[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Assassin's Creed so much /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: ac.jpg (70 KB, 480x365) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
70 KB, 480x365
Why do you hate Assassin's Creed so much /v/?
>>
Hate is a strong word. I just don't find the story nor gameplay interesting
>>
It should be very obvious why these games suck giant balls.
>>
It's always the same
>>
It has Charles Lee in it and I don't like Charles Lee
>>
2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag were GOAT.
>>
>>330348191
I'm not into social politics, fuck off asshole.
>>
I really liked 2, Brotherhood, and Bloodlines. I never owned 1 so I can't comment on it but afterwards they all started to feel the same. Not saying Brotherhood didn't piggyback off of 2 but I like how they added that multiplayer and the ability to recruit and send assassins on missions. Black flag was a shit AC game but one of the best pirate games I've ever played.
>>
>>330348370
This.

And I don't hate AC. I hate myself for playing them.
>>
>>330348191
it's popular, therefore it MUST be bad
>>
well, my problem with the games is that til the third game they clearly improved some litle bits of the game, like that extending grapling shit that made like 80% more jumps posible, stuff like that, but after the third game all of them just went full fkin stupid, the retarded one where you had to play Winetou i couldnt play more than like 1 hour... Black Flag was okay cause of the ships.
I would like Sincreed games, but they just fucking milk the series, they dont even try anymore.
>>
>>330348191
>implying I hate Swashbuckling: The Series
>>
I don't. They're alright.

I'm not a cynical teenage hate machine you see.
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183 KB, 480x502
>>330348191
I'm suppose be impressed they can read and comprehend high school history classes?
The fact they had to make such dramatic alterations to most of what happen in history to the point it's just names and places echos how little they really cared about making a good piece of alternate history fiction
>>
>>330348191
holy fuck wow its almost as if the developers googled the bios for these people and made the game around that
>>
>>330348370
This.

The games are fine if you look at them one by one, pretending the others in the series don't exist. I loved AC 1 and 2. But then they just kept releasing the same game over and over. It got tedious really fast. Even black flag, that /v/ told me was good was just the same old shit.
>>
>>330348191
because the idea was drag and beaten to an ugly pulp
AC1 was flawed but a fun ride
AC2 improved a lot and still care about historical accuracy
Brotherhood was flawed but fun
Revelations was the same but had very nice closer
AC3? garbage. Gameplay was worse, plot was a huge mess, cast was uninteresting and two dimensional. It was a sign of what was to come.
AC4 felt like the CoD of the series where it was frame around the lowest common denominator
I stop after that
The series was just a mess that I knew Unity and Syndicate had no hope.
>>
>>330348191
You can play the same exact game only so many times.
>>
sooo since Syndicate is in the PSN for 35 bucks. Is it worth it now? How is the DLC? How is LONDON represented?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 225x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 225x339
Generic and boring, doesn't push any boundary and has the safest gameplay ever where you just can't lose.

Literally run and press A every once in a while to activate a sick combo.
>>
>>330349876
I agree with everything except >generic
How is AC generic if I may ask?
>>
>>330349670
If you generally like AC you'll like it. It's alright, nothing special but definitely one of the better ones. Still below AC2, BF and Brotherhood.

The DLC fucking sucks though. Fucking awful. They fucking ruined it, they had so much potential. Leave it to Ubisoft to fuck up Jack the goddamn Ripper.
>>
>>330349960

Some >cool dude going around killing people, which is the concept of 99% of triple a games on the market. Got tired of that trope by 2009.
>>
>>330350149
great then I´ll give it a try. Since I only played the seemingly shitty ones 1,3, Unity I hope it gets better with that title.
>>
That's neat. But it was way too bombastic. No stealth, fucking ships for some reason. The most fun part was fucking people up with your fists by doing wrestling moves or some shit.
Oh, and WHERE'S CHARLES LEE.
>>
>>330348191

>defends a mediocre series
>posts a picture from the worst installment

Not helping your case there bud.
>>
In retrospect AC3 was pretty good.
>>
Man, Ubisoft's astroturfers are out in force this week.
>>
>>330349960
Kind of made itself generic when they made like 10 games that are the fucking same
>>
File: 1440411135541.jpg (28 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1440411135541.jpg
28 KB, 350x335
>>330348191
I played them all up to Unity.

Hated Revelations. Thought 3 was underwhelming. Liked the rest.
>>
I put 70 hours into Syndicate and had a great time with it.
>>
>>330350703
no it wasnt. Black Flag was the real AC3
>>
The series has some good and some bad. One thing they really need to do away with is the automatic item locations filling up on your map. There's no satisfying discovery you can make because it's all prescribed by the simple act of climbing up a tower to hit a button. Lame.
>>
The series is stale, and there's not much they can do to revitalize it.

I still enjoy the games to be quite honest, each one is a little slice of interactive history, and the production values are fantastic.
>>
>>330350636
>OP only asked a question
>is defending

I just want you to know that you are a special kind of stupid, and we're on 4chan so that's saying something. And before you ask, yes, I suck dicks
>>
I only played 4. It was alright because I really like pirates but it was pretty obvious how barebones the series is even from one game; there's basically only 2 mission types on foot and the side content was some of the most repetitive shit I've ever seen in a game.
>>
>>330350330
how did you even do that
>>
>>330350703
stop posting this
no it wasn't and never will be
>>
>>330348191
The gameplay is pretty shiet. There are better games for stealth and better games for combat.
>>
File: 1446083488549.jpg (25 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
1446083488549.jpg
25 KB, 400x406
>>330348676
That's not why most people here dislike it.
>>
File: assassins feel.png (82 KB, 350x322) Image search: [Google]
assassins feel.png
82 KB, 350x322
>tfw there will never be a multiplayer version of the ship battles in ACIV

life truly is suffering.
>>
What really pisses me off is that the actually interesting settings like China and USSR are regulated to fucking side scrollers.
>>
reminder that there is gonna be a trailer for the movie in 2 weeks
>>
Wasted potential the series

They could had done SO much with the historical mythos but choose to ayylum it up and rehash it nonstop.

Since they finally are taking their time to make the next one it might be wort playing again
>>
Assassin's Creed is about as mediocre as game can get and is one of my examples on why vidya games shouldn't be pumped out yearly.
>>
>>330352620
i'm not saying that games should have 12 year development like boyhood either.
>>
>>330351320
Everytime I bought it on sale for 10 bucks max.
>>
>>330348515
Couldn't agree more, literally the only ones worth playing
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.