[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lords of the Fallen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Can we agree that it's an okay game worth one playthrough at least, where it's only sins is a small world, weird story and that it's quite short compared to Souls?

I loved the gameplay elements in the game and I would love for them to make a sequel and improve on the minor things it did wrong.

Solid 7/10 for me, had really fun on my playthrough.
>>
>>330414714
I never played it because of the shitty warhammerish art style.
>>
Better game than Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>330414714
>no character creation
>space marine only
>constant cutscenes
>enemies have worse tracking than dark souls 2
>>
I like it but I can't finish it, for some reason I can git gud at it. I thought it was supposed to be easier than DaS but it's the opposite of that, it's way harder for me.
>>
What I like about it that Souls doesn't have is armour actually mattering.

If heavy armour in Souls allows you to survive one more hit, it lets you survive at least 8-10 more in LotF.

Some would say that it makes the game too easy, but I always found it stupid that it doesn't matter much in souls if you cover up in rags or the finest material for defence.
>>
Crazy, I just finished this game an hour or so ago. NG+ is a fucking breeze.
>>
>>330415326
After the Infiltrator boss the game gets easy as fuck. Even the last boss, with all the artificial difficulty, is a cakewalk
>>
Oh God, the hit detection in this game is something else. You faggots whine about DaS2 constantly, but this shit is on another level.

And fucking shaky cam. What the fuck?

5/10, don't pay more than ten bucks for it (and that's a stretch).
>>
The studio who made it are now working on another "Dark Souls clone" but this time it's got a futuristic sci-fi setting. Mite b cool
>>
>>330416030
Yeah, the German contingent are working on Sci-Fi Souls and the Poles are working on LotF 2.
>>
>>330416030

Aren't they working on LotF2 as well?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-29-lords-of-the-fallen-2-will-launch-in-2017
>>
clunky souls
>>
>>330415326
I beat it but I feel it got hard only because the hit boxes were really shitty sometimes.
>>
File: 1456768805066.jpg (56 KB, 533x515) Image search: [Google]
1456768805066.jpg
56 KB, 533x515
>>330414714
It was fucking garbage.
>>
>playing game
>clunky shitty clone of Souls
>get to CHAD WARDEN boss
>does this gay as fuck dance
>die laughing
>uninstall
>>
It has a lot of problems. Even without the Souls comparison, it's still a game with a lot of problems.

The way combat generally works... doesn't work. For how cumbersome the fighting is, countering certain enemies just amounts to repeating the same move over a minute or two. The art style is terrible, and so western it's painful. Especially on PC, it's so unstable it barely even functions anyway.

With Souls existing and basically being the only reason this shitty game exists, it's a 3/10 game. Ignoring that, it's 5/10, 6 at most.
>>
game was decent

certainly better that dark shit, but im not into that kinda stuff so yeah
>>
>>330414714
I'd give it a 7/10 as well.
Only issue I really had is that a lot of the armor was all very edgelordish. I would of preferred more Desu Vulting. I guess the whole game you actually do enter a Deus Vult stage I actually did like the story line. And have no problem with my character being a space marine, much better than being some sort of pussy ass bitch.

Look forward to the next souls type game they throw at us.
>>
>>330419428
>Look forward to the next souls type game they throw at us.
Did it even sell well enough to warrant a sequel?
>>
>>330420665

Yes. LotF2 is already in the works.
>>
>>330420665
Yep, despite being pretty average, it actually sold pretty well for what's basically a low budget Souls clone (About a million copies across three platforms within six months).

A sequel is due next year from the Polish half of the devs, with the Germans working on a Sci-fi Souls knockoff called "The Surge".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vULGdh1ecU4
>>
>>330414950
This
>>
File: 1399325644305.jpg (70 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1399325644305.jpg
70 KB, 600x700
Completed the game 6 times, two different chars on NG++.
It isn't bad at all, i really enjoyed it, but there are some evident flaws that cannot be hidden not even under a ton of fucking cement.
>monsters are streamlined, no point into specializing if you can oneshot everything
>magic is absolutely worthless, the only thing you will use is the decoy distraction, everything else is literally pointless
>no ranged, this means meleeing everything to death
>retarded armor designs, BUFF SPACE MARINE HOLY SHIT MY FAITH IS MY SHIELD MY FURY IS MY SWORD, scrawny BUFF thief who's faster than a fucking ninja even whnen clearly weighting 200++ pounds or lolcloth wearing BUFF wizard who dies on one hit and is literally pointless
>resistances are EVERYTHING, you are virtually nothing against everyone if they have any small bit of fucking magic\fire\poison damage, oh you want to kill these two bosses at the same time? i hope you stockpiled fire res or you will die in one hit
>the most fucking retarded consumables EVER conceived for a videogame
>the dlc boss is the most artificial difficulty bullshit in any souls-like games
>voiced protagonist which interacts with flat-as-fucking-paper npcs, like the woman
>hideous artstyle, especially the bosses, ironically enough the cool boss isn't even an enemy\you don't even fight it
And last of all, the reason that made me fucking rage rather hard.
>the game is literally a lane-rpg, you can't fucking explore at all since the maps are either too small or you need something first, either it be a special fucking key unlocked at the very end of the game, like 10mins before the last boss or you don't have enough res to counter X enemy that proceeds to oneshot you
I enjoyed it, tho.
It was fun.
Dark Souls is miles ahead tho.
>>
Unpopular opinion but I actually liked LotF more than DS2. I enjoyed the slow heavy feeling of the combat, and the art style didn't bother me. There's still plenty of issues I had with it. Overall it had a very confusing level design which made finding the next area irritating. Protagonist was lame, and the story was completely forgettable.
TL;DR, game was aight, a sequel could really be something special
>>
>shitty combat
>shitty artstyle
>shitty story
>shitty dialogue
>shitty environment
>shitty enemies
>shitty pre-made bald fuck as a character

You forgot a few points OP, I guess the graphics were ok though.
>>
After being spoiled by DaS having unique moves for every weapon. When I found out that all the weapons in a class have the same moves in LotF. Thats when I started to think the game was crap. Also that retarded as fuck heavy breathing audio after running or using up a bunch of stamina was so annoying.
>>
>>330420940
Looks like Space Marine with far less enemies.
>>
>>330414714
>Runs like ass
>story kinda meh
>World building falls short after playing Dark Souls
On the plus side
>fighting feels allright, pretty heavy when going heavy weapons
>weapons and armor look awesome and very detailed

I'd rate it a 6/10, it was a good effort.
>>
>>330426418
>>weapons and armor look awesome and very detailed
>that painfully generic wow-clone style
>awesome
>>
>>330426574
Better than Dark Souls, where half the armor looks the same.
Dont give me that "realistic look" bullshit, I want armore to look over the top and awesome.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.