[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get real though; where would console gaming REALLY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: OG Xbox.jpg (2 MB, 4080x2460) Image search: [Google]
OG Xbox.jpg
2 MB, 4080x2460
Let's get real though; where would console gaming REALLY be without this thing?
>>
You forgot to capitalize ''thing''.
>>
A lot worse off, this thing pushed online gaming, hard drives, and power to the forefront. So many good games came out on this thing and ran at phenomenal framerates unlike the PS2 and GC which had tons of games that ran like SHIT.
>>
>>330400576
Well it had the best hardware and multiplats of that gen, but also introduced paid online.

We'd be better off without it I think
>>
I jumped on for Halo and stuff but never went online, what did I miss?
>>
>>330400724

>but also introduced paid online.

You seem to be forgetting that online gaming with consoles was barely a thing before it existed. And even then, you seem to forget that MMOs were charging monthly fees to play a single game online for years before the Xbox was conceived.
>>
>>330400645
>THING

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>330400814
a lot of good times
>>
>>330400724
>We'd be better off without it I think
Think you forget how entirely shit online console gaming was before the xbox, and still during the xbox while PS2 learned their lesson.

Too bad Nintendo still hasn't.
>>
>>330401329
Who raped you as a baby?
Why everybody here in /v/ talks like they have anger issues all the time?
>>
>>330400576
With the exception of Ninja Gaiden probably not being half as good as it was, we wouldn't have had Halo shitting up an entire genre for generations to come.
>>
>>330403561
I'd take the free and functional (albeit almost featureless) current Nintendo online over subscription online with questionable uptimes any day.
>>
>>330400576
It's a great console, but now it's just sad what microshit is putting out.
>>
>>330403930
Nintendium ran out a while ago.
It is all about seeing who can sell the cheapest garbage at the most overpriced number.
>>
>>330403870
It wasn't functional though.
>>
File: evox-dash.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
evox-dash.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
>tfw you pirated on console
I fucking loved/love my xbox so much. Have that shit hooked up under my desk right now and stiill play some games on it
>>
>>330404162
In what way?
>>
>>330401328
>Comparing MMOs to P2P console games
>>
>>330400576
We would likely have Banjo Threeie.
>>
>>330400576
>paid online
>barely any good exclusives
>only worth owning if you didn't have a PC

It's shit.
>>
>>330400576
Console gaming? Probably still regarded properly as cheap devices good for Japanese games but not worth much for western developers.

More interesting would be where would PC gaming be if Microsoft had never snatched up PC developers with diverse libraries of titles and converted them into single-title console devs.

The only real interesting question I can come up with regarding the original Xbox is What if instead of trying to stop people from hacking it to run XBMC or to run emulators Microsoft had instead officially made the Xbox an open platform and maintained that freedom to the present?
>>
>>330404502
yooka laylee is the only shit you will get.
>>
>>330400576
It was the best console of its generation. Proof me wrong. Too bad Microsoft fucked up the Xbox brand. It had so much promise.
>>
>>330400724
Wasn't Microsoft the first to do timed exclusives and all that?
>>
>>330404621
Maybe best hardware, but the gamecube had a better controller and was dirt cheap, and the PS2 had about 10 times as many good games.
>>
>>330404745
Was that the best console gen? It had to be. Best controller, a fantastic library, groundbreaking features.
>>
Other than giving online multiplayer a boost and offering some gems in the racing/driving genre, it didn't do anything good for console gaming as far as I'm concerned.

>>330404581
>good for Japanese games but not worth much for western developers.
Sounds great, most western devs are a blight on the industry.
>>
>>330403870
Congratulations, you're a minority
>>
>>330405480
...okay?
>>
>>330403729
Neckbeard virgin rage, mostly. I used to be like them, and then I had sex.
>>
>>330405585
Heh.
So they literally have to get laid?
I got laid with a dog, I guess it is true. I am in beaner country btw, before you DELETE THIS
>>
>>330400645
Then he would be referring to the power supply not the game console
>>
Is there that the original Xbox games that are with clasifiación E for everyone?
>>
File: 1340910615736.jpg (646 KB, 1280x1520) Image search: [Google]
1340910615736.jpg
646 KB, 1280x1520
Dunno about the Xbox HUEG but PS3 was planning to use 2 CPU's & 256MB's of RAM split (half & half for RAM & VRAM) aka a complete piece of shit

Epic games talked Microsoft into buffing up the Xbox 360, using a high end GPU with unified shaders & 512MB's of unified RAM, Microsoft forced Sony to step up their game

Imagine how even more shitty Gen 7 would have been if PS3 shipped so underpowered, i think some devs would have just killed themselves
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.