[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you know your musician is shit when he's making songs on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: mirrorsedge.jpg (162 KB, 1349x882) Image search: [Google]
mirrorsedge.jpg
162 KB, 1349x882
you know your musician is shit when he's making songs on sony vegas
>>
>>330361116
He has a job as a musician and you don't OP
>>
What would you recommend then fag? Adobe autism? Fruity loops? Garageband? lmao
>>
>>330361116

>That few samples
There's your real red flag mate.
>>
>>330361221
actually i'm a female[/female] twitch streamer.
>>
I'm looking for a musician for my android game. Can anyone give me some free music?
>>
>>330361419
Sent ;)
>>
Using software the company probably already has access to sounds like a good idea to me.

If the music turns out good who cares if he uses your hipster 10,000 dollar program you pirated
>>
>you've seen your professional musician friends track entirely in reaper, still get thousands of hits.

If the majority of your audience doesn't know, or care. Whatever.
>>
>>330361279
Not that anon, but Traktor DJ seems to be pretty good.
>>
>>330361116
A true artist can make a great music on anything.
Even on your mother.
>>
>>330361279
Reason, Logic, Ableton Live, Avid
>>
>>330361928
traktor is not suitable for production. it's aimed purely at DJ'ing.
>>
The programs Solar Fields uses listed on his site are:
Divide Frame - Spectral Layers
Kyma X
Native Instrument
Arturia
Spectrasonics
Sony
Steinberg
Camel Audio

He could be using vegas to make a rough edit of the song that matches the cues of a cutscene or something. Maybe then he refines that edit in better programs.
If it sounds good and fits the purpose, does it matter what programs he uses?
>>
>>330362260
Eh, really? Well shit.
>>
>>330361279
Sony also has ACID.
>>
>>330362727
aye.

the premise of this thread is pretty silly.
most major DAW offerings these days are on pretty similar footings.

most high-end software based audio processing is done not through the DAW's own set of tools but by external plugins, so you could process a plugin (vst) synth through a vst EQ in two completely different DAWs and walk away with identical results.
someone working at DICE has the budget to not have to worry about using shitty included effects.

there might be millisecond timing issues but that's largely a problem that's been corrected (i believe ableton live still has plugin latency delay compensation issues). even then those timing issues will almost always be imperceptible unless you go in and look at shit.

picking a DAW these days is mostly about workflow and even then familiarity with software usually trumps software design.

you hear a lot of relatively experienced people spouting stupid shit though. i know a few guys who've been making tunes professionally for over a decade who swear logic's 'sound engine' sounds 'warmer' than ableton live's even after i've demonstrated an example like the one above where you can literally phase cancel the outputted results.

no one should use Reason though. that shit is fucking awful.
>>
I like FL Studio. My musician friend used it, so I'm just following suit.
>>
>>330363595
>Get constant shit from friends for using mixcraft
>still get more gigs then they do.

results are the only thing that matters. kudos anon.
>>
>>330361405
post dick
>>
File: 1358024079266.gif (12 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1358024079266.gif
12 KB, 209x193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc2gGycBXc
>>
File: pt.png (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pt.png
84 KB, 800x600
It's even in the fucking name ffs
>>
>implying the tools matter when the outcome is good
>>
File: end my life_face.jpg (44 KB, 465x462) Image search: [Google]
end my life_face.jpg
44 KB, 465x462
>mfw not a single one of these audio experts has yet come even close to Eric and Terri Brosius

And the kicker is they weren't even game developers when they began working at Looking Glass.
>>
>>330363595
OH SHIT DID SOMEONE SAY TRUMP??
>>
>people actually think the software used to make music determines how good that music is
kek
Do you also think musicians have to have a million followers on facebook before they're good too?
>>
>>330365132
>pt
you have to be literally autistic to understand that shit
it's black magic I swear
>>
>>330361279
>Fruity loops

Is this a reference to metroid prime?
>>
>>330363595
>no one should use Reason though. that shit is fucking awful.
Why?
Is it "muh vst" or are you just too babby to learn the interface?
>>
>>330361279
to make music?
a real instrument
>>
File: fasttracker2.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fasttracker2.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>not making all your music exclusively in Dance eJay 2
plz
>>
>>330365543
No, its a reference to Fruity Loops, the audio program.
>>
>>330365605
the proprietary plugin format is large part of it. it just locks you out of an incredibly large library of tools everyone else can use.

the interface is unnecessarily skeumorphic imo - it's very neat being able to flip over the rack the first few times but it's inefficient imo.

also the fact that you have to pay for R6 upwards should just send any aspiring musicians away because the lack of native audio format support pre-6 is frankly unforgivable.

they remind me apple in some ways, but without any of the redeeming qualities.

but i'm just fucking around, use what you want to get the job done.
>>
>>330365741
Mike placement matters a lot more then what fucking daw you use.
>>
>>330361279
Reaper
>>
File: Jam_with_the_Band.jpg (38 KB, 256x231) Image search: [Google]
Jam_with_the_Band.jpg
38 KB, 256x231
>>330365784
not making musik to jam with the band it's musiknot based and I can't read notes
>>
>>330366131
I agree with your points but I still enjoy using reason.
Sucks having human tendencies, I guess.
>>
I know a little music theory but have no idea how to make music, whenever I ask someone who does they just tell me to wing it, but I have no idea how. Isn't there some more useful advice?
>>
>>330365741
What makes electronic music not a real instrument?
>>
>>330361116
Fucking moron they showed the trailer in the making...
>>
Actual music producer here

Solar Fields uses either Ableton Live or Logic.
>>
>>330367254
try picking up a cheap keyboard and try to write simple songs with it.

Also listening to the music u like and listening to how it's structured helps sometimes
>>
>>330365543
I'm curious, how did you think that was a Metroid Prime reference?
>>
>>330361116
sony vegas is a music application first and a video editor second. heck it started out as a music editor and later added video. sage.
>>
>>330367254

Listen to a lot of songs over and over again. Try to break them down into individual components as you're listening. Pick a few songs and try to recreate them in a music-maker program without looking up sheet music.
>>
>>330366190
>not making all of your music in electroplankton
>>
>>330368434
Kek no, no it's not a music app.
>>
>>330367254
Search for the multi track/stems for "Rock with You - Michael Jackson"

That right there should give you a small glimpse at a near completed project of a full song, complete with all audio channels, non cut tape starts and ends with chatter, faux vocals from the producer, and a metronome throughout the whole song.
>>
>>330368656
Kek yes, yes it's a music app.
>>
>>330362552

very cool, was just listening to random friday
>>
>>330361116
I used to do it. It's weird but Sony Vegas is really good for sound mixing, I actually sometimes use Sony Vegas for creating sounds instead of Adobe Audition sometimes because of that.
>>
>>330368772
Can you even load VSTs there? There isn't even a fucking piano roll, anon.
>>
>>330361116
it ain't the medium, it's the artist
>>
>>330361116
I wouldn't say "shit", just unprofessional.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.