[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is Super Smash Bros... on 3DS? Don't have a Wii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
So how is Super Smash Bros... on 3DS?

Don't have a Wii U but recently got a 3DS.

Realize it won't look as nice but I can deal with that.
>>
hack your 3ds and play sm4sh mods!
>>
>>330364351
Say goodbye to your analog stick
>>
Pretty good, I tend to play 2-3 matches online every time I take a shit.
>>
>>330364351
really fun. The fighting feels different than the wii u version, though its hard to describe. Smash run is fun though not very customizable. Portable smash though was enough for me to buy it.
>>
It's like smash without a Cstick or Z button
If you have a new3ds it's like smash with a wii u pro.

If you have friends, smash run is really fun.
>>
>>330364351
c stick is pretty good improvement

graphics arent noticable if you take away the outlines and use 3d, excluding the more detailed characters like link

3d is 3x better on n3ds, but still good on the first models
>>
>It won't look as nice

Doesn't matter, 60 FPS even in 3D is fucking great
>>
the game is a fucking mess.

The controls are fine, graphics are fine. but seriously if you plan on playing with any sort of competition in mind. And im not just talking about no items final destination only Like I mean if you get salty when you see unbalanced bullshit like me when you play vidya, then dont buy D O N T BUY DLC CHARACTERS ARE BULLSHIT ZERO SUIT SAMUS AND SHIEK ARE BOTH BULLSHIT.
>>
>>330369068

>3D effect shuts off when characters get smashed into the screen.

I wish Nintendo would go back to cranking that shit full-blast like they did for OoT3D and the earlier launch games. It looks amazing when the 3D effect comes out of the screen, but you never see it unless you zoom in on certain trophies.
>>
>>330367876
How is smash different on a n3ds. Other than the cnub, which I never use.
>>
>>330369631

Loading screens are significantly shorter, amiibo access without that dongle and miiverse screenshot posting. I think that's about it.
>>
>>330369772
Oh right, I forgot about the improved loading times. They're pretty great
>>
>>330369485
filtered
>>
Honestly, it's a nice little portable version of the game. The controls are fine once you get used to them. I think I may even be better using the 3DS controls than I am with a gamecube controller.

It still suffers from all of the Wii U version's issues, namely the lack of any good singleplayer.
>>
It's fine. I play it more on the 3DS than on my Wii U since I don't have many people over and you can still play with the latest patch online if you have a hacked 3DS without paying for DLC characters. I've gotten good enough at Smash on the 3DS where I prefer to use my 3DS as a controller over the Wii U gamepad or classic controller. The 3DS <--> Wii U functionality is pretty convinient if you ever find yourself playing at a friend's house but he doesn't have enough controllers.

Also multiplayer smash run is really fun, much better than the board game mode from the Wii U version. The only thing I miss is having challangers and master/crazy hand ticket modes. And some of the Wii U exclusive stages which are nice.
>>
>>330364351
I just got out of a 4Glory match on 3ds, and it was fucking awful. A full 1 second of input lag.

Granted that's worst case scenario. But still, 4Glory on 3ds is fucking awful. Every match is laggy, and every person on there sucks, but you'll lose anyway because they decided to lag-switch you to death. SSB3DS is only fun for single player or local wireless play. The online modes are fucking garbage, so don't bother.

>MFW my shield comes out 30 frames after I press it, so I get hit anyway. MFW I can't dancing blade correctly because the lag eats half my inputs. MFW little mac kicks my ass with just smash attacks because the Lag is too bad for me to react properly.

Yeah, I'm salty AF.
>>
>>330369485
get gud
>>
>>330371359
I play both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash online and I never noticed any less lag over the other. I get plenty of laggy games on WiiU 4glory too.

Nintendo's online is just terrible in general. Though it's still a major improvement compared to Brawl's online.
>>
>>330364351
>Anonymous 03/10/16(Thu)15:49:17 No.330
boring. unlocked duck hunt and never played it again.
>>
>>330364351

3DS is one of the primary reasons we have such a shitty cast now.
>>
File: 1456482881534.jpg (85 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1456482881534.jpg
85 KB, 680x680
>>330364351
Literally whats the point when you break your circlepad the moment you try to perform a perfect pivot?

You can't get good at Smash Bros for 3DS because of hardware limiations. You either get it for Wii U so you can use a GC controller or you don't play it at all.
>>
>>330364351
Really compitent port desu
>>
I really want to play SSB3DS, but I have fear in breaking my circlepad.
>>
>>330364351
no singleplayer
no replayability unless you like playing online or have friends with the game

never have i spent so little time playing a smash game, and i even bought this fucking shit.

best smash list
1) Melee (Rented it, then pirated)
2) Brawl (piraed of course)
3) N64 (rented it, but shit is unbalanced as fuck)
4) 3ds (bought it)

havent played wii u version yet
>>
>>330364351

Good. Not perfect, but it's portable Smash. It has some of my favorite exclusive stages from the whole series. Your stick shouldn't break if you don't play like a raging idiot.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.