[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best version of each of those Final Fantasy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: Final Fantasy.png (287 KB, 740x427) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.png
287 KB, 740x427
Whats the best version of each of those Final Fantasy?
>>
FFXIII
>>
>1
PSP
>2
NES
>3
DS
>IV
DS
>V
GBA
>VI
SNES
>>
>>330337896
PSP
PSP
DS
Highly Debatale, PSP if purist and sprite lover, DS if you like difficulty and voice acting
GBA
PS1

Don't know about IOS or Steam releases.
>>
1-4 psp
5-6 gba with sound restoration patch
>>
>>330338038
>PS1
>load times for a fucking SNES game
>LOAD TIMES FOR FUCKING BRINGING UP THE EQUIPMENT MENU

lolno

those PS1 ports are fucking embarrassing and everyone involved in their creation should feel ashamed.
>>
>>330337985
>implying

2 on NES? I'd say GBA or iOS/Android/Steam if they ever released it.

6 has an Android/PC release too and it's pretty much the best version right now. I already got used to the new graphics. they're fine.
>>
>>330338173
Final Fantasy 2 is such a complete piece of nearly unplayable garbage that the only thing that makes it possible to play through is the infinite strength glitch from the NES version.

I mean it's a complete piece of utter dogshit, in an ideal world nobody should play ANY version of it, but I think the NES version is the best simply because you can glitch your way past the game's bullshit.
>>
why not 1, 2, 3 and 4 for gba? Whats the difference between the psp and ds version besides graphics?
>>
>>330338162
I was thinking about the inclusion of the FMV vids.
Makes it more definitive.
>>
>>330338173
>I already got used to the new graphics. they're fine.

Stockholm Syndrome much?
>>
>>330337896
>FF1
PS1 since the later ones fucked the magic system
>FF2
PSP
>FF3
DS
>FF4
PSP
>FF5
GBA
>FF6
GBA with restoration patches if emulating, SNES if playing on an actual cartridge
>>
>>330338365
More definitive my ass. the SNES version didn't have load times every time you touch the controller.

as someone who didn't have a disc based console until the Gamecube, I can't fucking stand load times.
>>
>>330338462
>had n64 over playstation

You poor thing you
>>
1 - PS1

- Origins retains the difficulty settings of the original game while still fixing a lot of the bugs that plagued the original version. You can even make it easy if you want to be a wuss about it.

2 - PS1

II on NES has a lot of bugs. Origins fixes them. I heard this one is a bit easier than its original even on normal settings, but I cannot confirm this.

III - PSP/PC

I hear the PC one has performance issues, and if's that's true then the late PSP port is the winner, but these versions allow you to access the DS' online content junk without having to find other people with the game.

I think it's worth mentioning though that the remake was substantially different from the original version, and an argument could be thus made that you should play an emulated/translated original NES version.

IV - Varies

GBA has the original look and play of the game. PSP has prettier sprites with the same gameplay. DS has new gameplay and systems and is much harder but might be my favorite version. This one is largely preference.

V - GBA

I have nothing to say about this one. The PS1 version sucks.

VI - GBA...or just SNES

The GBA version has extra content, but the SNES version has no real issues with it. EIther way you're fine.
>>
Why does everyone recomends FF3 DS version instead of the PSP but not the same with FF4? Just curious
>>
>>330338860
I actually had tons of friends to play 4 player games with rather than a bunch of single player JRPG autismfests where you spend more time loading than playing.

plus my system had the best game of all time on it
>>
>>330339001
There's no debate, n64 is a bad console, nintendos worst infact
>>
>>330337985
best answer
>>
>>330338971
All the versions of FF3 are the same, they're not two different games like FF4
The PSP one is marginally better but since it's import only it's way harder to track down
>>
>>330338971
FF3 PSP wasn't released in the US so a lot of people don't know it exists.

as for FF4 it's a bunch of sprite purists who don't want the challenge of the DS game.
>>
>>330338320
1 & 2/Dawn of Souls is fucking shite m8
>>
>>330338916
>II on NES has a lot of bugs
bugs that actually make the game better to play since they circumvent the garbage leveling system and allow you to bypass the artificial difficulty

It's not the bugs that make FF2 a kusoge, it's the entire design of the game.
>>
>>330338038
>ff6 ps1
Hell no. Get the Gba version with fixed audio patch and have fun.
>>
>>330338162
I hadn't played V and VI, so I bought Anthology so I could play them (I can't get very into games when I emulate them) and although I haven't played VI yet, the load times in V aren't very bad, I don't mind them at all, I don't know if VI's load times are worse, but personally I feel that Anthology gets more shit than it should for the load times.
>>
>>330339694
The VERY FACT that the Anthology games even HAVE load times is inexcusable, it's not like the music is some new CD quality orchestral score versions of the songs or the graphics were completely redone.
They are shit ports done by incompetent assholes who have no idea what they're doing.

If fucking Vib-Ribbon could load the ENTIRE game onto the system RAM, how come these can't? Because they were rushed out to make a quick buck and nobody making them cared.

They are 100% a worse experience then you'll get with any of the cartridge based versions.
>>
>>330337896
>FF1
PSP anD any ports from it

>FF2
PSP and any ports from it

>FF3
Steam

>FFIV
PSP version that comes bundled with After Years. DS one is trash.

>FFV
GBA

>FF6
GBA
>>
>>330337896
>1
PSP
>2
PSP
>3
DS
>4
DS
>5
GBA, IOS
>6
GBA, IOS
>>
>>330337896
The people saying the DS version of 3 is the best should just say Steam, its a port of the DS one without the annoying mail system that forced you to exchange mail with other people via online or wireless to unlock sidequests.

