[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tons of people on my steam friends list playing this game. But
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 6q7VLKv.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6q7VLKv.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1080
Tons of people on my steam friends list playing this game. But fuck their opinions.

Is it worth playing /v/?
>>
>>330333920
if you like grinding then yes
>>
>>330333920
its fun when youre new to the game. you create a charter get to lvl 40, then hit a wall and realise that your build is shit. then you start over. but the more you play and the better you get at the game the it becomes more boring
>>
>>330334642
then you realise that the game was never that fun to begin with. and you regret that you started playing it and wasted all those hours
>>
Do you like the idea of active skills being drops/items you have to find or get rewarded? It's what really sets PoE apart gameplay wise, so if you don't like the idea of it then don't bother.
>>
>>330333920
It's a nice brain-dead sort of game. You don't really play it for fun, you play it just to be doing something. Granted, there can be some fun parts occasionally, especially when new content comes out, but otherwise you're just going to be sitting around grinding Dried Lake or something. It's free, so i guess it's worth it.
>>
I re-download and play it maybe once a year

it's fun up until like level 70+. basically when you're done with the story and hit Mapworks? It becomes the grindiest grind you'll ever grind, and basically requires the autisms to keep on going.
>>
Its an ok dungeon crawler, what you really play it for is the theory crafting, it's like D2 on steroids in that regard, ive got 600 hours and the new expansion is fantastic, but you have to be into crawlers.
>>
It's a shitty F2P Diablo 3.

It plays worse than D3, it just happens that it got hyped by people who were frustrated by D3 during the launch period.

Hate all you want, but today Diablo 3 is much better than PoE.

Maybe if you don't have money for D3 plus expansion you can have fun with the inferior game.
>>
>>330336814
/thread
>>
>>330336814
Nice story blizzard fanboy. D3 is the dullest shit ever made. A fucking arpg without trading. Then you get a item set for logging in and never actually have to think or do anything. Casual fest 5000
>>
>>330336814
I dont that's fair, they're good in different ways.

Not to mention GGG are a much better dev than the fucks that are Blizzard, GGG actively take part in their community, take criticism on board and make their game better, Blizzard have improved their game, but GGG are all you can ask for in an active game dev, literally cant think of a better dev even though theyre so relatively small.
>>
>>330333920
I played for 3 hours and died losing my hardcore status and gave up
>>
>>330333920
It's free with literally no pay2win features so just try it. It has amazing depth and a great catfting system. It's more diablo like than diablo 3. If you liked d2 you will like poe
>>
>>330337171
Retard
>>
File: 1414350537647.jpg (25 KB, 300x394) Image search: [Google]
1414350537647.jpg
25 KB, 300x394
It's basically the best aRPG on the market right now, next to Grim Dawn

Currently playing bladefall totem, thinking of making a crit reaver just so I can roll a ranger
What are you playing, /v/?
>>
File: GladiatorAscendancyTree.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GladiatorAscendancyTree.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>330337480
Was gonna be a Bow Summoner (building around Null's Inclination, and self buffing through Necromancy Ascendancy).
But then had my face mauled in, one way ticked to softcore, so I'm doing a max block duelist now, speccing into Gladiator for that sweet spellblock.

3rd characted will be a Templar (Inquisitor asc.) trapper. (sunburst + 2x cheap construction for instant traps aka bombs).
>>
i made a scion since i looked at the page and was confused as fuck by what scion's ascendancy tree even offered.

the character i played back in the last league forever ago was a necromancer witch with totems, so i was getting totems first. i was tossing random stuff into a spell totem to see what was good and came onto righteous fire, which is apparently currently an OP memebuild?
>>
>>330338071
If there's any damaging ground effects, burning or desecrated, your traps will break before they detonate unless you have Clever Construction, cause traps have an ~.3 second arm time before their timer starts, during which any hits can break them.

Also,
>Just over 1300 hours invested
>Went Earthquake Duelist with Slayer
Endless Hunger is fucking based.
>>
>>330333920
no it's a bot grindfest to sell shit for real money
>>
>>330336814
PoE and D3 are too different to compare now.

They just both have the same arpg tag

D3 isn't bad, but it's starting to show the lack of effort from the developers, whom are basically in coast mode right now. (Set dungeons, new zones/monsters were meh, some reskins, a slightly new looking cave and an open area full of trees.)

Basically all you'll ever do in D3 is rift to 70 then GRift till you feel like your build is complete then quit. Game is still locked to sets.
It's casual arpg and that's how it's always going to be.

PoE gives you a big ass owners manual and says 'go nuts'.
>>
OP here.

