[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM BUILDER 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: doomselfie2.0.png (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
doomselfie2.0.png
74 KB, 640x480
Any Doom Builders here?

Simple question: I made a map. I can play on it, with and without mods; I made a second map, but I can't play on it at all. At best, I can test it from DB2, but without Zandronum improvements and such.

Thing is, MAP01 is a piece of shit I made to get used to the program, while MAP02 is me making a fucking effort.

They have the same configuration and everything. I tried opening MAP03, but I can't play that either. Somehow, I can only play MAP01.

Also, and this may be connected, how do you get several maps into a single WAD? For now, each map is a different WAD. Could this be why I can't run any other level? That'd be fairly retarded, though.

Halp.
>>
File: prison.png (164 KB, 1870x1003) Image search: [Google]
prison.png
164 KB, 1870x1003
Early stage of my first serious level.

I'm making it more linear than the usual Doom map. I don't enjoy mazes much.
>>
I haven't used Doom Builder in a while. Want to get back into it but I've gotten rusty.

I know there's a bunch of different configurations, but which one should I be using?
>>
>>330354620

I use Doom 2.

I add, as resources, TNT, Plutonia, Ultimate Doom, and Doom 2. But I choose Doom 2 when asked in the beginning, that's what most people do.
>>
>>330354752
>I add, as resources, TNT, Plutonia, Ultimate Doom, and Doom 2.

How do you do that?
>>
>>330355038

>add resources

Then you select the WAD.

I managed to save MAP02 into MAP01, the WAD, now I can play my second map!

But it lacks textures, probably because I used other textures than those in Doom 2.

Is there a way to have everything fucking merge? Why is this shit so complicated?
>>
How do I change a level's name?

>Doom 2
>all my maps have the title they have in Doom 2
>>
File: db2_screenshot1.png (502 KB, 1081x797) Image search: [Google]
db2_screenshot1.png
502 KB, 1081x797
>>
How many maps per WAD? Is 32 a max?
>>
Nobody?
>>
>>330353989
there's a pretty active community on /vr/ for doom you might want to check out
>>
I merged my maps and now I can't play either... What the fuck is going on?
>>
Why is this shit so random?

>now you can play
>now you don't
>why
>because you changed the name of the wad?
>because fuck you?
>>
File: doomguy.jpg (476 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.jpg
476 KB, 800x800
Nope but i used to make shit for DN3D back in the day. It'd be cool if the new Doom came with modding tools, Super Doomio Maker of sorts.
>>
>>330357428

Don't expect it.
>>
>>330357637
I dont.
>>
I deleted "backup" files that got added next to my WAD. Could this be the reason?
>>
>>330355618
>rotated at a 45 degree angle

For what purpose?
>>
>>330357428
I think it is coming with a level editor though.
>>
>>330357864

Not my map. My maps are shit, and now I can't play them. Fucking raging.
>>
Tried a new map, and I cannot fucking play it.

What the FUCK am I doing wrong?
>>
>>330358370

Found the problem:

>if map isn't literally called MAPXX, you are fucked

Now I can save my other maps. Thanks me.

Fucking stupid editor.

Recommend me other games with good editors, this time.

I'm obsessed with creating worlds because the idea of evolving in a creation that has a clear creator and a clear purpose gives me an existential break from life where I am not sure there is a God and I'm not sure about the goal either.

I don't care if that's not normie enough for anyone, this is why I love vidya.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.