[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Don't play TP anon, it sucks." >play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: tpba.jpg (265 KB, 480x686) Image search: [Google]
tpba.jpg
265 KB, 480x686
>"Don't play TP anon, it sucks."
>play it
>have a good time

Why did you guys lie to me?
>>
>>330406627
If /v/ says it's dogshit, then it's mediocre or good
>>
>>330406738
Why does /v/ do that?

Just post lies over the internet?
>>
>>330406627
>>"Don't play TP anon, it sucks."
Said no one ever. We advised against buying the overpriced port because emulation is free and fine.
>>
>>330406961
/v/ is the angry shitposting board.
>>
>>330407076
The port changes some elements, albeit minor from what I know.
>>
>>330407076
>the overpriced port

That's not true though. It cost less than Hyrule Warriors on release and that's with the Amiibo and soundtrack.
>>
>>330407168
Extremely small things. The only tangible thing it offers is what the new gamepad offers and that isn't worth all that money when the game had no problems before. Aside from being one of the worst 3D Zeldas.

>>330407228
That game isn't a port.
>>
>>330407735
So? your argument was high cost. Which it isn't.
>>
>>330408003
It's overpriced and there's no argument against that.

>one 10 year old game with minimal improvements that also has DLC
>full priced

Most remasters come with several games and are $30.
>>
>>330408106
The value of the product is entirely dependent on what the consumer is willing to pay. I agree that remasters exist at better value, and personally I'll be getting TPHD at a discount, but if zelda fans want to pay the somewhat steep price then that's their business.
>>
>>330408492
They spent less on it than many much better remasters and are charging more. And added DLC.

It is objectively overpriced.
>>
>>330408106
Well, yes there is anon because it's not over priced as it's cheaper than most games, including those "remasters" you're talking about. And complete texture and in places 3D model changes with a list of gameplay improvements is hardly minimal not to mention it's got some kind of integration in place for Zelda U.
>>
>>330408670
>It is objectively [subjective term]
>>
>>330408709
>including those "remasters" you're talking about
But that's not true.

The game doesn't completely overhaul textures or models and there are no gameplay improvements.

>bringing up a physical DLC gimmick as a pro

>>330408923
>price is subjective
Are you retarded?
>>
you are, in fact, NOT having fun. Thank you for letting us clear this up for you.
>>
>>330409070
>The game doesn't completely overhaul textures or models and there are no gameplay improvements.

Oh you could have said that you're just randomly shitposting, it would have saved time. Enjoy your night anon.
>>
>>330409239
It doesn't though. Much of the game is still using default textures and only some models were improved and yet they're still low poly.
>>
>>330409070
Price isn't subjective but value is. There's a difference. Last (You) I can be bothered with since yout shitposting game is weak.
>>
File: 1420059360979.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420059360979.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>330409465
>Much of the game is still using default textures
>>
>>330409527
At least you admit you were wrong.

>>330409618
This guy hasn't yet. I bet you think they're all HD too, don't you?
>>
>>330406627
>listening to /v/
>ever
These fuckers hate everything, including great games like this one. You can only blame yourself.
>>
Because some people get upset at the game's first 3 hours, out of a 50-60 hour game. Personally, I love the hell out of the game but while it is a bit slow the hate for the game's intro has always staggered me. I've never thought it was that insufferable.
>>
>/v/ is one person
EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>330406627
I'm in Europe so should I buy it with or without the amiibo?

It's roughly $20 more for the amiibo/soundtrack bundle (also what's actually on that soundtrack? Is it worth anything?)
>>
>>330410202
It's called world building. But what did you expect? most of /v/ consists of little kids with ADHD.
>>
>>330410254
Buy what you're comfortable with. I will say if you have doubts about which version to get it sounds like you would be happier with the standard version.
>>
>>330410246

Because most of the time people who frequent /v/ share shitty opinions. Get over it.

As for TP, without /v/'s influence I played it. Hated it. Insultingly easy with embarrassingly easy bosses.

Midna's ass is the only good thing to come from this game.
>>
>>330410254
Pirate it all for free.
>>
>>330410254

Does Cave of Ordeals: Wolf Link edition, the ability to quick load your file, and whatever the fuck it'll do for Zelda U sound like it's worth $20?
>>
>>330406627
Well whatever you do don't replay it or you'll start to hate it
I used to hate ww but I grew to appreciate it more with each sunsequent playthrough
TP was the exact opposite
>>
>>330410450
>Insultingly easy with embarrassingly easy bosses.

All the Zelda games are like this though. I've yet to play one that actually gets me stuck or defeated for any length of time.
>>
>>330410605
>whatever the fuck it'll do for Zelda U
I really want to know what it'll do, as well as if it'll get a standalone release.
>>
>>330410450
>Because most of the time people who frequent /v/ share shitty opinions. Get over it.

How wrong could you be? Kill yourself immediately
>>
>>330410450

>Insultingly easy

That's my biggest problem with the game too but HD's Hero Mode with the Ganondorf amiibo goes a surprising way in fixing that. Doesn't touch up the AI any but it makes taking a hit matter, and I feel TP's lack of difficulty came more from health basically being negligible rather than any real design fault on the game's part.
>>
>>330410731

Zelda II? I mean, it's possible to not get stuck on it but that shit's pretty clearly "NES hard".
>>
>>330410876
You forgot your ™.

>$Always Take Damage From Falls (brkirch)
>$Link Takes Major Damage For Everything (Twilight Spectre)
>$Enemy Health x10 (brkirch)
Hero mode is for casuals.
>>
File: 1454680520791.jpg (21 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1454680520791.jpg
21 KB, 200x243
>>330406627

It's actually my 2nd favorite mainline zelda game and I'm a 30 yr old man that started with the original Zelda on NES. It is a very rough game, with failed ideas and bad design decisions but it did the most of any zelda since Ocarina of time to advance the series.

A lot of Twilight Princess' content has now become core to modern zelda games, and you see it in Skyward Sword, Link Between worlds etc.

>Link to the Past = Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess = Majora's mask > Original Zelda > Wind Waker > Skyward Sword > Zelda 2.

From now till forever, this is the truth.
>>
>>330411132

>Hero Mode is for casuals

That doesn't make sense when it doubles damage and takes away heart drops. It's not all the series needs but it helps considerably in de-easying Zelda.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.