[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many points should I invest in hacking? Are there any meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 92928_front.jpg (399 KB, 1530x1760) Image search: [Google]
92928_front.jpg
399 KB, 1530x1760
How many points should I invest in hacking?
Are there any meme augments?
>>
File: 1421893969709.jpg (527 KB, 850x947) Image search: [Google]
1421893969709.jpg
527 KB, 850x947
>meme x
Stop
>>
>>330358215
They're all more or less useful depending on your play style, if I remember it correctly.

Put enough points to hack max level panels, we both know you'll want it. A couple into more stealthy hacking wouldn't hurt too, I guess.
>>
>>330358215
>meme augments

extra arm strength for pointless tragedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtByec8vGB4
>>
>meme augment
Typhoon
>meme weapon
Stun gun
>meme playstyle
Pacifist
>>
>>330359116
I don't even understand what the fuck should that mean. Speak english, you stupid mongoloid faggot.
>>
Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle
>>
>>330359116
>best playstyle is a meme
???
>>
>>330358215

I'm playing currently OP. Just the first and 4th are needed. It's pretty easy to acquire syop and nuclear items if you're having trouble.
>>
>>330358496
>They're all more or less useful
Mark and Track

Actually, the entire Stealth Enhancer tree is unmitigated dogshit
>>
>>330361407
yeah
RIP
>>
>>330358215
>Hacking: Analyze
>Hacking: Fortify
>Recoil Compensation
>Aim Stabilizer
Fucking useless
>>
File: 1449036972303-0.jpg (48 KB, 329x313) Image search: [Google]
1449036972303-0.jpg
48 KB, 329x313
>>330358215
What the fuck is "meme augments" even supposed to mean?
>>
I can't get into this game. I liked the original way back when but I've played I'm actually trying to enjoy this one but I'm not feeling it after 4 hours worth of play.
>>
>>330358215

As much as you want, honestly you will have more than enough points to get every upgrade. But the activatable augments are shit, don't get any of them.

Also make sure you get high jump as quick as possible, makes the game so much more fun to play.
>>
Something something death and taxes.
-Confucious
>>
>Good in General
Level 5 Hacking with Level 3 Hacking Stealth
Larger Inventory
Double Takedown
>Good for exploring
Lifting Heavy Objects
Super Jump with Icarus Landing
Wall Punch
>Good for pussies
Max cloak with additional energy cells
Body armour with EMP shield
Turret Domination
>Crap
Everything else
>Just The Fucking Worst
Mark and Track
>>
>>330361762
I'd really love to love the pacifist playstyle, that's how I played the game, but playing a pacifist ghost becomes a tedious, low-risk game of ten little niggers on every level.

Now, if guards noticed that their comrades are missing and changed their behaviour accordingly, if non-lethal takedowns were longer and noisier than lethal ones, or if KO'd guards would get up after a while, that'd make it exciting throughout.
>>
>>330364936
Have you gotten to Hengsha yet?
You should at least play that far before giving up.
>>
>>330365332
>if KO'd guards would get up
Without immediate medical attention, most of them are probably never going to get up ever again
>>
>>330364936

The hubs are the good part of the game. I kinda felt the same. HR is really linear feeling at first which shitty samey office buildings and the most obviously huge vents the crawl through. It was kinda shit.

But once you get to the Detroit hub it gets good, and the Hengsha hub is even better. There are a few more linear levels after that but you should have enough augs to make it fun by this point.

>>330365279

This guy is right. Also make sure to get everything in the good for exploring tier. It makes the game a whole lot more fun to play when you can just jump across rooftops and throw shit around.
>>
>>330358215

Go balls deep on hacking, the Icarus landing augmentation that lets you safely fall from tall heights is pretty useless except at Hengsha, and even then you won't use it much.
>>
>>330365672
Even if the animation doesn't play, Icarus passively turns off all fall damage
>>
I would definitely get the optical camo stealth upgrades. Avoid wasting points into additional batteries because they don't recharge automatically. As for hacking it's hard to say. I don't remember hacking giving me super awesome shit but it certainly made some things a lot easier. It's pretty great not needing to hunt for passwords and shit and just breaking right in. Also get inventory size upgrades when you can for quality of life.
>>
>>330358215

hacking is very important, as is wall punching. Also typhoon for cheesing bosses/bots
>>
>>330364521
>Fortify
>Useless

Are you kidding me, anon? Stop Worms are hardly scarce, but fortifying nodes to give you more time in higher level hacks can save you a lot of time and get you a lot of shit.
>>
>>330358215
I usually go up to level 4 hacking with turret hacking, and throw a few points into Stealth and Fortify. But I love the hacking in this game, so you may not feel the same.

Analyze is at first a literally useless augment. It does unlock a smaller sub-augment that allows you to see inside datastores before hacking them, but they always have something good in them so there's really no point.

Beyond that the Mark & Track is pretty useless, especially if you have Smart Vision or even just an upgraded radar. But everything else in the Stealth Enhancer is pretty ok, definitely good for ghost/pacifist runs.
>>
>>330363723
>cone of vision
>sound range display
>last known location marker

eat shit, anon. Stealth Enhancer is totally worth it.
>>
> playing non-lethal
> in a game where HAND take downs are limited
>>
>>330365332

Pacifist ghost run is fucking easy.

What's hard is fighting the game's tendency to randomly kill people you only KO'd for no apparent reason than laying on the wrong geometry.

It's not playing that becomes tedious, but constantly checking bodies before you leave to be sure the code doesn't fuck your shit up behind your back.
>>
>>330370160
Get fucked buddy, those are all terrible

>should have figured out how far people can see for yourself by the time you get it
>should have figured out how far sound travels for yourself by the time you get it
>ever being seen
The augments are garbage and so are you if you find them useful
>>
>>330370160
If you're even half decent at stealth they're not worth it.
>>
>>330364164

:^)
>>
File: 1440690210715.jpg (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440690210715.jpg
27 KB, 200x200
>play as a pacifist
>give hundreds of people brain damage
>>
>>330358215
stealth hack and level hack skills are invaluable. Hack everything, the exp system in this game is fucked.
>>
>>330358215
Depending what difficulty and what style you are playing (stealth or loud) you dont really need to put any in hacking to complete the game, but I would put 3 so you can hack level 3, and buy instant hack unlocks for level 4 or 5
>>
>>330365570
kek
>>
>>330358215
wall breaking is pretty meme tier
also anything involving batteries and/or UI additions
>>
>>330374306
You can get wall breaking FOR FREE though.

If that makes it worth the two times you use it is debatable though.
>>
>>330365279
You don't really need wall punching. There are plenty of ways to smash walls that are just as effective and don't consume upgrade points. Grenades, placing a mine on the wall and shooting it, or my personal favorite: exploding revolver shots.

On that note, explosive revolver bullets are quite possibly the coolest and most helpful item in the whole goddamn game.
>>
>hacking.

Hacking in this game drove me to the brink. there is too much hacking.
>>
>>330364669
How fucking stupid are you? Just like in 1 environmental is a meme skill, as in people will only recommend it if they are memeing
>but muh dickshunary
fuck off
>>
>>330371662
Alpha Protocol does this best.
Every time you knock someone out, a counter for hospital bills goes up in your stats screen.
Killing people adds to a counter for orphans created.
Mudslimes add more to it than other enemies.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.