[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For somebody who just beat Bloodborne and is planning on buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Would I like it?
>>
>>330359097
No. Get away from that shit as fast as you can
>>
just wait for 3 senpai
>>
>>330359097
SotFS is breddy good.
>>
>>330359097
It's good, if you liked dark souls 1 and bloodborne you'll like 2. It doesn't have any of the magic 1 had though.
>>
Yet another shit souls thread
>>
>>330359598
Never played 1 Bloodborne was my first "Souls" game
>>
>>330359762
Play 1 first then, it's far and away the better game.
>>
I think it's better than dark souls 1

Pros:
Better netcode so you see summon signs more often and there are less failed invasions
Superior omni-directional rolling (you can only roll in 4 directions in DS, in DS2 you can roll in any direction)
More variety in weapon movesets, many weapons have completely unique movesets with strange properties, especially in the DLC areas
Literally every single weapon in the game is viable and can be powerful with the right build
Better PvP, mostly because backstabbing is much less effective and humanities don't exist
Better upgrade system, requires much less grinding for materials
More variety in armors, fashion souls
Poise is gone so fags can't just poise through everything and R1 spam

Flaws:
limited gank invasion items, only duels are unlimited
"slow" movement (walking at minimum speed) is wonky and makes you move in only 4 directions, like DS rolling
Ugly area textures
Ogres and the fire salamander enemies are fucking retarded garbage with bad coding
4chan /v/ won't stop shitposting about it because the graphics got downgraded for consoles
>>
First half is fine, second half is shit
>>
>>330359598

Don't listen to this anon. The only way to enjoy Dark Souls 2 is if you haven't already spoiled yourself with Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne,
>>
>>330359097
it's great but flawed. play it.
>>
I beat bloodborne not to long ago, and played through two more times with different builds and such. First souls game, so I got 2 for XBone, and I'm loving it.

Gonna get the third one, then best the first.

My order is fucked.
>>
>>330360089
You don't get it. He's asking for games on his PS4 because he's strapped for games to play on it for some odd reason.

Yeah OP get it but if you want you could wait for DaS 3 and decide then. Idk if you will be able to finish it before DaS 3 it's the longest of the games.

I don't know it's really 50/50 chance of whether you will like it. It's a risk.
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed it but a lot less than every other game in the series. My biggest complaints other than Soul Memory are the terrible animations and weapon move sets
>>
>>330359097
Nigger go watch gameplay videos or something. Are you this much of a fucking baby that you don't know what you like and don't like by now? Why does every fucking faggot need to keep making threads like this on /v/? How the hell should I know if you'll like it or not. Goddamn son.
>>
>>330360467
>Poise is gone
>Pro
So cutting features is better than balancing them? Guess you'll skip DaS3 then because poise is back you faggot.
>>
It's not as bad as everyone makes out. I started with Dark 1, moved on to Demon's then Dark 2 before Bloodborne and enjoyed every one for different reasons. Dark and Bloodborne are the best in the series but Dark 2's pretty decent, the worst in a very good series of games making it above average.
>>
>>330361065
I think OP would've also liked some discussion on the subject as well as information. It's kinda the purpose of /v/, to discuss games.
>>
The only thing good about it is the PvP because of how accessible it is and wide range of builds you can freely make and redo to your hearts content. Hitboxes and lagstab phantom damage aside it's still pretty fun and is the only reason I continue to play.
>>
>>330361081
Poise is in the game, Idk what the fuck this faggot is talking about. You can poise break bosses.
>>
>>330359097
If you liked Bloodborne, you wouldn't like Dark Souls 2. You're going from the fastest gameplay in the series, to the slowest gameplay in the series.

Just play Demons Souls instead.
>>
>>330359097
Don't buy it, Dark souls and Blood borne are the best. Dark souls 3 will be good too I think
>>
>>330359726
Problem solved.
>>
>>330360961
You should really be playing the first game because DaS3 will be making heavy references to the first game that you will not understand.
>>
DaS2 is the slowest of the bunch, so going from BB to it may be pretty jarring.

It's got the superior PVP solely because the metagame isn't centered on backstabs, but the most lackluster PVE.
>>
>>330361513
Nah op is getting what we wanted.
>>
As someone who has played bb and sotfs recently, no. The git detection is too wonky and there are a lot of tracking overheads. Ds1 is much better. That said I have put way more time into ds2. Around 200 hours in the 360 version and around 90 on ps4
>>
>>330361696
But there's a difference in Dark Souls 2. Yeah it's there but the mechanic works in a different way. Something related to how it build up when you receive damage. Anyway it end up being completely useless regarding the player character and as consequence, armor are rendered useless in 2.
>>
>>330362450
Its less the build up and more the slow down. Poise builds up so slow most of the time the fastest way to get rid of stagger build up is to get hit again and staggered.
>>
Nah, it fucking sucks.
>>
>>330361081
>>330362450
In DS2 armor is for damage reduction and elemental resistance or for special properties instead of just for letting you R1 spam your zweihander.

Poise still works fine in PVE as long as you know how it functions (it has in invisible bar that slowly decreases, kind of like Stun gauge in street fighter games) and back off a bit after taking a hit.

Personally I think Poise was a stupid mechanic from the start and should have never existed in the first place. It's just a crutch mechanic for bad play.
>>
>>330363626
>back off a bit
It comes back at like half a point per second.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x250
>>330359097
i did that

got the plat and all

it'll feel like shit next to godborne, but you'll still enjoy it

at least i did...
>>
>>330359097
Fuck no.
>>
>>330363626
I think it makes the games feel more natural and the flow of the game is better. Exchanging stun blows one at a time with your enemy just looks weird.
>>
>>330360467
Poise isn't gone
Poise just works differently
Poise is very effective if you know what you're doing and are using an ultra weapon
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iCrOdAGp3uQ9I0VgQYU2Ug2d4w2PbQZhBnobLakaMs/
>>
>>330359097
Unlikely
>>330359762
Then definately not. Take a break for a while to get you out of the Bloodborne mindset (DS is a much more methodical game), then play 1
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.