[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got done almost marathoning these first three games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
So I just got done almost marathoning these first three games.

HOOLLLLEEEE SHIIIIIIT

LIKE I COULDN'T FUCKING STOP PLAYING

PLEASE TELL ME THE NEWER GAMES ARE AS GOOD AS THESE
>>
>>330391609
AAI2>Orginal Trilogy>That one DD DLC case>the rest
>>
>>330391609
Sorry man but it only get worse except maybe the Edgeworth games :(
>>
>>330391609
They aren't. Sorry.
>>
Sorry, but there's only one more great game in the series for you to play (AAI2).
The rest are mediocre at best.
>>
Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 spin-off is good (better I'd say), other new games aren't.
>>
Judge for yourself, I'm playing through Apollo Justice rn and it's really not that bad. I been having fun with it.
>>
>>330391609
So far, the only fantastic one after the original trilogy is Investigations 2. The others are still okay though. Still haven't finished Layton vs Phoenix Wright.
>>
The games about edgeworth are really good, Apollo justice is pretty bad, DD is good but disappointing
>>
AAI2 > Ghost Trick > Original Trilogy > AAI > Apollo > Layton > DD
>>
>>330391609
Maybe not as good, but still worth playing. Make sure you play the Edgeworth games. You may also like Ghost Trick, which is fantastic
>>
Depends on taste

They all have their own style of writing

You'll probably like it

Or you don't

But I love the franchise in general and while I was dissapointed on some aspects, the series is still great and strong in it's writing

Enjoy the series
>>
I personally didn't like T&T's final case focusing on Spirit Channeling as it's boogaloo

T&T fell flat for me

I liked AJ's curveball

And DD, in my opinion, had some really strong writing on sensitive themes, some people don't understand it but most of the stuff are realistic and scary
>>
File: vonkarma.gif (559 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
vonkarma.gif
559 KB, 256x192
Why is she allowed to use a whip?
>>
>>330394627
the Spirit Channeling subplot was dumb

not to mention everyone was shit except for Mia
>>
>>330391609
The 3DS one is the worst, get it on phones to spare yourself of eye cancer.
>>
Don't know why everyone likes to shit on AJ. I finished it a couple days ago and thought it was great.
>>
>>330391609
Nope
The original trilogy are the only good games
>>
>>330391609
Check out Ghost Trick since it's made by the same guy and has the best plot of all.
>>
>>330395560
AJ's final case was probably the worst final case in the series. The buildup was amazing but the last trial completely fell flat. The memeing about 4-3 is annoying and unwarranted though, it wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>330395560
Same here
The only shit part was where you had to listen to that shitty song like 10 times
>>
>>330395897
Really? I thought it was one of the best.
>>
>>330391609
They're all good, don't listen to shitters.

AA4 is about on par with AA2.
AAI is the weakest in the series, not bad though.
AAI2 is fucking fantastic.
AA5 is pretty good.
>>
>>330395897
I think the time-narrative-shenanigans deserve at least a little credit. It reminded me of 999 which everyone loves. Also similar to Ghost Trick, which may have a better time-related Takumi plot but it came out years later.
I agree that the trial itself kind of fell flat and wasn't challenging enough, especially in the third part.
>>
I honestly found DD and AAI2 better than the original trilogy.
People who can't make opinions for themselves will shit on DD but you play it yourself and judge it yourself.
>>
>>330391609
For a frame of reference
AA3 > AAI2 > AA1 > AA5 > AA2 = AA4 > AAI is the general conscious I've seen on /v/. They're all good.
>>
I'm on case 2 of Dual Destinies and getting really bored. Does it get better?
>>
>>330393408
Back the fuck up. AAI2 is very good, probably the best or tied for the best AA game, but it simply can't match Ghost Trick.
>>
>>330396834
You're a damn idiot for making a consensus tier.
>AA3
>The best Ace Attorney game
Nowhere near it
>>
>Mayafags

Also Apollo Justice is HIGHLY underrated. Easily third best game in the series behind the original and Trials and Tribulations.
>>
>>330396074
Compared to what, anon? 1-4? 1-5? 2-4? 3-5? I2-5? All of those are clearly superior in every way. Personally I have a strange love for I-5 as well, and even 5-4/5 is good until the end. 4-4 falls completely flat with a terrible second half.
>>
File: tier list.png (1 MB, 921x1772) Image search: [Google]
tier list.png
1 MB, 921x1772
>>
File: GameTierList.jpg (1 MB, 1678x2755) Image search: [Google]
GameTierList.jpg
1 MB, 1678x2755
>>330397287
>>
>>330396983
Case 2 is the worst case in DD.
All the characters are obnoxious.
It picks up in Case 3 though.
>>
>>330397287
>>330397378
>Apollo Justice this low

Phoenixfags pls leave

Armband gimmick is the best one in the franchise
>>
Vs. is better than DD. Remember that.

