[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Big Boss is nothing but a meme! Seriously Kojima?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: VenomSnake.jpg (76 KB, 1061x717) Image search: [Google]
VenomSnake.jpg
76 KB, 1061x717
>Big Boss is nothing but a meme!

Seriously Kojima?
>>
You're just jealous he said it first.
>>
>>330423385
Is Metal Gear the only game that refers to memes as their original concept?
>>
>>330423385
If you pay attention he's been saying that since MGS1
>>
>>330426806
Big Boss was more of an idea than an actual character.

In MGS1, Liquid was BB
In MGS2, Solidus was BB
In MGS4, Ocelot was BB and so on.
>>
>>330427158
I'm pretty sure Big Boss was the Big Boss during all those games
>>
>>330427393
He means "Big Boss" as in literally being the final boss of the game, the one whose fortress you infiltrate to destroy.
>>
>>330427158

What in the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>330427393
But the idea or "meme" of Big Boss and Outer Heaven is something multiple characters have tried to achieve, including Big Boss himself.
>>
>>330427465
All of them tried to emulate Big Boss, it's really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>330427158
This, everybody who somehow tried to follow the Boss will as BB saw it, was the Big Boss of their time.

Now Kojima passes the baton to us.
Game still dissapointed tough and I wanted to see Original BB going nuclear
>>
There is no body double
>>
>>330427158
That's what a meme is you fuck, an idea that gets passed around.
>>
>>330427465
I believe he's talking about the concept of the ultimate soldier.
Even in MGS2 - Raiden was the test subject to see if any soldier can be made into a Big Boss/Solid Snake tier soldier.
>>
Did anyone else notice that Venom Snake gets progressively more talkative as the game goes along?

He says almost nothing in the beginning, but as the story continues he actually slowly starts talking more and more.

I thought it was a neat touch. It was especially noticably with mission 51 that got cut.
>>
>>330429145
There's this great bit of characterization for Venom during the Nuclear Disarmement ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4uSkAACoHc

At 6:35.
>>
>>330427158
but i thought we were big boss
>>
>>330423385
Don't know why this surprises you. They've been saying that genes don't matter since the first MGS, when Solid "inferior" Snake beat Liquid "Superior" Snake.
>>
>>330427158
so Big Boss is a title awarded to power hungy idiots trying to realize the vision of someone they never understood, and the only person who realizes this vision never earns the title of big boss or even attains it in a metaphorical sense?

cool
>>
>>330429620
Well, you could argue that Solid Snake tried to become Big Boss in MGS2 with Philanthropy.
>>
anyone notice we never see venom and big boss in the same room

not even privately

that would have been a cool thing, there had to have been a reason they didnt do that
>>
>>330429890
To not compromise the brainwashing would be my guess. Kind of hard for you to believe you're guy A when guy A is staring right at you.
>>
>>330429890
GZ ending nigger.
>>
>>330430032
he's still the medic at that point
>>
>>330423385
After completing all of the prior Metal Gear games, Big Boss himself awards you with the title of Big Boss, as at this point you have truly surpassed his skill.
>>
>>330429890
The reason is that they are in fact the same person
>>
File: truth.png (300 KB, 1998x1554) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
300 KB, 1998x1554
We passed upon the stair,
We spoke of was and when,
Although I wasn't there,
He said I was his friend,
Which came as some surprise.
I spoke into his eyes,
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago.

Oh no, not me,
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world.

I laughed and shook his hand
And made my way back home,
I searched for form and land,
For years and years I roamed.
I gazed a gazley stare
At all the millions here:
We must have died alone,
A long long time ago.

Who knows? Not me,
We never lost control.
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world.
>>
>>330429890
You see them together in the motherbase photo.
>>
>>330430952
>That image

Some interesting theories but it's reaching hard as fuck honestly.
>>
>>330432697
I actually find the so-called truth we get to be just as retarded.
>"Oh by the way, we have to turn you into a completely different person! Relax."
>48 hours later
>"Your wounds have healed nicely! Are you a vampire?"
>>
>>330432841
Honestly I think it's pretty clear Kojima was being deliberately coy about it.

