[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why you're not playing ARK /v/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (176 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
176 KB, 620x350
Why you're not playing ARK /v/ ?
>>
quit playing because its not worth spending a week making a sick base, only to have a 20 man tribe tear it all down
>>
Alpha, Struttering, nitrado, lag...
>>
Because it runs like utter shit regardless of your hardware and the fact it's not a very good game.

>titan X, not even 60fps
>GTX680 SLI, not even 30 fps
>>
'Cause it's shit.
>>
>>330374430
Waiting for Conan Exiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIcftl0OZk
>>
File: 1453306797313(1).jpg (48 KB, 337x453) Image search: [Google]
1453306797313(1).jpg
48 KB, 337x453
>>330374430
Because most of /v/ is smart enough to avoid EA shovelware
>>
>>330378572
This game isn't made by EA you fucking retard
>>
Because it's just another survival, cash shop, poorly optimized flavor of the month shit boring-ass game just like dayz, warz, that arma mod, rust, h1z1 and whatever the fuck else they're called
give it a rest with the god damn survival/zombie games it's like guitar hero all over again
>>
File: 1454885924704.jpg (18 KB, 478x378) Image search: [Google]
1454885924704.jpg
18 KB, 478x378
>>330378638
>>
>>330374430

Got it from Humble, played an hour or two. The world is neat, the survival is relatively well done, but I just have a hard time giving enough of a fuck to bother playing. The lack of NPC humans brings it down, since player humans are either shoot on sight rapists or dino-coddling carebears. The damage seemed fucky too. Got a metal pike and is still takes multiple stabs to kill tiny-ass dinos.

Hopefully it'll be something at some point. The framework is cool at least.
>>
File: 1448401480655.jpg (15 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
1448401480655.jpg
15 KB, 556x561
>>330378638
>>
>>330374430
same reason I don't play minecraft. It gets painfully dull after a few hours
>>
>>330374430
is it free?
>>
>>330374430
Can you tame the Dinos?
>>
>>330378907
Does it really have a cash shop? Never noticed, it is poorly optimized though. Playing with some IRL friends on xbone; got a bitching base and nice games. Got a cool alliance going, kind of boring when there's no one to raid
>>
>>330380102
You can even tame the bosses
>>
>>330380102

It takes 8 hours and you need to babysit them constantly.
>>
I like it a lot, but there isn't a whole lot of content.
Granted, it's a game designed with multiplayer in mind and I've only done singleplayer.
I have high hopes for it.
>>
>>330374430

Because I broke my arm punching a tree 3 times, and died naked in the woods, so I uninstalled, because like most survival games, it's shit.

Oh not to mention enemy tracking is Bullshit. Getting but by a naked tail, or watching a snake do a 180 from its middle on a dime tells me they spent more time focusing on how to punish new players than fun, worthwhile gameplay.
>>
Hope u ppl will check out upcoming Conan Exiles. I'm not fan of survival games, but big Conan fan, and game will have
>open world sandbox survival
>brutal action combat
>UE4
>Funcom
>Gods[benefits for worship]
>singleplayer
>multiplayer[public and PRIVATE servers]
>and much more!

Hope i wont play it alone :v
>>
>>330374430

Because my friends aren't online at the moment.

It's a pretty fun game. Wish we'd went on a PVE server though. My server is really friendly overall but still would be nice not worrying about getting fucked in the ass.
>>
>>330380859
lolwut
>>
>>330380963
>>330380859
Lol I thought autocorrect was off.. I'll leave it. I meant "Bit by a snake", but I think I prefer but naked.
>>
>>330380896
yeah survival sounds Fucking terrible. I have no idea what in gods name they were thinking.

I love Conan though. I typically get high and watch it once a month. It will be really hard not to play it.
>>
File: 1452298785_ARKNVIDIA.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1452298785_ARKNVIDIA.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>Why you're not playing ARK /v/?

Because It's only fun when:
a)
>The gathering and taming rates are increased to at least x10. No one wants to wait 8 fucking hours to tame a Mammoth.

b)
>You have a reliable private server with people you know and understand the rules depending what people agree with (PVP, PVE, no offline raids, etc.) Also avoid the official servers, they're shit.

c)
>It gets optimised. Can't complain too hard about this since it's still in ea but they better do a good job when it's complete.

and d)
>FUCKING GET RID OF THE FUCKING PLANT X/ QUETZAL P. SADDLE COMBO RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>330381380
Go read dev's Q&A session they had today, it explains a lot, won't be classical survival game, much more, hope u and more ppl get into it if it really make what they're saying they will.
>>
>>330374430
I made my waifu and then she took a shit on the floor. I uninstalled after that.
>>
>>330381705
Gathering on tames is 100x better, and kibble will more than 1/2 or 1/4 tame rates just if anyone is wondering
>>
>>330374430
Awful fps without looking that good
>>
>>330378638
HURR DURR DURR DURR
>>
Because I uninstalled it earlier and I don't want to download 60 fucking gigs just to play some unoptimized survival game.
>>
I pity those who don't know the joys of a dodo horde wrecking Jurassic park
>>
>>330382183

There is no waifu in Ark. Only players foolish enough to make female characters which then end up handcuffed and put in cages.
>>
>buying a game that will never ever get patched to a playable standard

Theres no shortage of dank survival crafting games
>>
>>330374430
I played it on a PvE server. A mammoth alone took me like 8 hours to tame 'cos of it's level. No joke. I fucking closed the game a few times and payed Dota then came back to pump it up with nacrs.

The game gets boring. Tried PvP but you hardly see anyone ever when you solo, and then you login and your base is gone.

The combat is clunky and awkward. Rust doe sit so much better. Dinos are overpowered killing machines and as solo you have no chance.

Just like Rust, you can't enjoy these games solo so you quit.

You quit and never look back. Then 4 months later you see people whining that there's no players.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.