[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Black and White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: season14_logo_169_en.jpg (59 KB, 588x331) Image search: [Google]
season14_logo_169_en.jpg
59 KB, 588x331
What's your opinion on these games?

I played Black for about 6 hours and got bored and never touched it again as the environments (deserts etc) as well as the pokemon felt lazy.

What about you /v/?
>>
>>330395174
could've been worse
>>
Love them, specially BW2
in the top 3 pokemon gens for sure
>>
BW2 are the best mainline games together with Platinum.
>>
They introduced 150 new pokemon, of course some of them were uninspired. There were some fucking awesome ones too, though.

Gen 5 was pretty good. Nothing amazing. but solid all-around.
>>
>>330397109
together with SS/HG you mean
>>
>>330395174
I've played Pokemon since Yellow and Gen 5 was and still are my favorite games. Gen 6 was a huge disappointment in comparison besides the graphics, which weren't a big deal to me anyway because I loved the sprites anyway.
>>
vending machines EVERYWHERE
>>
>>330395174

Black/White is in the top rung of Pokemon games alongside Platinum. 150 new mons with the lowest amount of absolute garbage mons, a great story, some of the franchise's best designs, and a region that was diverse and comfy as fuck. The best feature had to be the region lock since it kept players from falling back into tradition and actually experimenting with the new crop.

Too bad B2/W2 had to go and cave into fans demanding more of the old, less of the new.
>>
File: 1421564563796.png (807 KB, 538x759) Image search: [Google]
1421564563796.png
807 KB, 538x759
B/W 2 are incredible, tons of postgame, love the artstyle, music is incredible, story is nice and the advancements from bw are neat.
>>
Freshest gen. Loved being forced to use new Pokémon. Really enjoyed the bigger focus on character interaction. Unova is really fun to explore, the addition of seasons was pretty nice. It streamlined the EXP system in a really good way, leveling up no longer took ages but it wasn't so broken like the EXP share in Gen 6 that you would quickly become overleveled. Also love how much they spruced up the battles, HP reduces quickly, attacks happen fast, Pokémon have additional animations and the camera is more active. The sound direction for both the music and SFX is wonderful. There are also little details like being able to have multiple key items registered for quick select. The direct sequel approach was pretty interesting too. Honestly it's my favorite generation, and I've been playing since the first.
>>
>>330397109
What makes them so good though besides the postgame?
>>
BW1 is lacking in content and forces the story on you too much which isn't really much better than the usual Pokemon story. It's one of the ones I like the least, though it's not terrible. But I don't really feel any Pokemon game is outright so.

BW2 is fucking ace with a huge region, said region being given a lot more character to it than it did in BW1, tons of side content, plenty of little details and polish, and the second highest amount of Pokemon to encounter in a regional dex. The only real downfall in comparison to BW1 is the story is worse, and some people are bothered by the inclusion of old Pokemon but I only ever use the Pokemon introduced in a generation anyways. Personally my favorite Pokemon game.
>>
>>330395174
Best gen so far. All i give a shit about is new pokemon and it had the most. tons of good ones in there.

It also had the best music too, and it wasnt piss easy like gen 6 games.
>>
>>330397787
I still like the 5th geb sprites more than the 6th gen 3d "sprites". The 5th gen sprites animations have more personality to it and the colors pop out more.
>>
>>330397283

I swear Johtofags have nostalgia goggles screwed into their heads. HG/SS was a massive step down from the advancements of Platinum since they did nothing to fix how busted the Exp. Curve from Gen II was. It had great setpieces, I'll give you that, but the game between those setpieces was a goddamn chore.
>>
>>330395174
Favorite generation.
BW was great, and B2W2 was better.
>>
>>330397926
I kind of wish that the next games would have been a sequel to XY so that gamefreak could have created another BW2. It seems like gamefreak has no time to add extra content or a good postgame to their games anymore. Maybe they would have finally had time for it if they reused a lot of assets?
>>
Post 5th generation pokemon went to shit with that EV's and breed and competitive shit. Ill stay with my based 4th generation
>>
File: Volcarona.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Volcarona.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>330395174
One of the gens that give bug types some love
>>
>>330398070
I know what you mean. The gen 5 animations really remind me of how the Pokémon would move in the Stadium games. They just seem a lot more lively. In gen 6 on the other hand, they are really stiff looking. Most of the Pokémon poses and animations are rather plain. The presentation in gen 6 overall leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>330398070
As much as I love Gen 5, the sprites were awful. It was clear they were going into 3D kicking and screaming, because all the sprites looked fucked because they wanted them to move.
>>
Good gameplay mechanics, but I felt like it held your hand too much.

