as vaporware as the mod itself used to be)
And i'm not buying it because fuck jews, i do what i want.
>>
I finished it but haven't beat Half-Life yet. I played a bit of it when I was younger but it just wasn't that fun. BMS on the other hand is the first time I had fun shooting things in a Half-Life game.
>>
>>330444018
>pirate
I'm pretty sure they have it for free and you can just download it. Paying over Steam is if you want to support them + 'cheevos, trading cards and multiplayer.
>>
>>330444569
He said he'll pirate it after Xen is finished. Xen's not gonna be on the free version, only on the paid one.
>>
NO XEN
>>
>>330443581
I already did, when the mod came out.
It's just inexcusable that we're STILL missing Xen, and that they're now asking money for it.

>>330443987
>It's literally the game copy pasted with the OST objectively improved, the gameplay refreshed, the physics engine imported from HL2 as well as some puzzles.
Way to show you understand jack shit about it.
No, nothing's "imported" or copypasted, it's a total overhaul Source mod, built from ground up.

The guns and enemies do NOT work the same way. This was one of the most common complains about BMS. The enemy grunts for example are totally braindead compared to HL1, yet they have split-second reaction time and laser-accurate aiming at all distances. Similarly the Vortigaunts attack much faster.

>Xen, and that's like 1-2 hours of not-so-interesting gameplay scenes
Fuck. You.
Seriously, fuck you little apologizists, you're nothing but graphics fags in discuise.

At this moment, BMS is a shitty, amateurish remake-attempt, with tons of essential content missing, plenty of balancing issues, and some lazy art at times.
>>
>>330444729
Didn't they say otherwise or did they go back on that?
>>
I'll buy it when Xen
>>
>>330444821
The mod version is completely abandoned. They're now focusing on the paid Steam-version, which they treat as "Early Access".

Just ironic that 4 years of waiting only has gotten us the hastily put together Death Match.
>>
A competent team would literally finish Half Life, Op4 and Blue Shift remakes in the time these fuckers are putting Xen together, let alone the time it took them to make the main thing.
The simple truth is that Black Mesa team is a pack of incompetent jerkoffs.
>>
File: 1-xen10-skybox.png (162 KB, 1024x256) Image search: [Google]
1-xen10-skybox.png
162 KB, 1024x256
I'm only interested in it for their spin on Xen. I actually fucking loved the Xen levels so they better not fuck it up
>>
>>330443736
You gotta buy Black Mesa from steam for the Xen world levels, poorfag
>>
>>330443581
I don't know, what's the dev's excuse?
>>
Id rather just play hl1 desu
>>
>>330443581
inferior retread of the original game that outright breaks teh game because it lacks neural net AI

black mesa is not half-life 1 and i am really thoroughly disgusted that a lot of people think it is. It's a reduced version.
>>
I don't like HalfLife. The mods were great though.
>>
>>330443987
>The enemies have substantially the same AI.

they do not, whatsoever. they don't have neural net AI and this completely breaks every part of the game with soldiers or alien commanders
>>
>>330444815
>saying that the game is copy pasted as a metaphor of saying that the maps are essentially the same
>somehow your understanding is that i meant that the 56 kb mesh of the original was copy pasted to an entirely different engine and somehow turned into a 0.7 gb mesh
>trying to argue anything with anyone at any time ever
>>
I never understood the hate for Xen, I know that people don't like platforming, but it seemed easy enough to me. I thought the whole area was pretty neat, gave you some neat background on the aliens and the scenery was trippy. Also I liked the final boss.
Why do people hate it so much?
>>
>>330443581
because half life is a 5/10 franchise at best.
>>
>>330443581
HL1 didn't even need a remake, it aged really well. I don't see how this is superior to the original in any way besides graphics.
>>
>>330446289
>what is gameplay mechanics refresh
>what is sound effects improvement
>what is voice acting recasting
>what is soundtrack revision
>what is pacing redistribution
>>
Black Mesa is really good. So is the original. I think it was really awesome to play through BM as a long-time Half-Life fan and I don't understand why some people seem like they want to hate it just because it's the same game that they like(d) but prettier.
>>
>>330446553
>what is gameplay mechanics refresh
Mechanics are fine in the original.
>what is sound effects improvement
Subjective.
>what is voice acting recasting
No recasting needed, again, subjective.
>what is soundtrack revision
Why does it need a revison? The soundtrack is fine.
>what is pacing redistribution
Only pacing problem I can think of is Tram. HL1 has much better pacing than HL2. A minor issue, no game is perfect.

Is this all you have?
>>
>>330443581
never saw the big deal about HL. played each game once and never had any urge to play them again
>>
>>330446865
Why are you so miserable? BM is clearly a good game and so is Half-Life. Why can't they both exist?
>>
>>330447106
They can, but I'm sure as fuck not spending money in a game I already played with missing content and prettier graphics.
>>
>>330447106
Because you're trying to make one seem superior to the other.
>>
>>330447270
>>330447271
I'm not even that dude, but if someone likes those graphics and states that the music is better saying "subjective" isn't discrediting what they said or convincing anyone because no shit it is subjective. It is superior in ways to that person.

And by the way, if you liked Half-Life you should play it instead of being an asshole like you are being. It's a good game, great work was put into it and it's a beautiful way to revisit that game.
>>
>>330447463
It's not mechanically superior, it has missing content and some shitty AI. I pirated it and there's no way I'm paying for this. You sound like a shill.
>>
>>330447730
I'm as much a shill as someone who liked the game.
>>
>>330443581
You need the On a Rail and Surface Tension addon mod for a more full experience.
>>
>>330447883
Well, you should learn to deal with criticism in other ways other than calling asshole to someone that criticizes a game you like then.
>>
>>330443581
I have, what is your excuse for insinuating that I have not?
>>
>>330443750
work =/= quality.
Not that I agree with it being shit, but your reasoning is bad.
>>
>>330449551
You don't have any proof that I don't have proofs to insinuate that you haven't played it
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.