[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Quake4box[1].jpg (45 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
Quake4box[1].jpg
45 KB, 350x500
thoughts?
>>
awesome weapons
>>
File: Q4 Action.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Q4 Action.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>330335151
what DOOM 3 should've been like.
ironically, this was "too generic & HALO" back in 05. Now I'd almost pay to get D44M play even a bit more like this.
>>
>>330335925
doom 3 was fun too. q4 it's my favorite game
>>
>>330336247
>Doom 3 was fun too
well that's like, your opinion man. It plays like ass in all possible ways.
>>
>>330335151

I played it when it was first released, at age 9. I thought it was really good. The section where you get turned into a Strogg terrified me.
>>
>>330336293
you shoot shit and have fun
>>
>>330335151

It was k
>>
>>330336464
yea the moment when you hear the commands in english. why do stroggs have human like corridors?
>>
File: This-is-the-Doom.png (2 MB, 3194x1436) Image search: [Google]
This-is-the-Doom.png
2 MB, 3194x1436
>>330336483
the gunplay and sounds are ass, movements slow, enemies constantly jump at you from hidden closets, you often can't see shit, and the maps are linear + dark as fuck.

if I want to play an actually FUN shooter, I play the DooM, BLOOD or SS3.
>>
>>330336741
The gunplay is great though. It gets pretty hectic later on especially once you get the cube
>>
>>330336741
oh i forgot about the flashlight problem
>>
>>330336773
No it's not. The shotgun is slow and spreads all its pellets all around the room at mere few meters, minigun has too tiny magazine most of the time (why DOES it even have mag??), handgrenades and pistol are useless, and every weapon sounds like a toy.

And thanks to the dark and cramped corridors, you always fight one or two enemies at once, can't really do anything else than backpedal from the enemies and their fire, and there's seldom any mixed groups of enemy types at once.

I seriously tried to replay D3 last year. It bored and annoyed me to death, and I still have not finished it.
>>
>>330335151

I never understood why so many people hate it. It's fine. It's Quake 2 with vehicles and some annoying turret segments.
>>
>>330335151
It was a decent game.
>>
>>330335151
Better than Doom 3 desu
>>
>>330336741
>>330336882
you niggers are complaining about a game you don't even understand. it was never meant to be a fast-paced shooter but a slow horror action
>>
Just installed it. Tried to fix the resolution for 1920x1080 and now the game disables my GPU everytime I boot it up. I have to disconnect the HDMI and connect it again for the display to come back, and then I can play it.

Currently looking for a good HD textures pack, other than that, game looks fun.
>>
>>330339049
I understand the game just fine, but that still does not make it a good game.

DOOM is a name connected with a certain type of gameplay, and as a developer you should respect that legacy. Even if you'd want to make a slower horror action, you could at least make the gunplay satisfying and maps more varied / open.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.