[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what's your honest opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: gammasquadyoungconker.jpg (61 KB, 650x394) Image search: [Google]
gammasquadyoungconker.jpg
61 KB, 650x394
Now that the dust has settled, what's your honest opinion on young Conker?
>>
File: romanbait.jpg (17 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
romanbait.jpg
17 KB, 540x527
>>330379543
>>
>>330379605
No bait here friend just asking for peoples opinions.
>>
The redesign is so bad I spent a week thinking it was an early April fools joke. I'm not interested in their new character, that ain't conker
>>
>>330379543
An unsurprising but questionable choice for a prototype platformer that has caused more backlash from people who knew the IP than people who probably don't give a shit and just think that the concept is cool. Same shit with Federation Force; if you took the word PRIME out of the name, nobody would be flipping their shit. Instead, they decided to create a demo reel for their reveal as the, "Next entry in the Metroid Prime series," and expected nobody to think poorly of it.

Decent looking games with bad PR decisions.
>>
File: lil_conker.png (316 KB, 589x627) Image search: [Google]
lil_conker.png
316 KB, 589x627
>>
Looks like shit. Even assuming they made the smarter decision to leave Conker out of it, or gave him a more true to the original design, I can't imagine the game itself being any good.

>It's a platformer but without thoughtful stage design. You know, the thing any good platform absolutely needs
>If you want more than one stage, you need to go to other rooms or places, severely limiting the actual amount of things to do in the game
>Simple and mindless mechanics with wonky as hell looking physics? You bet your ass
>That tiny ass field of view where you can see things fade in and out of existence

Simply put it's a tech demo that doesn't seem like it was ever even meant to see the light of day and the fact that they're treating it like a proper game with an existing character is kind of confusing and shameful.
>>
>>330379543
I'M DYING IN A VAT IN THE GARAGE
>>
It's a redesign whether they want to admit it or not, not simply "young Conker". The style is completely farfetched.
>>
>>330379543
What the fuck is this even in?

I haven't been able to look at it until now.
>>
>>330379543

Chris Seavor (the voice of Conker) seems really happy about having work again. That's nice.
>>
Who?
>>
>>330380987
Conker
>>
File: conkcatty.jpg (42 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
conkcatty.jpg
42 KB, 360x600
>>330379543
>people designed that
>people greenlit that
>people were okay with that

Young Conker already existed. They only wanted a reason to ruin him.
>>
File: 1444612527874.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444612527874.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>330379543
looks like a piece of shit
will prob play like a piece of shit
will not be about mature content, so no more singing piece of shit

my final ranking for it is piece of shit/10
>>
File: fotonoticia_20150427123723_980.jpg (67 KB, 980x582) Image search: [Google]
fotonoticia_20150427123723_980.jpg
67 KB, 980x582
I liked this design
>>
>>330381606
he looks like he took some krokodil and his cheeks are eating themselves
>>
>>330381606
GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO MAKE OUR OWN GAME HUH?!
>>
>>330382085
>he looks like he took some krokodil

So, he's in character?
>>
>>330381606
The design was at least more Conker than Young Conker holy fuck.
>>
>>330382085
kek'd
>>
UHNH

YAWNG CONKAH SOOOOON

THA ALBUM DROPS SOON

GET YO PANTIES READY

FOR THE HOT TRACK

YAWNG COOOOOONKER
>>
>>330381606
It would look better if his cheeks and tail didn't look blocky
>>
>>330381606

If his eyes were less dead I'd be completely fine with it. He looks like a Japanified Conker.
>>
>>330379543
Is Young Conker a victim of microcephaly?
>>
File: cigarfrog.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
cigarfrog.png
218 KB, 600x579
>they'll never finish the director's commentary playthrough
>>
>We just invented time travel/fusion reactors/portals/whatever
>Here to help us explain how it works is the corpse of your dead grandmother made into a sock puppet
>>
looks like something no one actually cared about and just did to satisfy some ceo who thinks they're hot shit
>>
BUBSY
U
B
S
Y
>>
>>330387737
S T O P
T
O
P
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.