[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomb Raider Reboot is Next Gen Heart of Darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: heart of darkness tomb raider.png (3 MB, 3000x1080) Image search: [Google]
heart of darkness tomb raider.png
3 MB, 3000x1080
>traversing through unknown lands via running, jumping, swimming, and climbing
>puzzle and shooting segments
>gruesome deaths

Don't you think Heart of Darkness would play vaguely similar if it transitioned to 3D?

>inb4 shitposting about tomb raider reboot
We're here to talk about Heart of Darkness, folks.
>>
In anything other than low-fi PS1 graphics, Heart of Darkness would be too fucking brutal for anything other than an M rating.

That said, I'd love a proper remake/spiritual successor
>>
>>330406935

heart of darkness was fucking great
>>
>>330407691
I'm surprised the game got an E rating, A FUCKING E RATING. Did ESRB even play the game?
>>
i've seen this exact thread before, what are you shilling? tomb raider or new heart of darkness game?
>>
>>330407691
There was no blood or visible gore. Torn apart like a doll.
>>
>>330408173
The latter.
>>
File: ..png (5 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
..png
5 KB, 178x178
Would Heart of Darkness have a completely different tone if the protagonist was female?
>>
>>330408618
Girl trying to save her pet from shadows and dying a lot?
Not really.
>>
>>330408237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyZfME5XYY

>3:55 Basic Shadow 1
>4:15 Shadow Captain 1

Are you sure?
>>
>>330409124
Notice how things are only shown being torn off that match the color of his clothes. Snapping of the bones, stretching out and being eaten are cartoon violence the way depicted.
>>
You are beyond full of shit, shill.

Cut the fucking act. My nostalgia is not that easily preyed upon.
>>
>>330409736
I ain't telling no one to buy Tomb Raider, you faggot. I just don't want anyone derailing the thread with fucktons of
>lol tomb raider reboot is shit
like what always happens. I just want to talk about Heart of Darkness, and playing Tomb Raider just makes me think about how I miss Heart of Darkness.
>>
>>330408618
I'd be fapping way more than I already am.
>>
>>330406935
>platforming through levels the character had never visited before
>mixed genres
>unnecessarily graphic deaths
Can you blanket a bit more more to make them fall in the same subset? You should include, for example, that both main character have 2 legs but 4 total limbs.
>>
>>330414189
(You)
>>
File: 764.jpg (43 KB, 698x422) Image search: [Google]
764.jpg
43 KB, 698x422
>>330414308
I rest my case.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.