[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of a viewmodel in an FPS? All it does is take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (409 KB, 574x311) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
409 KB, 574x311
What is the point of a viewmodel in an FPS? All it does is take up screen space and create more useless polygons for your system to render. It does nothing to affect gameplay.
>>
>>330299618
graphics and immersion are important
>>
why even have textures? it's just shit to take up RAM.
>>
It is important to have a point of reference as to where the bullets are coming from.
>>
>>330299618

Yeah what kind of retarded people thought of that, let's just have squares moving in a blank space where we point at them and win.
>>
File: 1393060867091.jpg (69 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1393060867091.jpg
69 KB, 396x385
>>330299618
Go back to circle jerking over your 144Hz monitor playing CS:GO, you ADHD millennial.
>>
>>330299618
And why have dialogue, am I right? I don't need to know what Big Tough Space Dude thinks about his situation, or his missing daughter.
>>
>>330299849

they don't come from the veiwmodel
>>
Because it looks cool faggot

>tfw seeing the Heavy Revolver in first person in GTA V
>>
It provides more visual feedback for more satisfying gunplay
>>
>>330299618
-you are aware what weapon you're using
-enjoy the model and animations

and that's all, if there would be an option in csgo to hide it, pro players would probably do it
>>
>>330300036
They still come from the right side of the character.
Learn2leannpeak
>>
It provides a detriment to using a hueg gun.
>>
>>330299618
Because it looks cool
>>
>>330300036
>Watch H3 theater replays
>Everybody's shooting bullets out of their eyes
>>
>>330299618
Probably so you can have your weapon selected and actually be able to see which weapon you're using. Because believe it or not, some people are stupid enough to forget which weapon they currently have equipped if it isn't on the screen for about 5 minutes and they get nothing to fire at. It's very likely that if pro players had an option to disable viewmodels in most FPS games, they'd do it immidiately, since they're the types of people who you'd expect most of all to be able to remember which weapon they are currently using.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.