[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is dynamic difficulty adjustment a thing? I know that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Why is dynamic difficulty adjustment a thing?

I know that it's really clever game design and all, but when I pick a specific difficulty setting, I want to play at that specific difficulty setting goddammit.
>>
Casuals refuse to pick easy and then complain that the game is too hard.
>>
>>330438321
I don't believe this. I have never heard about this at all. This whole time, I thought I beat RE4 due to my own skill. This feels fucking awful. I feel so lied to.
>>
Play on professional if it bothers you.
>>
difficulty adjustment is a a nice buzzword.

its a feature review sites can say over and over again with no knowledge of what it is and make it sound like they actually played the game. without buzzwords people wouldnt know how to form an opinion about it
>>
>>330441271
So the difficulty locks at professional?

Still, if I want to breeze through the game and just blow ganados' heads off with my Red9, I should have the option to do so.
>>
>>330442061
That's what the unlockable bonus weapons are for.
>>
>>330438321
>Why is dynamic difficulty adjustment a thing?

Because the enemy can learn to counter your tactics, and force you to adjust.
>>
>>330440394
Sorry anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE
>>
was there ever a patch for the HD steam release that made it playable?
>>
>>330442857
What's unplayable about it?
>>
File: 1451382410665.jpg (36 KB, 363x365) Image search: [Google]
1451382410665.jpg
36 KB, 363x365
>game becomes easier as you die
>DSP still struggled like an armless motherfucker on it
>>
>>330443005
This is an 18+ website.
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
God hand is still the only game to this day that got dynamic difficulty right
>>
>>330442536
But infinite ammo breaks the game completely, and not in a good way.

I have never been able to beat this game with the typewriter. It's just too boring.
>>
>>330442929
Maybe my system really is that old but with a 955BE and a 280 I get shit fps with the game set @ 1080p and nothing else tweaked.
>>
>>330443089
Yeah, DSP is by far one of the best let's players on youtube.

Only kids hate him.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.