[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DND
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Dungeons-and-Dragons-characters.jpg (192 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Dungeons-and-Dragons-characters.jpg
192 KB, 1024x576
Why aren't there more Rpgs, Mmos, and Sandbox survival games Etc. that are within the Dungeons and Dragons universe?
>>
Nobody likes DnD
>>
licensing cost
>>
>>330346019
makes sense desu
>>
Because most people got tired of Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>330346063
I think people just got tired of the Sword Coast. Forgotten Realms can be pretty interesting but the majority of the games were focused solely on that little stretch of the world.
>>
>>330345912
Because usuing the D&D license usually means using D&D game mechanics too and tabletop mechanics are fucking shit for videogames.

There's a reason that Japanese D&D ripoffs from 1987 are better than any real D&D game. Protip: the #1 reason is replacing the ridiculous mechanic that is Armour Class with defence and evasion stats.
>>
>>330346501
Maztica fucking when?
>>
File: 1414100329826.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1414100329826.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>330346063
YOU got tired of FR, most people got tired of none of the games being good.
>>
There's a game coming out sometime this year I think, it has a concept similar to what Fable Legends was going to be but more in depth. As in 4 guys play the heroes and 1 guy is the dungeon master, seems pretty cool but all my friends are normies and only play shooters and casual RPGs so I don't think I'll end up getting it
>>
>>330347585
Do you mean Sword Coast Legends? It came out last year and was absolute garbo
>>
>>330347585
Don't get it, it's terrible.
>>
>>330347646
Really, last year? Well I wasn't really following it, weird I didn't see any reviews or anything.

Why was it so bad?
>>
>>330348089
the campaign was just dungeon-crawling, no roleplaying or out-of-combat challenges involved, and the DM tools were really limited and boring.
>>
>>330345912
The official Dungeons and Dragons universe is generic as fuck. Really no reason to use it when you can just have your own generic fantasy universe thats exactly the same and not have to pay for this >>330346019
>>
I'm glad
D&D has shitty mechanics based on a best-fit for tabletop gameplay, however in a computer setting it is outdated, simplistic and quite simply inferior to most other rpg's on the market
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.