I hate D2. I love D3.

Will I like PoE?
>>
>>330338603
memebuild, yes. OP, if you want decent clear speed, no. It's total shit in parties and mediocre in general except for the fact you get to burn through your enemies without sacrificing all your life regen.
The true OP Memebuild is actually the Trap Miner.
Trap, Multitrap, Remote Mine, Minefield will throw 3 traps that explode into 3 mines each, does not work with skills that are already a trap or mine, like fire trap and fire nova mine.
>>
If you have lots of time to blow, then go for it. Lots of things to collect, lots of ways to make yourself more powerful. I had a lot of fun, but ultimately it is a waste of time.

I got one character up to lvl 71 during beta, a witch, my character sucked, so I deleted her haven't touched the game since.
>>
>play PoE
>whole build is basically centered around my weapons and the fire gem that's in the socket
>putting points in shit that ends up being a prereq for the same exact shit you already dumped points in

the game is gay, don't waste time on it.
>>
>>330339430
Do you feel like learning a shit-ton of information and having to rework/re-level your failed builds?

Y - You'll have fun
N - Give it a try it's free anyways

Asthetics can be a downer, the gameplay does feel a bit off compared to D3, and you'll most likely be focusing around one or two active skills which buffs sucking most of your mana pool away.

Oh, and there is the fact that there are no class specific skills, you get them from gems that drop and depending on which class you rolled determines what pool of stats you'll have access too earlier on.
>>
>>330333920
>But fuck their opinions.
>Asks /v/ instead for opinions
shit nigger you can't be fucking serious

let me guess, are you 18?
>>
It's a very risky the f to invest time on a game like this.

It is fun and interesting, but I can't trust the business model and I will tell you why.

This model of F2P non p2w only works to increase the population of the game.
A time will come where devs will sell the franchise to someone like Tencent and the bullshit will start. Then all the time invested will go to the drain.
>>
>>330341552
>To someone like Tencent
That'd be true except for one major issue:
New Zealand has laws regarding every inch of this shit. Unless there is some shitty Jew company in Kiwiland, GGG never even has a chance to really sell their game off to another company.
>>
It's pretty fun until you reach maps (the endgame). Before that there's a real sense of character progression as your build comes together and you get incrementally stronger. Around level 70 though it becomes a pure grindfest as progression is much slower. The only meaningful way to advance your character at that point is to trade for better gear which becomes exponentially more expensive as you approach best-in-slot, which requires much more mindless grinding.

It's a pretty good game but I've found my interest quickly drops off after reaching the endgame.
>>
>>330335291
there are seven skill gems that can't be got from completing quests.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_drop-only_gems
ignoring support gems since you don't directly cast them there are like 200+ skill gems
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Active_skill
>or get rewarded
you say this like it's a bad thing. "Guys, I had to LEVEL UP before I got new skills. what a crock of shit!" same thing, different paint.
>but not all classes can buy all gems from a quest reward!
trading exists, and when it comes to buying skill gems from vendors, you never pay more than the vendor price unless you want to.

I fucking hate path of exile because I can never find a build I enjoy past level 40 I've never even finished cruel. But c'mon, man, don't be uninformed / misleading / a faggot.
>>
File: 1_titan_quest[1].jpg (35 KB, 508x317) Image search: [Google]
1_titan_quest[1].jpg
35 KB, 508x317
Is this still worth playing?

Are there any mods I should use?
>>
>>330345194
>>330345194
yeah they started to patch it recently now we have a working and active online multiplayer scene.

also this is one of the best arpgs out there.
>>
>>330345696
I only want to player singleplayer anyways.

I've actually played it when it was new, but I was a complete idiot who played on autopilot and somehow beat the game anyways.
I'm thinking about replaying it though since I'm much more into character building right now. Thats why I also want to know if there's good mods that make a replay more fun
>>
>>330336814
This guy gets it, path of exile feels slower, and the enormous skill tree is a deceitful front at fake depth. Also cus it's free to play you don't have access to all storage space last I checked.
>>
I started a lightning witch a while ago and its fun as fuck. I put points up to the u shaped lightning thing and now I'm stuck. Hopefully I can play today and clear act 2.
>>
>>330345194
Might as well pay grim dawn, made by the people who did titan quest.
>>
>>330333920
It's a modern version of Diablo 2, slightly worse than Diablo 2 though...
>>
>>330346080
I don't think there's an "all storage" at all, I'm pretty sure you can keep buying storage tabs as long as you want.
>>
>>330347164
sounds lame
>>
>>330337071
D3 is shit compared to poe
>>
Is melee still shit?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.