[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where Halo should have ended?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: halo3-original.jpg (467 KB, 640x901) Image search: [Google]
halo3-original.jpg
467 KB, 640x901
Hey Halo fans, Halo was originally supposed to end at Halo 3. The Master Chief had finished her fight with the Covenant and Flood, taking out the Covenant Empire and eradicating the Flood, saving all life in the galaxy, along Master Chief adventure ending where it began in a cryo chamber. Since the story was finished with no real need for a sequel, should the series had ended here instead of continuing?
>>
>>330317598
Who cares? It continued on in the name of milking money out of gamers.
>>
>>330317598
Yeah the series should have ended here. There was no need for constant sequels or remakes. Series went on a decline right after this game and has become ridiculously convoluted.
>>
File: master chief.jpg (79 KB, 625x593) Image search: [Google]
master chief.jpg
79 KB, 625x593
The Master Chief Collection should have absolutely ended there.
Although, I do support Halo: Reach %100.
>>
>>330317598
Halo 3 was the perfect ending to the series. Everything 343 makes is just non canon fanfiction.
>>
File: thisguy.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>330317598
>her
>>
>>330317921
typo meant his
>>
Fuck off OP with your copypaste bullhit.

I agree john's story should have ended with 3, but not the whole series, we should have still had books and spinoffs.
>>
Halo 3's ending seemed so perfect everything else just feels tagged on.
>>
Fuck you, Halo fans
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjKWKN6jaI

Halo 3 is the true ending to the halo series this theme confirms it.

Everything after halo 3 is retarded fanfic.
>>
>>330317598
Maybe the adventures of king chief, but not Halo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjavtbc-GI

Yup series was supposed to end at Halo 3 this vidoc even states it; series didn't need a continuation or anymore games after it for that matter.
>>
>>330321160
almost forgot
/thread
>>
>>330317598
Bungie made Halo games because they wanted to make games they wanted to play

343 Industries makes Halo games because Microsoft needs a money maker to compete with PlayStation and they know Halo is popular
>>
It should have ended with 2.

>>330320445
What do you have against Halo, pleb?
>>
File: tumblr_m1s8b40LV71qa81plo1_500.jpg (133 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1s8b40LV71qa81plo1_500.jpg
133 KB, 465x600
The end of chief's story. It was perfect

Nothing pisses me off more thanfaggots who say "BUT IT WAS A CLIFFHANGER"

No, it was an ending.

That being said, spinoffs I would be fine with which is what ODST and reach were. That universe has lots of potential for stories and games.

It gets old after a while when master chief avoids death in some stupid cutscene every mission in 4&5 and saves the galaxy 10 more times as well
>>
>>330322173
Nothing you guys took to long to post.
>>
>>330317598
Need to keep the xbone alive somehow, what would it be like not to have a flagship title even when the game has dried up.
>>
>>330323714
But>>330321160
>>
>>330317598
I agree even though I like Reach. I played Halo 4 against my better judgement and I really wish I hadn't bothered.
>>
Ayyy haha MEMEZ am I right?? XD
>>
>>330324240
It was a stepdown from halo 3, Reach.
Game customisation was a blast though
H4 was a sucker punch on everything.
Shit, it even lagged on 2 players splitscreen
>>
File: halo3_90808551_Full.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
halo3_90808551_Full.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
>>330317598
It should have been Bungies last entry into the Halo franchise. ODST was great and so Reach had great potential. Like ODST, Reach was a departure from the classic Halo formula that ran through the numbered entries. For some context, MW2 had dropped the previous year and absolutely smashed the record for any entertainment launch in history. My friends and I had all played Halo 3 so naturally when my friends got MW2 everyone else in our friend group got it. In fact, I remember a lot more people from highschool signing up for xbox live when that game dropped. A lot of the players that got an xbox during the MW2 era never played Halo previously, so when Reach was on the horizon a lot newcomers decided to jump onto the bandwagon. Playing the beta it should have been obvious, a lot of the core mechanics of classic Halo multiplayer were changed towards something more resembling MW2. Seeing that Reach was the first proper experience with Halo for a lot of people it is understandable why a lot of people defend it. Campaign-wise it was good. The problem with that game existing arises when you consider its influence. It's was a sub-entry so despite being disappointed, I still had hope. When Microsoft began making Halo 4 they decided to model the gameplay after Reach because it sold better than 3. At this point, Microsoft fucked up. Halo 3 had a more consistent fanbase than Reach ever did. Often television programs increase in viewership after a great episode because of the word of mouth. If this were true of games you could possibly attribute the declining sales of Halo to worse and worse entries. Looking at Reach from a cynical perspective, Bungie did a good job of closing out the franchise. It ruined the multiplayer, damaged the community and handed the controls over to the hacks at 343. Bravo Bungie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyFIbl9BP0

Video above is the last breath of the Halo franchise
>>
ODST
>>
Chief's story ended perfectly at 3

4 was an abomination story-wise and multiplayer wise

5's campaign was trash as well, but the multiplayer is ok

Honestly the only reason I bothered to play the campaign in 5 was to get the achievements and I have never touched it since
>>
>>330317598
Halo 1
>>
>>330317598
I agree. Halo should've ended there
>>
Kinda related to the thread but Halo 3 ODST was god tier. Didn't expect much from it but after playing it I thought it was great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.