You can unlock them in the steam version by just sending mail to npcs.
>>
>>330339946
Well, one good thing I have to say for Anthology, at least for V, is that some of the music is better than SNES, especially the "Hurry!" theme.
>>
>>330337896
>I
PSP or PS1, debatable people are mixed, I prefer PSP
>II
PSP
>III
PSP, can actually get full set Onion Armor without the need of DS wi-fi shit
>IV
PSP and DS both have their own good differences it's personal preference
>V
GBA
>VI
SNES or GBA with snes soundpatch
>>
>>330338369
>Stockholm Syndrome

uh, I don't know what you mean by that. I'm not a Squeenix fanboy that eats every shit they release and think it's fine if they do a shoddy job with some games. I just think that the PC FF6 version isn't bad from what I've played compared to the GBA version.
>>
>everyone saying DS version of 4
Sure if you like replacing actual content with ugly 3D models and an annoying skill system that requires multiple playthroughs to get temporary character skills on your forced endgame party for no fucking reason at all. It still fucking baffles me that they completely reworked the bards mechanics to make him actually useful when he is just gonna be unavailable for use for 90% of the game.

Play the PSP version. Way better.
>>
>>330340424
the DS version has higher difficulty and better bosses, and the bosses are the highlight of FF4.
>>
>>330339976
>DS one is trash.
Why?
>>
>>330338320
psp versions of those four games are essentially the GBA version but with more content.

The PSP version of 1 makes some rebalancing as far as I'm aware, I at least noticed that thief could actually do damage in the PSP version whereas in the GBA version he would get outdamaged by a Warrior consistently.

For 2, they added a new optional dungeon that nets you legendary weapons for each character and an extra super tough boss. It also has soul of rebirth.

For 3, steam and PSP versions are the same as DS one, but you don't need to exchange mail with real life people to unlock the extra side quests, you can do it by just sending mail to npcs.

For FF4, its pretty much the GBA version with the extra dungeon and everything but theres a bundle that comes with after years too.
>>
>>330340518
>higher difficulty
>better bosses
Sure m8. Lunar Ruins are totally in that game.
>>
>>330340661
>cut content from previous versions
Unecessarily too.

Even if they didn't want to include the lunar ruins, there was no reason for not having the option to select your party in the end
>>
>>330340993
No way to bypass the mail irl people with cheats or something?
>>
>>330341295
You could probably use cheats, I wouldn't know.

The only real way to bypass the mail thing without cheats is having two ds and two copies of the game so you can do it wirelessly
>>
>>330342704
Damn, sounds like a pain in the ass. Gonna think about between choosing the psp or steam ver.
>>
I'm gonna throw my two cents in:

> FF I
PSP. If you really want the archaic systems, then PS1. Personally, I think FF1 is kind of a drag so the magic system expedites things a bit. Really nice sprites.

> FF 2
PSP again, or PS1.

> FF 3
Steam all the way, maybe a translated PSP version but at that point just find a DS rom, it's the same thing.

> FF 4
PSP, DS for a second playthrough.

> FF 5 and FF 6
GBA. I put these together because there are some hacks out there for these games that replace the GBA soundtrack with the SNES soundtrack, which is much better.Also, one of them (I can't remember which) has a brightness hack which makes it look a lot less washed-out. So, you get the SNES version with more content.
>>
>>330343007
There is literally zero reason to play the PSP version over the steam version.
>>
>>330343552
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>330343709
Actually, hold on, I thought of a reason:

Portability.

Assuming you're playing on a CFW PSP, that's a good reason I suppose. But if you're emulating like I originally thought you were, then yeah no reason not to play steam. Hell, you can even pirate it very easily.
>>
>>330337985
>1 & 2: PSone Normal Mode
>3 & 4: PSP
>5: SNES
>6: SNES
>7: PC/PS4
>8: PSone
>9: PSone/PC
>10: Any version is fine
>XI: Time-machine
>XII: Emulate it instead of PS2 if possible
>XIII: PC
>Tactics: PSone
>>
>>330344102
>8. PSone

As much as I love that game, no. Get the PC version and get the Roses and Wine mod.

>10
PS4 is definitive at this point. They patched the RNG bug.

>Tactics
Hell no. Emulate the PSP version.
>>
>>330344264
8 Is fine on PSone and PC. I just chose PSone since you can swap saves easily via PSone, PSP, Vita, and PC.
10 is fine with any version. It all comes down to its graphics and trophies I guess. I will give the PS4 this, it has an option to use arranged and original.
Gonna level with you. I can't stand PSP Tactics because of its sound effects.
>>
>>330344264
what is that roses and wine mod for ff8 ?
>>
>>330344920
can you not fucking google it?

Anyway, it replaces the music in the PC version you lazy fuck
>>
>>330338162
The load times are only in the American version
>>
>>330344983
i google it but i only find some music related shit and i couldnt beliebe there is a mod only for this shit and no more thing fag
>>
>>330337896
1 = PSP
2 = PSP
3 = PC (NDS port)
4 = PSP
5 = GBA
6 = GBA
>>
>>330345203
Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack (NOT PSF OR OTHERWISE) in looping Vorbis ogg format. (Better quality than PS1)
>>
>>330345203
The PC only has a MIDI soundtrack which is shit. The PS1 version has a much better soundtrack so fans put the good soundtrack in a good game faggot

PC version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j1774Jrc8w
PS version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0WdQDPRwb4
>>
>>330345348
>>330345391
yea i remember that midi shit too
>>
You Are Not Alone

https://youtu.be/YXlE8ZESSEI
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.