[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people defend GTA V castrating every good feature from GTA IV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 1453923825569.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453923825569.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Why do people defend GTA V castrating every good feature from GTA IV?
>>
>>330415061
You might as well complain that IV is shit because you can't slide over cover or car hoods.

IV had segments where you had to climb shit and psuedo-parkour because New York. V doesn't. The mechanics are built around the story/missions.

I bet you're the kind of guy that says GTA SA is shitty because the property missions and shit are nothing like Vice City - where the game revolved around that shit.
>>
>>330415061
As a long time gta fan, starting from playing 1. 4 is my least favourite, though I am not saying it is bad.
I love the density of the city, I liked the on street parking even know your cars would go missing.
I just think it is the weakest in gameplay.
Also they took out so many wacky features from SA, they didn't even have spank, I used to love going on a slo mo spank killing spree
>>
>>330415061
>walk up to some pedestrians, minding my own business
>they start punching the shit out of me for no reason
>sames just shoot me on the spot if I stand near them
GTA V is a joke game.
>>
File: 1455307669341.jpg (100 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1455307669341.jpg
100 KB, 500x286
>>330415978
>cops just shoot me on the spot if I do the same
my b
>>
People over 12 still play gta?
>>
Too bad there's still more verticality in GTA V

But by all means, continue your Zelda cycle shitposting. FFS you can't even mod your car in IV, that's inexcusable.
>>
>>330415348
/thread
>>
I have seen that before. I don't know why it isn't included in V, but I never did that parkour shit anyway.
>>
>>330415061
It's realism dude
>>
I just want bowling and pool damn it! Why did they think arm wrestling and tennis would be fun?
>>
File: fucking_cops.webm (3 MB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
fucking_cops.webm
3 MB, 1152x720
>>330415978
>>
>>330416062
stop being black
>>
forget the technical shit

4 has a much better story with better characters. I'm near the end of 5 and it feels like a chore having to hear trevor being a hypocrite SJW faggot and the missions suck.
>>
I FUCKING HATE THIS FUCKING GAME.

GTA 5 IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR YOU GREEDY JEWS. YOU RUINED A BEAUTIFUL THING.
>>
>>330415978
>exaggerating to enforce your shitty opinion

Wowee anon. You can watch/listen to peds from a distance, hide behind something too to get closer. But the second you get too close and hang around like a fucking creep, they retaliate (depending on the ped too? so thugs will get physical, and LA soccer mom bitches will call the cops)

So now peds actually reacting accordingly and noticing that the player actually exists is bad? As opposed to IV where you can hang around like a ghost?

Thank god you were born in this century anon. If you were around a few thousand years ago we would probably still be living in caves.
>>
>>330416795
>4 has a much better story with better characters
Niko "I am just wantings to be done wit all dis bloodsheds" Bellic, with his "I fucking kill everybody my cousin tells me to" attitude.
>>
File: 1448669700698.jpg (127 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1448669700698.jpg
127 KB, 473x500
>>330416940
>But the second you get too close and hang around like a fucking creep
ie. stand next to them at the traffic light
ie. wait at a bus stop
>>
>>330416739

Like how hard would it be to program some decent cops for once. All of the games are like this, stand next to some guy and he gets mad and swings on you. Cop stands there, hit the guy back, get 1 star cop comes after you and they both beat your ass.
>>
>>330417130
The difficulty he had with being a murdering psycho was believable. I really don't give a shit what happens with any of the people in 5 they are such caricatures
>>
Does this have online yet?
>>
>>330417353
>doing things that the game wasn't designed around like an autist
>the game can't tell the difference between you being a faggot, or doing what 99% of what everyone else does

Did you blow your top when the cars in IV drove around you when you tried to obey the traffic laws too?
>>
>>330415348
Pretty much this, and the chase moments were fucking boring filler too so it's a wonder why their gone now.
>>
>>330417472
which is how it's supposed to be, Niko was in the wrong genre. He wasn't actually a man trying to get better if he's in GTA. They did it wrong.
I liked Luis better, and the one fag who was in a gang. Johnny?
>>
Anyone have the WEBM of the cops in GTA IV negotiating you to put down your weapon if you aim it at them without shooting, and in GTA V they just shoot you on the spot?
>>
>>330417548
>Did you blow your top when the cars in IV drove around you when you tried to obey the traffic laws too?
no, because I was too busy enjoying the superior car physics and damage models
>>
>>330415061
what good features? it literally took 3 and gimped it. V took every worthwhile feature from SA. but you're going to continue being bitter for no reason. your life I guess. have fun hating something. :)
>>
>>330417426

You do know this game is based on satire right?

The cops are supposed to be dumb assholes.
>>
>>330417775
>no, because I was too busy enjoying the superior car physics and damage models
You'd have even more fun NOT RUINING GRAND THEFT FUCKING AUTO and playing a racing simulator. You want to get down and into realism? Go get a boner while looking at cocks.
>>
>>330418019
boosh, looks like I destroyed you with my wits in this argument so hard, that you had to resort to calling me gay
good fight sir but your debating skills need work
>>
>>330415061
Wow does the animation for jumping higher/latching on to things look lazy in gta4.
>>
>>330418149
If you're too busy enjoying the interior models and the glacier sliding, then you would actually be doing it.
but you're not, you're on /v/. which btw stands for gta /v/.

Grand Theft Auto has never been about realism or simulation, it has been about arcade style pick it up and play it gameplay.

You can prefer IV all you want, but it's the bastard child of "trying to be accurate" GTA and "horrendously inaccurate" racing sim.
>>
>>330417912
the horrible AI works with the game's satire, but we know it's just laziness.
>>
>>330418330
Literally 14 years old, jesus christ buddy
>>
File: 1453895221482.jpg (52 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1453895221482.jpg
52 KB, 720x480
>>330418330
you're right, I concede
I didn't even like GTA IV and never played GTA V
but you have schooled this fool
>>
>>330415061
Niko Bellic fought in the Bosnian wars, has military training.

Franklin is just some hood nigga.
>>
>>330415061
i didnt like gta iv
>>
>switch to franklin
>lol los santos traffic dayuuuum
>its just 5 cars who have boxed only franklin in and the other side of the freeway is completely empty
>>
>>330416739
to be honest, that's a security van guard. they have different AI from regular cops.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 530x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 530x278
>Playing as a dangerous criminal that doesn't obey the law
>Blow up someone's car
>"Bad Sport! Be have yourself, or else..."
>You pay insurance

Since when would a criminal that doesn't get wanted by the police after avoiding them have to pay insurance?
>>
>can't have any fun in multiplayer without grinding and paying for virtual money
It's not even "fun with friends" because we run out of shit to do in an hour.
>>
GTa v is so fucking terrible for modding and even more fucking terrible in graphics mod
I mean what kind of fucking game when you add graphics mod it looks worse
Or GTA v graphics are perfect so that's why graphics mods looks shit on it ?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.