[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GTA V will be 3 years old this year So what did /v/ think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 916T5H6sCtL._SL1500_[1].jpg (341 KB, 1210x1500) Image search: [Google]
916T5H6sCtL._SL1500_[1].jpg
341 KB, 1210x1500
>GTA V will be 3 years old this year

So what did /v/ think of it? I hear mixed reviews mostly, but I felt it was alright, just really lacking in a few areas.
>>
i enjoyed it

it's hard to screw up a gta game
>>
It was solid, but the lackluster story and empty feeling single player left me disappointed. I liked the gunplay and boat-tier driving in IV better tbqh, although that is pretty subjective. They busted their nut into online and thus the single-player San Andreas/IV sandbox feeling is left a little hollow. It is still at least a 7/10 though.
>>
I thought it was pretty fucking fun, just as good as GTA IV, but they really fucked up not releasing any single player dlc
>>
I still haven't played it even though I do want to since I had a lot of fun with the previous 4 games.

I keep making excuses to put off getting it.

>I'll wait for it to be released on pc
>gets released for pc
>I'll wait until I build a new pc that will be able to run it better
>build a new pc
>I'll wait for a sale
>sale happens
>that's not a big enough discount
>>
>>330391683
>not releasing any single player dlc

Seriously. The map felt so empty outside of Los Santos. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that R* had confirmed some SP DLC
>>
I had a lot of fun playing single player even if it wasn't the best. Online was disappointing in some aspects like Heists. I don't really find a lot of the options for character customization to be that great but I guess that's just my opinion.
>>
i didn't care about the online cash shop portion so it was mostly a vastly empty game to me. you had places like the military base and prison that go unused. hardly any interiors at all and the muh choices ending was useless. rampages were a screen distortion effect while you shoot at 6 people. wow. it was made very clear all rockstar cares about is selling shark cards so the series is dead to me.
>>
>>330391120
At least the story was enjoyable and it seemed like the developers were having fun this time around, unlike GTA IV which was some grim-dark bullshittery.
>>
>>330391683
Same, except it was better than IV.
>>
I liked it a lot, wished the story was bigger and wasn't just centered around the heists they also could have used more of the map.
>>
File: 1438169758929.jpg (925 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1438169758929.jpg
925 KB, 1000x1414
>There are people who think IV is the superior game

I don't get it, V wasn't quite as good as San Andreas, but it fixed a whole load of the flaws from IV, which was a pretty bad game imo
>>
File: 1454645883030.jpg (58 KB, 584x649) Image search: [Google]
1454645883030.jpg
58 KB, 584x649
>>330393642

>here's my opinion
>btw animu image for no reason whatsoever

Yeah, nice opinion you have there.
>>
It has no soul
>>
>2012 was 15 years ago
>>
Loved it, the story worked fine and I was satisfied by the end. Enough to play it 3 times.

Unfortunately empty world outside of the story though
>>
Played it recently. I thought it didn't feel like a GTA game at all. Uninstalled it around the submarine heist mission. The multiple characters shit was annoying too.
>>
File: 1457116726109.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457116726109.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>>330393803
>complaining about anime
>on an anime website
>>
>bought it for 360
>360 dies
>bought it for PS4

First person is nice, but its certainly not worth the second buy, even for the 30 something hours online I got out of it

Its a good game but definitely lacking in the myths part:
>Ufos you cant enter
>screams in that motel where the hunting guy takes Trevor
>that ghost that vanishes when you come close
>dinosaur bones under the water
>bigfoot you can only see with thermal sensor which could also be just an animal

Did I forget anything ?

This is way too less.
>>
Eagerly waited until it released on PC, went through all the delays without ever playing or watching any videos about it.

Single player was nice but way too short. The final part of the story felt really rushed and weak.

Online was literally one of the biggest letdowns of my gaming life, no exaggeration. It's fucking terrible.

I can give it a 7.5/10 for SP, but Online is honestly 2/10.
>>
>>330394253
Are you retard or just trying hard ?
Hes complaining that the anime reaction pic is nowhere related to your post.
>>
>>330394253

This isn't an anime website anymore deal with it you autistic scum
>>
>>330394494
LOL TRY HARD XD
>>
Meh: the game

Boring story, boring characters. Not enough gangs, can't do cool shoot like drug dealing. No real reason to continue playing past the main story. Map is boring as there's nothing outside LS- LS doesn't feel that big. Overall 5/10 could have been worse,. should have been much better.

This is coming from someone who loved VC and SA.
>>
>>330394643

Do you ever wonder why no one talks to you?
>>
>>330394253
>>330394643
I love how you ignored my post:
>>330394405
because you know Im right

If you cry yourself to sleep the next nights and wonder what went wrong, you should start with this
>>
I still like to get on and go on shootouts with the gangs and car chases with the police every now and then.

Thought it was a pretty decent game would rate 7/10
>>
>>330391120

I've never gotten into a GTA game, the world never feels truly engaging, and everything is so tongue in cheek that it's hard to be invested in the story. The humor's not really there, either.
>>
>>330392012
Rockstar said they lost money on episodes of liberty city & that they'd never do a sp dlc again.
>>
What is so great about GTA Online anyway?

I fucked around in free roam, driving around killing people and getting killed, then did some races, team games and that kind of thing. Nothing really special.
>>
>>330394253

When you attach completely unrelated le animu grill images to your posts on non-anime centric boards you should prepare to get shit on. I wouldn't be complaining if it was some sort of animu GTA fanart or some shit, but no, you just attached some completely unrelated garbage for no reason cause you're a stupid weeb.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.