[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really loved the first Disgaea. Couldn't give a shit about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Pleinair_d3p.jpg (143 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Pleinair_d3p.jpg
143 KB, 480x480
I really loved the first Disgaea. Couldn't give a shit about autistic grinding, but the core gameplay was ok and I really enjoyed it's writing.

This is why I got disappointed by the second one since it kind of became what it previously made fun of.

With that in mind, are any of the games past 2 actually worth it?
>>
File: disgaea3-art1.jpg (102 KB, 889x1000) Image search: [Google]
disgaea3-art1.jpg
102 KB, 889x1000
I think the gameplay keeps improving.
But 3's story is bad. The main character is really unlikable - but at least it has Beryl.
4 was pretty good. Silly, but a much more engaging story.

Haven't played 5.
>>
>>330428923
5 has the worst main cast in the series
>>
>>330428803
>it kind of became what it previously made fun of.
No, it always was what it made fun of, you just looked past it. New game new perspective-the gameplay has improved significantly with each entry in the series.
>>
Loved 1 and 2, didn't care much for 3 or 4, but loved 5. Maybe it's the time between when I played 4 and 5 that made me enjoy 5 more.
>>
>>330428803
>became what it previously made fun of.
Then don't play 5, they play the edgy motherfucker there as straight as possible.

>>330428923
Don't be hatin on mah nigga Mao.
>>
>>330429448
>Don't be hatin on mah nigga Mao.
He was by far the least interesting character in that game.
Almaz or Beryl would make better protagonists. Hell, Salvatore would be better.
Mao was annoying and boring.
>>
>>330428803
So what kind of game is this? I see people recommending it for ps4. Is it worth it?
>>
File: 1509068.jpg (218 KB, 482x653) Image search: [Google]
1509068.jpg
218 KB, 482x653
It's funny you say that about 2 it's the one I like most in the series.

But as far writing goes. It varies from game to game.
>>
What about d2?

Can you guys give me tier lists for the games you've played?

What about that Bitch Witch game? I heard it yas great plot should I get it cheap for ps3 or wait for a ps4 re-release.

I guess I'm just craving NiS.
>>
4 and 5 are closer to Disgaea 1's writing than Disgaea 2.
In terms of story:
1 > 4 = 5 > D2 > 2 > 3

In terms of gameplay:

5 > D2 > 4 >2 >1 >3

Just skip Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, 5 and D2 are great.
>>
File: MetalliaCover.jpg (338 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
MetalliaCover.jpg
338 KB, 566x800
>>330430114
>Bitch Witch
The Witch and The Hundred Knight is one of NIS' best stories, the story is very long and engaging and the gameplay is a fun enough combination of exploration, boss fights and hack n slash to keep from getting boring. It shits on Disgaea in terms of story, honestly.

The PS4 version came out recently, I recommend it over the PS3 version due to improved gameplay, graphics and added content.
>>
>>330430114
>ps4 re-release.
That one.
Stay as FAR AWAY from the PS3-version as humanly possible.
>>
File: 33229222.jpg (300 KB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
33229222.jpg
300 KB, 740x1000
>>330430114
I haven't played but I hear it's good.

As far as my list goes. 2 > 1 > 4 I never really played 3. Or 5 for that matter.

>What about that Bitch Witch game? I heard it yas great plot should I get it cheap for ps3 or wait for a ps4 re-release.
You mean the witch and hundred knights? it's good the PS4 version is supposed to be even better.
>>
>>330430398
>the gameplay is a fun enough combination of exploration, boss fights and hack n slash to keep from getting boring

I found the gameplay to be pretty damn boring after a short while. It's very basic hach-and-slash.
But the story, characters and design kept me playing. I look forward to the sequel, but I doubt I'd ever want to replay the first game again.
>>
>>330430114
D2 story is shit, but it has the best gameplay until that
I have played all main Disgaea exept for 5
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.