[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So THIS... is the power... of this console generation... >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.jpg (64 KB, 760x188) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64 KB, 760x188
So THIS... is the power... of this console generation...

>The Coalition has confirmed that while Gears of War 4 will run in 1080p on Xbox One, the game will run different frame-rates for the single-player and multiplayer campaigns.

>For the single player game, you can expect 30fps, as per the previous games. For multiplayer, however, the developer has confirmed the game should run at 60fps.
>>
Sounds fine to me.
>>
File: 1456855644411.png (495 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1456855644411.png
495 KB, 800x602
> you can expect 30fps

is it coming to pc so i can run it at a non filmic frame rate?
>>
It's garbage but technically better than the whole thing being 30.

Not like it effects me since >consoles
>>
>>330325202
>When Game Informer asked if we could expect to see the game available on PC, Coalition’s Rod Fergusson said “possibly”.
>>
>>330325063
This is what Uncharted 4 is doing as well.
>>
fps means 2 things in gaming

how do we fix this?
>>
>>330325236
>PC version
>windows store
>locked 30 fps
>"dynamic" resolution
>vsync always on
>no SLI support
>recommended gtx980ti
No thanks, you can keep that garbage where it belongs, on xbone
>>
>>330325063
Wait, why the fuck does the single player run WORSE than multiplayer?
Shouldn't it be the other way around if anything?
>>
>>330326535
They have to put all of the graphical horsepower to use rendering huge levels and shitty scripted setpieces. Multi is just 10 character models in a much smaller map with no special effects
>>
>>330326535
like 8 people play gears of war for the story and one of thems a dog.
>>
>>330326535
Why would it be the other way around? The single player in all games usually have bigger set peices and more effects on screen as a way of showing off the graphics. The multiplayer will cut down on it because you as a player usually want to be competitive and have no need for the same fancy graphics if it limits the competitiveness of multiplayer.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>330325063
>this console generation

nigga, games have been doing this since the original PlayStation, and probably even further back than that.
>>
100% expecting the multiplayer to flop and people give up like gears 2 after a month.
>>
>>330326803
There's a difference between having to render 4 different scenes at once for splitscreen and having 1 scene having to render at different framerates and resolutions in 2016
>>
would love to argue against this, but 60fps for the part that gamers will spend the majority of their time playing makes the most sense.

game was already dead to me when they announced 2player coop. going back a step from the previous title is just lazy development. if this is somehow limitations of the console, then fuck both of them.
>>
>>330326535
>Shouldn't it be the other way around if anything?
These games are sold as multiplayer experiences with a single player added as an afterthought, in case the internet goes out or something.
>>
>>330327130
Are you retarded? 60fps adds almost nothing in single player
>>
Gears will never be good again unless they completely revamp the court system and make it super slow, or, keep everything the way it is and REMOVE THE FUCKING GNASHER
>>
>>330329536
>moshi moshi
>baito desu
>>
>>330329576
>Gears will never be good
Fixed.
>>
>>330325063
You would have to be seriously retarded or a straight up nigger to ever even consider playing xbone or using windows 10
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.