[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this man the george lucas of videogames? He's a complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: masahiro-sakurai-01-04-16-1.jpg (71 KB, 630x374) Image search: [Google]
masahiro-sakurai-01-04-16-1.jpg
71 KB, 630x374
Is this man the george lucas of videogames? He's a complete talentless hack, him and his games are completely overrated by everyone, and he's the worst director in his company. Even Aonuma directing smash would be better than him.
>>
>>330327771
he is the best director in his company because he is the only director in his company

check and mate
>>
>>330327771
Kirby's Adventure, Super Star, Kid Icarus Uprising, Smash 64 and Melee are all great games you contrarian.
Air Ride, Meteos and SSB4 are pretty cool too from what I've played of them.
>>
>>330327840
>Iwata--wait fuck
>Aonuma
>Koizumi
>Miyamoto
>etc

>>330327950
You like sm4sh and you expect me to take your opinion seriously?
>>
His opinions on Smash aside, the guy knows what he's talking about. That column he did years back about how games treat story is a good example.
>>
>>330328038
I've view Smash games in the same way I view Mario Kart and Splatoon.
They're silly family friendly versions of their genres that are quirky enough to stay interesting and have universal appeal but if you want something competitive you should start playing other games that cater to those communities.
>>
>>330328038

Sakurai isn't a Nintendo employee, he works at Sora. Anon was being cute.
>>
>>330328241
There is literally not a single competitive game like melee.

Not one.

And Iwata is rolling in his fucking grave as you lack appreciation for his efforts that made melee such a god-tier game.
>>
>>330328241
>you should start playing other games that cater to those communities.
Everything that has tried to copy smash has been shit. Melee was a great competitive game
>>
>>330328241
>but if you want something competitive you should start playing other games that cater to those communities.
What game with a competitive community is remotely like smash?

Why are people like you obsessed with the idea that Melee isn't the best and shouldn't be played competitively? Do you really believe it's some fluke that it's professional scene has lasted this long and is more popular than any other smash scene? DO you really believe it's just people being stubborn? Like my god you people are stupid.

The only argument I hear for why it isn't competitive are "It's not a fighting game" "Nintendo kiddy shit". Except the best melee players could probably three stock you so none of those "arguments" really prove its not a competitive game worth getting good at.
>>
File: 1214213760046.jpg (17 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1214213760046.jpg
17 KB, 247x248
>>330327950
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>great
>>
>>330327771
How pretty do you think he'd be if he cross-dressed?
>>
You know there is an official sponsored nintendo fighting game tourney this year. Its Pokken. Melee is fucking dead. Get over it. It's done over, Sakurai didn't want to bend over for you. Its his game and it still sells well because you kids are fucking retards still chasing after that nintendo happiness, before uncle Bob molested your boy pussy.
>>
>Nearly all his titles are rated very highly and loved
>BUT MUH MELEE MUH WAVEYIFFING

Melee fags are literal cancer, fuck off already
>>
>>330329748
Melee was only good because of iwata.
>>
>>330329748
They are their gods are moving onto SFV and Pokken or even ANIME games. Melee is fucking dead and I hope it stays dead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.