[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will video games ever achieve life like visuals? Or is it a barrier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: perfection.jpg (689 KB, 2048x3072) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
689 KB, 2048x3072
Will video games ever achieve life like visuals? Or is it a barrier video games will never be able to cross?
>>
>>330300330
They have a hard enough time doing that with CG without compositing real actors faces on. So probably not for a while.
>>
>>330300569
With CG it's much simpler though since all you see is based on a single plane.
>>
>>330300665
That's what I mean. If it still looks a little fucky with a 2D image captured of an actors face composited over a 3D model, then making a strictly 3D model have truly lifelike visuals is pretty far off.
>>
I wish realistic visuals were outlawed from video games. All it does is give people more ammunition to make games more like movies or boring simulators.
>>
>>330300330
Of course eventually it will. Probably not in our life times but counting all of the future? Of course.
When people played on Atari and NES, they never expected games to look they do now. Thats the same for us, its hard to imagination it being photo realistic, or think HOW it will achieve it. But technology develops fast.
>>
>>330300927
arma, bf, cs, cod... have deeper system than your average weebgame, fukken weeboo.
>>
glass eye
>>
>>330301137
I never said a single thing about japanese games, fuckface. Nice insecurity though
>>
yes.

we're nearly there. only real things are camera angles, HUD, etc.
>>
>>330301042
Of course it will be in our lifetime. Have you seen how much technology has evolved over the past 15 years? It's evolved more from 2000 to 2016 than it did from 0 to 2000
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXJM_KJDc8

Imagine if Hitman looked like that
>>
>>330302450
No way in hell. Raytracing can't even be done in real time
>>
>>330300927
this. why the fuck would you want devs to keep making insipid garbage?

that's why I like handhelds. they're forced to make decent gameplay and stay within a reasonable budget.
>>
File: frowning.jpg (367 KB, 512x998) Image search: [Google]
frowning.jpg
367 KB, 512x998
It's really up to developers, and right now there is a movement that is keeping things from going forward.

>japan growing afraid of western market
>japan in a creative rut for last decade

>america more interested in slapdash brown and bloom shooters
>and season passes
>people lap it up

Necessity is the mother of invention, and right now pretty much nobody has a reason to innovate further than they already have.
>>
>>330302637
>realism
>innovative
>>
>>330302543
And yet the graphical jump from the 7th generation to the 8th generation seem like a joke compared to the jump from the 4th generation to the 5th generation. And I'm pretty sure the jumps will even less impressive as the time passes.
>>
I hope not. I'd rather creators focus on stylized graphics instead of making fake movies.
>>
>>330300330
Mary Elizabeth Winstead on my VR headset game when?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.