The Paz part adds some weight to the theory but if anything it just drives home the point of the ending even more. Venom Snake is Big Boss, and that Ishmael being real or not doesn't really matter. MGS is filled with that level of meta-nonsense.
>>
>>330423385
>Blood under his eyepatch
>But not ON his eyepatch

What ?
>>
File: Big Boss Venom Snake theory.png (44 KB, 450x499) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss Venom Snake theory.png
44 KB, 450x499
>>330430952

Better theory.
>>
>>330433278
What about the part that outright states that Snake kills Big Boss's decoy then goes on to kill Big Boss a few years later?
>>
>>330433436
Venom Snake had inside informations on how Solid Snake and Gray fox would be to ambush and capture them during mg1 and mgsv literally ends with big boss leaking the Operation Intrude N313 operation data to venom snake. They were working together, Solid Snake just happened to be a better soldier than Big Boss predicted and managed to defeat VS anyway
>>
>>330433538
I never said I believed it, just that stuff like Paz and how her cassette tapes that technically can't exist adds some weight to MGSV being filled with deliberate misinformation.

But again, I think Kojima put that in just to fuck with fans.
>>
>>330433374
shit you're right

maybe he's no wearing an eyepatch
>>
>>330433743

Why wouldn't BB send a less competent soldier then? Why send Fox?
>>
>>330433374
Nanoparasites
>>
>>330434168
Either Gray Fox was in on it (seeing how he sides with big boss during mg2) and let himself get captured, or big boss sent a good soldier to avoid making the patriots suspicious but lured him in a trap (seeing how he gave fake informations to Solid Snake as well, but snake ignored them), Gray Fox believed him and got captured that way.
In any case, Venom Snake does have data on solid snake's mission so big boss is obviously leaking it to him, not to mention bb costantly tries to fuck solid by giving him wrong informations over the radio. It's obvious he wanted ss to fail
>>
>>330433374
His empty eye socket got triggered, shitlad
>>
>>330429145

I don't remember him saying shit. Even when he's face-to-face with WHOOOO it's just a dull-ass monologue instead of an exchange of ideas.
>>
>>330423385
How about full of shit, is that a meme?
>>
So wait... In the tapes, Zero asks which Snake is the real Big Boss in the hospital, implying they're both still in a coma and Venom has already had surgery. But in the opening, Venom gets the surgery after he comes to and real BB tells him he's been watching over him for 9 years.
>>
>>330435641
>and real BB tells him
Implying...
>>
>>330435641
the only other possibility is both their faces were covered like Ishmael's to protect their identities
>>
>>330435393
MGSV quite blatantly established that Big Boss is a meme Anon.
>>
File: monsoon.webm (403 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.webm
403 KB, 800x600
>>330435393
Technically yes, a common phrase like that is a meme.
>>
File: version 3.0.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
version 3.0.jpg
552 KB, 1920x1080
Say it, for old times' sake...
>>
>>330435641
We have this post every day. Their faces were bandaged.
>>
>>330436339
>THIS IS THE ENEMY
>AND HE*S ON HIS KNEES

Man, the dialogue was spotty at times, but holy fuck Miller killed it in MGSV.
>>
>>330436524
Miller and huey knocked it out of the fucking park. Keifer was good whenever they allowed him to speak. Skullface, codetalker and ocelot were just nothing however.
>>
>>330436524
usually when /v/ repeats vidya lines they are okayish at best, but holy fuck his whole delivery during that scene is fucking amazing. he's absolutely feral. it's so goddamn good.

really wish the rest of the game had the passion and energy from kaz's VA, because holy shit the game needed some fire.
>>
File: 1402871912637.jpg (41 KB, 635x473) Image search: [Google]
1402871912637.jpg
41 KB, 635x473
>There are people on /v/ right now at this very moment that only know the internet definition of the word "meme".
>>
>>330437014
The non-internet definition of the word meme is just a meme
>>
>>330426590
Yup
And the intention is lost because when people see it they go LOL MEMES xDDD

Interpretations (both good and terrible) are also part of Metal Gear also
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.