Also, remember it's also a Professor Layton game. Infact, it's more of a Layton game with courtroom sections.
>>
>>330397538
I like AA4 a lot, I just think it's one of the weaker games in the series. 4-2 is an average, case, and 4-3 is really bad. The game is redeemed by 4-1 and 4-4 being excellent.

Again, still good. Just one of the weaker ones.
>>
>>330397485
Thanks, i'll chug through it then.
>>
>>330397538
You think I give a fuck about Phoenix? AJ has 4-1, but that's about it. 4-2 is good, but not great. 4-3 is easily one of the worst cases in the series. And 4-4 is good, but probably the worst final case.
>>
>>330397538
Yeah but the third case in AA4 was just as bad as the circus case in the second game. Also the ending was totally lackluster after an absolutely incredible build up.

That fucking evil hand, the black locks, etc everything was building up to something so amazing and unspeakably evil and it was just

pppppbbbbbbbtttttttttt THE END
>>
>>330396983
Case 2 is the worst in the game, don't worry. Case 3 is really good and Case 4 & 5 are really damn good.
>>
Play both Edgeworth games and the crossover with Layton
>>
All the main games are good. AAI is fucking awful, which is upsetting because I hear AAI 2 is great but it was never localized. I also wasn't huge on Layton x PW, even though when it was first announced I almost came.
>>
>>330398161
AAI2 has (pretty solid) fan translation
>>
>>330398161
AAI is not bad. The first three cases are average first, second, and third cases, but they definitely aren't bad. I-4 is really good, probably one of the best non-final cases. I-5 is love-or-hate, but personally I loved how difficult it was to take the villain down. Maybe not the best final case, but certainly not the worst. It's an "average" game by AA standards, but average isn't bad.
>>
File: 1428750169692.jpg (14 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1428750169692.jpg
14 KB, 242x251
>He didn't like Duel Destinies

C'mon that college case was fuckin awesome
>>
Do you want to eat some burgers, Nick?
>>
>>330391609
Though some are no doubt better than others, I enjoyed every game in the series.

If you're not a nitpicker OP, then you should too
>>
File: Z-Idle7.gif (171 KB, 144x192) Image search: [Google]
Z-Idle7.gif
171 KB, 144x192
>>330398301
>Sebastian Debeste
>>
I'm still finishing the first one.
>>
>>330399468
Easily debeste prosecutor
>>
File: Cc1xILCUcAAd9Sj.jpg (51 KB, 400x900) Image search: [Google]
Cc1xILCUcAAd9Sj.jpg
51 KB, 400x900
ARE THEY FINALLY GONNA FUG?
>>
Should AA get voice acting after the next game? PLvsAA had it, and it worked out well. Even a supposedly low budget game like ZTD will have full voice acting. AA will probably have to catch up eventually since it's something many people expect in modern games.
>>
>>330395006
Maybe her butt hurts
>>
So, I've never played aa.
I was planning on picking up the trilogy on 3ds. Where do I go after that? Duel destinies?
Do I need to play Apollo justice and the Edgeworth games?
>>
>>330397378
>danganronpa 2
>better than AAI
Hold on, friendo, that's not right.
>>
>>330400679
DR2 was excellent. Improved on the first game in every way possible with actually interesting cases (except 2-3, funnily enough). I get that it's cool to hate on "tumblronpa", but it's a great game.
>>
File: ace attorney guide 2.png (2 MB, 3000x2434) Image search: [Google]
ace attorney guide 2.png
2 MB, 3000x2434
>>330400445
this is by far the best newfag guide

have fun
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYKFZNRC_w
>>
>>330399468
my god this kid is amazing near the end
>>
>>330401025
This sounds almost exactly like the last one.
>>
>>330391609
DD... not so much I'm sorry, it's not bad, but it's not trilogy. Investigations is p good, Investigations 2 is trilogy tier, apollo justice is really good.
>>
>>330400970
PLvsPW canon status was ever specified so taking it as noncanon is equally stupid as the shit that happens in the game itself
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.