[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they so godawful compared to the other Nintendo branches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 20110302noa.jpg (51 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
20110302noa.jpg
51 KB, 668x190
Why are they so godawful compared to the other Nintendo branches?
>>
>>330351110
They aren't

No one really complained about them prior to the stuff in FE: Fates

Yeah, memes in games and on social media fucking suck and all, but it's really not worth losing sleep over
>>
Because

>of America
>>
>>330351452
people have been bitching about them for well over a decade and thats not including the much much earlier censorship and policies they had during the 3rd and 4th gen
>>
Japan branch is just as bad. Don't know shit about Europe though
>>
All the real talented higher-ups either got old and retired and left and took jobs elsewhere.
>>
File: 1457633060804.jpg (54 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
1457633060804.jpg
54 KB, 668x190
>>330351110
>>
Because North America contains the largest concentration of Nintenyearolds that will let them get away with whatever shit they do.

>i'm tired of nintendo's bullshit!
>here you go kiddies, it's a NEW 3DS with a triforce sticker on it!
>OMGOMGOMG GOTTA HAVE THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO MUH CHILDHOOD
>>
File: Sonic.png (623 KB, 1024x1301) Image search: [Google]
Sonic.png
623 KB, 1024x1301
>>330351110
If you truly want to make a difference in gaming, NEVER work for an American branch of a Japanese company, it's modern day slavery.
>>
>>330355720
I read that in Jaleel White!Sonic's "Sonic Sez" voice.
>>
NoE have fucked up too, for example we have Bayo1+2 in every copy, and they don't
>>
>Calls itself Nintendo of "America"
>Doesn't give a fuck about anything that's not USA
>>
>>330351452
How fucking new are you?

NoA hae been SHIT for a long, long timr. Between all the needless censorship, the shit quantities of copies of Devil's Third, the ridiculous amount of time it took to bring the N3DS non XL and forcing you tu buy it in a shitty bundle not to mention Fatal Frame being digital only. They removed content from Xenoblade X, Bravely Second and FE, as if splitting a game into THREE parts that easily fit in a single cart wasn't bad enough. NoA is pure fucking cancer, Fils-Amie should get fired asap fuck that faggot. This all happened in the recent year, bother to look back at how shit our Club Nintendo rewards were compared to EU and JP. Also how shitty their marketing was for big games because "lol its not Mario". Lurk more faggot.
>>
>Refuses to acknowledge angry customers
>Refuses to acknowledge the amiibo shortage
>Refuses to answer genuine concerns
>Treats their fanbase and customers like shit
>Censors the fuck out of the most nonsensical bullshit because they want to be the super family friendly company everyone sees them as

Their most recent sin, in my eyes:
>Hey guy's we're localizing SMTxFE
>It's gonna use the original Japanese VA!
>But we are changing and censoring outfits
>After all, all those people who got hooked on Fates are gonna want to play this!
>>
>>330351110
SJW.
>>
>>330351110
They're located in Washington
>>
memes
>>
>>330359271
Don't forget that they can't advertise for shit
>>
>>330351110

old men
>>
>>330351110
You don't know anything about NoE, do you?
>>
>>330362097
They brought over Xenoblade and Last Story didn't they? They seem good to me.
>>
>>330362097
>gaved xenoblade to the west and made you REALY FEELING IT M8!
>Shibata is cool dude
>zero (0) memes in the game
we do have the cut content but only because we are forced to the same version has NoA. Makes me wonder why since NoE translates the game from Japanese to british english anyway..
>>
>>330351110
NoA and NoJ are both terrible.
>>
>>330351110
They hire SJW's and put them into positions where they can determine the overall message of whats being portrayed by a given title.
>>
>>330351110
All of the branches are terrible.
>>
I'm a Nintendo third party dev. And let me tell you, NoA is shit at getting things done on time. It's funny that NoE is a lot better at these things and are much nicer, too.
>>
>>330365932
>It's funny that NoE is a lot better at these things
For example?
>>
File: charliemug.jpg (14 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
charliemug.jpg
14 KB, 264x240
>>330358141
>NOA hae been SHIT for a long, long timr
>list a bunch of stuff that happened over the past 6 months
>>
are they gonna continue the censorship trend for NX? Looks like I'll be importing
>>
>>330362097
You kidding? NoE's been throwing out special editions and discounts on the eShop trying to even get attention. They're improving by a lot, they and NoA have basically swapped positions.
>>
>>330368852
because they oppened the shitcan in the last year. before that, they were ok.
>>
E3 2008 was the beginning of the end for me personally. The Operation Rainfall incident is what pushed me over the edge though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.