[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you guys played this game? i have never met another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: cover_large.jpg (121 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
121 KB, 600x540
Have any of you guys played this game? i have never met another person who has, even though this game is soooo good
>>
>>330434036
I played it a lot until I managed to lose it shortly after beating it the first time
Boxdogs were pretty cool
>>
Shit, I have, though I never beat it. I honestly don't really remember it that well, just something about ice walls being really good. Still have the cart lying around somewhere. It was certainly a very interesting magic system.
>>
>>330434163
i barely used the boxdog though, when i got it i already had much better monsters, i usually played with a dragon, three wolves and three slimes and chose the types to get type advantages
>>
>>330434462
the ng+ is really nice, because you get to keep all of your spells
>>
File: neat.png (198 KB, 325x233) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
198 KB, 325x233
>>330434667
How's the balance on NG+? I think i often had to use cheese strats on my first playthrough, but maybe I was just shit this game is 10 years old after all
>>
>>330434727
i actually felt like the ng+ was much harder, but i chose the evil pass in that, which is harder anyway so that could also have been it
>>
>>330434829
I was probably just bad.

Thanks for reminding me this game exists, OP, might try beating it after I'm done replaying MMBN.
>>
>>330434896
well i could only beat the end boss by teleporting right next to her and firing all my mana and monsters at her as fast as i could while trying to stunlock her
>>
This game is fucking brutal.
There's some seriously crazy difficult levels.
Also rune drawing was really picky and hard with some of the tier 3 runes. But it's an awesome game overall.
>>
I never beat it because it was too hard. Swapped temporarily with a friend for Trace Memory. Man that game was fun though, really satisfying catching cool monsters to use I remember. The story was just bonkers rpg nonsense right?
>>
>>330435303
the second and third water runes were horror to use, especially when combining them with others, like when you already drew another rune and then the spell get's aborted. The combining of runes was one of my favourite aspects of the game though, i think they were almost 400 possible spells to cast
>>
I started it but was kinda fucked up by the drawing stuff and never finished it.
>>
>>330435620
yeah mostly, especially the hole elemts thing is really cliche, some twists i liked about it though, like the branching storyline and the reveal that leonards mother is a dragon
>>
>>330435869
what size did you draw the runes? that's something i always wondered, my brother used to draw them really small so he could make them faster, i always drew them over the hole screen, so the game would register them better
>>
I watched my nigger friend play this and thought the drawing was really cool.
>>
File: DS - Lost Magic - Runes.png (30 KB, 794x612) Image search: [Google]
DS - Lost Magic - Runes.png
30 KB, 794x612
>>330436047
Yeah, pretty big too because of the same reason. Drawing them small does actually work?
>>
>>330434036
THAT GAME IS FUCKING HARD THE CRAZY WIZARD BOSS WAS HARD AS FUCK
>>
The evil path gave me the biggest fucking boner as a kid
>>
>>330436410
which crazy wizard are you refering to? ^^
>>330436385
it did for him but not as good, i don't think drawinng them small is worth it it does save a little time occasionally but over all it takes more because the game doesn't recognize the runes very often
>>
>>330436643
Sage of the river or something he went crazy
>>
File: Frozen.png (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Frozen.png
115 KB, 640x480
>My get monsters killed online
>Dude tries to finish me of with faggot dance
>mfw I use tripe level one freeze and win
>>
>>330434036
I think I played it until I couldn't win by using either long range magic or suicide rush.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.