[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>was once a legend in the video game industry >now hardly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: gaben.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gaben.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>was once a legend in the video game industry
>now hardly anyone cares about him aside from the occasional meme spouter who goes "LE HALF-LIFE 3 CONFRIMED!!!" despite having never played a Valve game
What happened?
>>
>>330404948
>What happened?
He didn't deliver, became massively greedy and is an asshole to people without reason because of his position and he is a ponyfag.
>>
>>330404948
Valve stopped making games.
>>
He seriously needs to lose weight. He looks terrible.
>>
>>330405226

/thread

Sad but trurteutueiueri
>>
>>330404948
Gabe decided to remove the power that Microsoft has over the PC gaming industry allowing him to deliver the kinds of gaming experiences he wants to everyone on his time schedule instead of allowing a console company to dictate what platforms and what features PC games can support.

A side effect of this is that for the last several years Valve has been focused on building game infrastructure (OS, APIs, Engines) instead of games themselves.

This has made Microsoft feel threatened in a way that they haven't in years. Enough to employ astroturfing campaigns against Gabe. But any headway they might have gained vs Valve was wrecked when they tipped their hand of locking the PC industry to them even more with UWP which has made more devs wake up to what's really going on.

The upside is that when Valve's next batch of games do arrive they won't require any sort of forced upgrade in order to use your GPU to its full potential.
>>
God looked at his creation and saw that it was full of corruption and sin. They were greedy and did not know what to do with the bounty the Lord had given them. So he left and ascended to another realm. a realm where he could reconstruct the machines that made the universe tick and tock. And the people below were angry at the Lord's disappearance and renounced his name and deeds. The Lord's everlasting patience and understanding allowed him to continue his work for the his creation. the creation he knew despised him
>>
>>330404948
Has anyone ever told him to stop fuckin smiling? It makes the picture worse. Like, I get it dude. You're a fat fuck who doesn't take care of himself. Smiling's just the shit icing on the cake with a face like that.

Don't act like you never thought the same. I bet employees at valve do the "gaybe face" where they squint and increase their body fat 20%. How much power does he have over these people?
>>
Gamers are ass. We won't be making games for them anymore.

While we're at it, we will shove a lot of unnecessary shit on Steam
>>
>>330405226

>Money is magic -Gabe newell
>>
>>330408251
Best business strategy so far for Microsoft
>>
His company can make giants piles of money just selling hats and games other peiple do.
They have a vig chunk of the PC market so they don't need to make games and they think they can do whatever they want to their costumers.
For example: why the hell doesn't Steam allow you to download the games so you can play without logging into Steam like GoG? Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>330408347
Who is your favorite mone? Mine is the Euro.
>>
>>330408650
Isn't it a bit too early for you to be awake europoor?
>>
does anyone else realize how fugly gabe newell is
>>
>>330408742
DELETE THIS! *bangs head on desk* DELETE THIS!
>>
That's what happens when you monopolize the digital distribution market for videogames. Valve can do whatever shitty practice they want (like their ridiculous restrictions on refunds) and no one can do anything about it.
>>
>>330409004
they certainly got their shit pushed in when they tried to instill paid mods onto us
>>
>>330409408
Only because of how massive The Elder Scrolls and Fallout communities are.

There aren't enough people who realize of care enough about how bad the refund system is to give them that kind of backlash.
>>
>what happened?

Valve stopped being a video game developer and started being a video game distributor.
>>
>>330410326
The refund system is still abusable though. I was able to beat superhot in under 2 hours and get all my money back.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.