[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patch that fixes mods and memory leak when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 3002224-xcom2[1].png (3 MB, 1205x722) Image search: [Google]
3002224-xcom2[1].png
3 MB, 1205x722
Patch that fixes mods and memory leak when?
>>
Its only been like 5 weeks, knowing Firaxis I'd say give it another 6 months or so.

Shit studio, great fucking game though. I'm still playing it every day, crash bug or not.
>>
>>330331731
Have you ever installed 50+ mods and then on most start-ups it deselects them? And because of the shit UI, you have to click 6, scroll down, click 6 more, etc. I installed 113 and it took me way too long. I cant believe they can't just add an "enable all" button in that menu. It's unbelievable.
>>
>>330331904
I have avoided all mods so far as the game still crashes on me on average every 45 minutes or so. Its unstable enough without mods, I can imagine they only compound the issue.

Again, amazing game, incompetent developer.
>>
>>330331904
>113 mods

Dude......come on.
>>
>>330332256
Come on is not a valid rebuttal to a game that is sold with the promise that it works great with mods. It's not even 113 major mods, it's a bunch of small ones. Like: fix this timer, randomize pods, add in this camo, add in this other camo, add this gun, and this hat. Etc.
>>
Firaxis needs to STOP using Steam Workshop as their modding source.

I know from Civ5 that it is utter shit to use, except for stupid little shit. Like, you can download the Neptunia Civs mod, but if you want a mod that actually does anything besides put in a silly little player-made civ then the Workshop is SHIT. You can't even set load order! (plus Steam or Firaxis dicking around with the game folder kept breaking mods so consistently that the modders all said fuck it and just gave up keeping their things up-to-date any longer)
>>
>>330332369
>fix the timer

I'm guessing your definition of "fix" in this context includes giving you 99 turns to Overwatch Crawl, eh?
>>
>>330332676
Not the combat turn timer, the avatar project timer on hard
>>
>>330331473
I put 30-40 hours on Xcom2, but can't be fucked going back to start a new game

Is there any point once it's over? Seemed way easier than the first one?
>>
Is there a less buggy crack?
>>
>>330331473
> posts a 2.51MB PNG screenshot
> complains about non-optimal memory use
>>
>>330332718
Ahhh gotcha, sorry for being a dick.
>>
>>330331473

>downloading the meme gun

you are the cancer that killed XCOM 2. No wonder Firaxis abandoned it.
>>
>>330332936
>>330334923
That's not my screenshot, that's from google images if you type in "XCOM 2 Mod"

>>330334701
No worries
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.