[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Could you create a game like Battlefield Hardline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
272 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?

Could you create a game like Battlefield Hardline and not fuck it up? It had a fun, interesting concept.
>>
Up until launch I thought it was going to be $20-$30 DLC for BF4.

I was shocked when i learned it was a $60 full release with a $100 premium version.
>>
>>330393890
Played the beta, thought it was pretty fun and a fresh take on Battlefield... but it wasnt $50 worth of fun especially with BF4 still getting DLC

Should have been a lot cheaper or a unique set of modes/maps DLC for BF4
>>
>>330393890
It should never have been launched as a full-priced game. They should have treated it like Far Cry Blood Dragon, a half-priced expansion to give the Battlefield 4 generation a bit more life before the next "true" Battlefield game (RIP BF2 and BFBC ;_;). I'd have bought it if it was an expansion with weapons and customization that carried over into BF4 and used BF4's multiplayer rather than its own thing.
>>
The game is 20 bucks now, but for the best edition (comes with premium and a bunch of other shit) for 70, is it worth it?
>>
They shouldn't have made it a Battlefield game
They tried to make something new but also keep in the old, but the two didn't mix well and the end product wasn't good.
If they had just tried to make it really its own game it would have been good. I like the Hotwire game-mode, to me that was a sign there was a good idea in there somewhere.
>>
It has fun game modes and it's a tonne more stable than BF4.

but "it's like cod" was a meme and the battlefield community like to ride the fuck out of that.

I don't see why it should have been priced less than BF4 despite having the same amount of content. It wasn't just a reskin.

It's not an amazing game but it doesn't deserve all the hate from people that haven't even played it.
>>
>>330396883
see
>>330395097
please
>>
>>330395097

The map DLC generally has pretty great maps but it's basically dead so I'd say no. Unless you want to drop all that money on getting a FAL.

Just get the $20 base game if anything.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-10+at+10.13.01).png (5 KB, 598x125) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-10+at+10.13.01).png
5 KB, 598x125
>>330397216
Holy fuck
bf4 has like 20 times this amount of people playing. Fuck I was about to dumb 70 on this thing now I dont even know.
>>
>>330399157
Holy fuck that's awful. I was gonna get the game but shit is the singleplayer even worth mentioning?
>>
I'm really thinking about buying it tBh. I'm a PS4fag so I don't gotta worry about the game being dead.

BF4 pisses me off with it's shit performance, shit vehicle mechanics/aircraft controls, shit guns, and shit maps.

Hardline looks pretty fun and that new gun bench shit looks awesome. I just think it looks like a fun shooter, and would be good to hold me over until the new BF this year. Game was on sale for $13 a few weeks ago. I wish I would have bought it
>>
>>330401237
The new DLC is coming out on the 15th, we might see a price drop again so they can flood the servers hopefully.
>>
>>330401506
They better bundle Premium with it.

I hate playing games vanilla when there is a ton of DLC out, but I certainly am not paying $50 for premium
>>
>>330401237

I play on PS4, it's stable and well forth it for £20.

Premium not so much.
>>
>>330393890
The game is fun for a casual laid back gaming experience.
>>
>>330401237
Speaking for the base game, anyway, if the maps pissed you off about BF4 you're probably not going to get a great first impression out of Hardline.

I took the plunge when it went on sale on PSN and I had buyer's remorse even at the cheap price. A lot of the maps are theoretically open but just devolve into close quarters bullshit. Not in the fun push/pull momentum way like that paris metro BF4 level, but in a CoD "everyone is sprinting around holy shit-DEAD" kind of way.

I dunno man, I wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>330401925

Just play bloodmoney or heist if you want flow.
>>
>>330401925
Yeah idk. BF4 just feels off to me. I loved the shit out BF3 but there is something offputting about BF4 that I can't put my finger on.

I might still try to get it for a real cheap price, maybe.
>>
>>330402203
maybe i'm just a pussy but BF4 drove me away with the fucking helicopters, starting from scratch it's a goddamn herculean task to get your upgrades with those things and a good pilot can fucking dominate a round. pissed me off to no end.

>>330402112
Heist is great when teams are even, I'll grant you that. Blood Money depends on the map. I despise the Mansion and Everglades levels.
>>
>>330402458
>pissed me off to no end.

Yeah that's another reason why Hardline is looking appealing. It's more infantry based. Normally I wouldn't like that but BF4 completely botched vehicle combat imo so fuck it.

I just want to shoot guys and relax.
>>
Look at all these EA shills trying to hype up a dead cash grab. Holy fuck did you forget that this is EA you are giving your money to?
>>
>>330401925
How many of the maps are like that shitty florida swamps map? When I played it was either that or the desert map that would rotate in constantly. They killed the game for me because I hated those maps so much.
>>
>>330403056
like 3/4 of the maps are wide open but with only one real cluster of activity that turns into a complete shit show.

there's a couple that actually have some elevation and some interesting chokepoints, but they're pretty few and far between. most of them just follow the 'two houses for team HQs and a big warehouse/mansion/facility in the middle for firefights' bullshit.
>>
>>330403364
Lol dont even get me started on The Block. Op Metro 1/2.
>>
>>330393890
Cops & Robbers is a flawless competitive game. Problem is all the faggots making shooters out of it just do dumbed down reskins, F2P garbage, or blow their entire budget to get rappiosts to voice their games.
>>
>>330393890
multiplayer was a shitty reskin
story ranged from fucking terrible to infuriating
>>
>>330399157
>Fuck I was about to dumb 70 on this thin

you should go ahead and buy it. People as dumb as you dont deserve money
>>
>>330402458

I think the everglades is fun as fuck for Bloodmoney, but I'm a bunnhyhopping tryhard that just runs around on the platform above the cash pile going 50-2 or something because it's easy to pick them off as they run towards it.

But for actual map design, pretty poor.
>>
Alot of maps play out terrible for CQ large.
>>
>>330393890
If you want to make a good cop game don't make it a Battlefield, simple as that.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-10+at+11.50.10).png (109 KB, 1018x421) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-10+at+11.50.10).png
109 KB, 1018x421
>>330404070
I-I'M GONNA DO IT!

I SWEAR, TAKE IT BACK
>>
>>330393890
>Rabbit mask
>Gives extra vehicle XP
Why?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.