[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing racing games with keyboard is retarded >playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: google best google.png (2 MB, 1118x1013) Image search: [Google]
google best google.png
2 MB, 1118x1013
>playing racing games with keyboard is retarded
>playing shooters with gamepad isn't
>>
>said noone ever
>>
>>330435431
Most consolefags have said the first one at some point.
>>
Both are pants on head retarded.Trying to play flight sims with kb+m is even worse.
>>
>>330437607
Actually that works out pretty good. Pretty much all sims have "mouse flight" that emulates a joystick with configurable values.
Way better than gamepad, but obviously worse than dedicated joysticks
>>
>>330438259
Not it doesn't. Unless by "most sims" you mean "plebthunder".
>>
>>330435431
Who's Noone Ever?
>>
>>330438630
Cousin of Notthim Portant
>>
File: 1311762178961.jpg (58 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1311762178961.jpg
58 KB, 251x251
lmao dat pic is 100% real
>>
>playing racing games with keyboard is retarded
Using discrete input instead of continuous input. Retarded.
>playing shooters with gamepad isn't
Using continuous input for continuous input. Not optimal.

Those are not the same thing. One is retarded, the other is sub-optimal.
>>
>>330435398
>>playing racing games with keyboard is retarded
https://www.youtube.com/user/MySisterWasGateRaped/videos
inb4 shill
this is the best racing channel in jewtube
>>
>>330439705
Hello retard.
1. Racing games does not apply max steering at once but instead continuously increase steering angle the longer the button is held. The input is discrete but you can still hold any given value of steering with PWM.
This is somewhat similar to trying to aim quickly with a gamepad where you simply have to guess how long to hold the stick for.

2. For shooters the important distinction is relative (gamepad) vs absolute (mouse) input. Relative input when trying to aim is retarded.
>>
>>330440868
>1. Racing games does not apply max steering at once but instead continuously increase steering angle the longer the button is held
I know. And it's totally shit compared to direct control of a continuous value.
>This is somewhat similar to trying to aim quickly with a gamepad where you simply have to guess how long to hold the stick for.
You don't know how a gamepad work. It can be as fast as the mouse with high sensitivity.

I know that my argument was too complex for retards. You just prove it.

>distinction is relative (gamepad) vs absolute (mouse) input
That's a real difference, I agree. But it's not a discrete vs continuous. It two continuous schemes. It's what I say, sub-optimal.
>>
>>330441089
>And it's totally shit compared to direct control of a continuous value.
Just as using relative input to approximate direct
>It can be as fast as the mouse with high sensitivity.
You literally have to increase sensitivity something like 10 times to achieve the same speeds. That makes it completely unplayable, it's not even possible to do on console since you will max out the sensitivity slider and can't edit the .INI file

You have no argument for calling one sub-optimal and one retarded. They're both retarded. Discrete input can be used to perfectly emulate continuous input, but it's fucking shit at it
Relative input can be used to perfectly emulate absolute input, but it's fucking shit at it
>>
>>330441759
Ho I should have known that you were stupid. Otherwise you wouldn't have argue. Anon, you're stupid.
>>
>>330441816
>it's not even possible to do on console since you will max out the sensitivity slider and can't edit the .INI file
Now you're the one who don't even know how a game pad works
We're talking a full 180 turn in 0.1 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNr3Cz6Dth4
>>
I dont think ive ever tried a mouse for racing games.
A wheel would be best.I'm thinking of arcade games I have tried.
>>
>>330441759
Do you know what an open mind is? Because you don't have one.
>>
>>330442281
games have a hot key to turn around sometimes.
But yeah using a controller is retarded, everyone uses aim assist or else it wouldnt be any fun.
>>
File: asdasdas.png (10 KB, 866x155) Image search: [Google]
asdasdas.png
10 KB, 866x155
>>330442281
>>
>>330442290
I've long used mouse for racing sims actually. Up/Down for throttle/brake and left/right for steering. It's much more precise than gamepads, not quite as good as a wheel, but at least you get the precision.
Racing sims are also absolutely unplayable at any decent level with gamepad
>>
>>330438630
it's "Nadim"
>>
>>330444444
>>
>>330438259
>most sims

Nah that's just WT. I wouldn't even call WT a sim lol.
>>
>>330444785
What is WT?
Anyways, rise of flight, FSX and xplane all support it out of the box
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.