>oh there's a flying gym next? better put an electric cave near it?
>oh there's an electric gym next? better put a desert full of ground pokemon near it
>oh there's a dragon gym next? better put an ice cave/dragon tower near it?

Then the anime was completely fucking terrible, even for Pokemon standards.
>>
>>330398364
Are you being ironic, or..?
>>
Is there any way to get Black 2 to run on Desmume without it being shit?
>>
>>330398714
>not using DraStic

Black 2 works fine even though some DRM bullshit kicks in after the champ battle
>>
File: 1338009266642.gif (744 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1338009266642.gif
744 KB, 245x300
>>330398364

>He doesn't remember when Garchomp was the literal bane of competitive play
>>
>>330398395
What's with the corset and hair covered tits? I specifically see this a lot in humanized Volcarona pics
>>
>>330398714
Download the latest Desmume SVN build. Either way you must have a really shitty PC if it's running bad on Desmume.
>>
>>330397109
I never played BW2 but the first B/W are my fav. What makes the sequel better?
>>
>>330398785
Drastic is Android only you fuckin dingus.
>>
Gen V was a lot better than people give it credit for

"muh ice cream pokemon"
>>
>>330398582
>Giving you options is hand holding
>Caring about the anime
Wow anon you're a faggot.
>>
>>330398869
I played up to like the 4 gym and it had older pokemon from the get go
From what I've seen the region is expanded and stuff.
I want to finish it personally, it's the only mainline pokemon game I haven't played yet.
>>
>>330398451
The animations were plenty lively in battle itself for Gen VI, I think. Gen V's weren't much better, other than a lot of flying Pokemon who got ruined by making the Sky Battle animations the default.

I actually generally like the visual style in XY/ORAS, but I hate how nearly everything looks a shade or two too white. The worst that comes to mind is Gourgeist who seems like an almost entirely different color in game compared to the official art, though it actually looks better in-game.
>>
Gave up at the canyon place. No sexy pokemon except 2 leafs and a goth chicken.

Pokemon sort of died for me during diamond and pearl anyway. 10 years of playing the exact same thing is enough.

Tell me when an adult version comes out that offers a challenge, and doesn't spend an hour explaining how to use a pokeball.
>>
>>330398869
A lot, if you can get past the fact that it's almost the exact same map

I replayed BW like 6 times so I was sick of it by that point unfortunately
>>
>>330399002
>it had older pokemon from the get go
I fucking love that the original run of BW only had BW pokemon, it felt like RBY and actually made you use the pokemon of that gen instead of falling back to safe older gen teams you knew of.
>>
>>330398364
>YacheChomp: The Meta
>Not when competitive started going to shit
>>
File: sonichu memed.png (145 KB, 680x581) Image search: [Google]
sonichu memed.png
145 KB, 680x581
>>330398995
>>
>>330399172
I liked that too and it had enough newcomers to back it up.
>>
>>330399183
Competetive Pokemon always was shit because it's a dice roll of pokemon rotations which is why retarded shit like Stealth rock and Spikes is so powerful

It's not fun
>>
Favorites in the franchise right along HG/SS and B2/W2.
>>
>>330399172
>not only using Pokemon new to that generation every run anyways
>not purposely always trying to use Pokemon you haven't before
>>
It was a nice progression of the formula. They focused on making the world and characters somewhat interesting, and it was a sucess imo. Ita not deep or anything like that, but it makes the world seem more alive and less boring, something that the series really needed.
>>
>>330399561
That wasnt always feasible, gen 2 sucked for new pokes.
>>
B/W is really not that good. Playing through it now just beat the 8th gym. The route through the game is literally a straight path on the map, the mons feel like a knock off since there are no previous mons to kind assimilate these ones.
>>
>>330399871
I only use national dex 152~251 in GSC/HGSS runs fine. XY gave more problems, I had to let my sixth slot be a Pokemon that got a Mega.
>>
>>330395174

Least favourite Pokemon games. Forces a dull story down your throat, has ugly attempts at 3D graphics and had wayyyyy too many battles.

Also that browser based minigame bullshit was the worst.
>>
>>330399172
i think that's why i like bw2. i love the 5th gen games, i think theyre the most well done of any gen, but i detest about 1/4-1/2 of the 5th gen pokemon. im not even a genwunner, i just feel like there were a lot of bad designs. i like to use the 5th gen pokemon that i like in my party, and any holes left i fill with other gens
>>
>>330397480
This
>>
>>330400068
I like BW2's as well BECAUSE they integrated the older pokemon in, it absolutely complimented the game as it was 2 years after the events of the first game. Along with the PWT, trainers from all over the world flock to Unova, it helps make the world like it really progressed two years.
>>
>>330397283
HGSS are good games but I like Sinnoh a lot more than Johto.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.