[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, VIOLENCE IS WRONG BUT AT THE SAME TIME HERE'S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Hotline_Miami_cover.jpg (149 KB, 497x698) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_cover.jpg
149 KB, 497x698
>DUDE, VIOLENCE IS WRONG BUT AT THE SAME TIME HERE'S A GAME THAT COMPLETELY GLORIFIES VIOLENCE IN EVERYWAY, LMAO

Is there a more pretentious game? I have doubts that one exists.
>>
It's a liberal manifesto as well

>Jacket vomits after killing that hobo
"please don't hurt the poor and downtrodden"
>Jacket spends the entire game killing white mobsters, black mobsters and cops
"Killing whites and their house niggers is perfectly acceptable! Cops are evil!"
>>
>>330323350
0/10
>>
Spec ops.

Dont tell me im a shitty person for advancing the game.
>>
>>330323294
'Tis bait, but the theme isn't that violence is wrong, since you use it to save a helpless girl, it's that violence literally cannot solve anything and will lead to an escalating problem. There will eventually be someone with more force than you and you will either get out of their way or get squashed like the people you killed.
>>
File: 1428844580267.gif (1 MB, 648x831) Image search: [Google]
1428844580267.gif
1 MB, 648x831
>>330323294
It's more like
>whoa dude you really like killing people in games, here's more
>>
>>330323659
"You are still a good person"

I never got all the whining about that game, it never actually insults anybody, you have to actually put words in their proverbial mouth
>>
>>330323838
>it never actually insults anybody

It's insulting to people who aren't retards because it thinks it's so smart.
>>
>>330323294
Undertale's pretty up there with it's "don't kill things trying to kill you bullshit"
>>
>>330323294
Oh look its this same thread with the same first response
>>
>>330323884
You're pretty insecure about this game.
>>
Stop making this same thread over and over
>>
>>330323294
>>330323350

why would I argue with someone so obviously mentally challenged? you have trouble forming thoughts? no wonder it took you a whole fucking hour to reply, you need mommy to tell you how to spell each word and then spend a minute finding each fucking goddamn letter on the keyboard.

you don't know jack shit about this or any other game. you say the dumbest fucking shit possible and try to act like it's obvious because you're such a fucking goddamn retard that you can't stop spewing shit out of your mouth for one goddamn minute. fuck you and everything you say, piece of shit mongoloid fucker.
>>
>>330323294

Wrong use of the word 'pretentious'. The game never pretends to be deeper than it is. It's just a fun game with a silly and macabre plot.

I'm also not sure why you are so upset over a game telling you violence is wrong, even if said game is violent. Violence IS wrong, but it's also an inevitability and as a fairly aggressive species we do need some ways to unwind. Ideally this takes place in the form of video games, movies, sports etc. instead of going on a shooting spree in real life. 'Glorifying' violence would be telling you it's completely a-okay. But even that would be fine because it's just a fucking video game, get a grip
>>
File: disrespecting the hero king.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
disrespecting the hero king.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>330323917
>Humans are the real monsters
>>
>>330323294
I thought the message was that fictional violence is enjoyable in itself, and whatever is used as a justification does not matter. OP is such a smarty-pants that he figured out the one true meaning of the game.
>>
File: 250px-Killinger.png (82 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
250px-Killinger.png
82 KB, 250x229
>>330323294
Is it cool to hate on Hotline Miami now?
What did Gay Theory do a video one it? Whats with all the sudden HM threads? This things been discussed to death already.
>>
>>330323294
>>330323350
>i posted it again
>>
>Glorifying violence!

Okay, please leave, mom.
>>
I always saw the message as being more "You can enjoy your violent behavior, violent actions, and desire to see, spill, and lose blood, but in the end, it doesn't really amount to anything but a bad ending".

It abhors the idea of senseless murder and destruction, but revels in the fascination and spectacle of widespread, non-stop bloodshed. As if to say "This is entirely wrong, but nobody blames you for wanting to watch".

It's almost as if Duality is a thing when theming, and that linear thematic elements are relatively boring nowadays.
>>
>>330323294
>>330323350
samefag
>>
>>330324854
Fucking spot on bro.

I really don't think the game is saying violence is wrong. The game is just drawing the line between real violence and videogame violence, and is saying to us that in videogames we don't need a reason to commit violence other than that it is fun if the mechanics are fun. The whole questioning of Jacket and questions concerning why we are killing people, who is telling us to do it, and if we enjoy it is all just the dev making a point that ultimately it doesn't matter. What matters is there are enemy pixels and we kill them cause it's fun. Even caring about the storyline beyond that is silly, and the game sort of laughs at your for even trying to piece together a cohesive narrative by offering you multiple contradictory storylines.

The game is just saying to us "lol it's just a game bro"
>>
>>330324279
>why would I argue with someone so obviously mentally challenged

Yet there you went and did it
>>
>>330323294
Dishonored does the same shit
>>
File: richard starts playing.jpg (85 KB, 541x567) Image search: [Google]
richard starts playing.jpg
85 KB, 541x567
The game even tells you it's in our nature and it's fine to enjoy it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.