[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you typically give a game to impress you before dropping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Nigga...jpg (56 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
Nigga...jpg
56 KB, 500x499
How long do you typically give a game to impress you before dropping it?
>>
Depends on genre and design choices. If it's aesthetically pleasing or it has good music, then about an hour. Usually RPGs get that treatment. Other wise, first few levels at most. If I'm not into it by level 3, I usually stop.
>>
File: 1334608246399.jpg (103 KB, 500x887) Image search: [Google]
1334608246399.jpg
103 KB, 500x887
A game doesn't really have to impress me, it just has to distract me from the emptiness in my soul.
I'll play games I know aren't great for hundreds of hours.
>>
Why would you treat your games like a woman treating men?
>>
File: 1457580051414.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1457580051414.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
>>330294472
ill give it a good afternoon of my time, so like 5-8 hours depending on the day

also this >>330294796
>>
>>330294472
An hour
>>
Usually a week
>>
>>330294472
What's that nigga doin with a buncha seals?
>>
File: 1426088283031.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1426088283031.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
>>330294472
Probably about 5 hours, usually how long one play session of a new game will last unless I end up liking it immediately.
>>
I try to play at least to the turning point of the story. If the quality of the story up to the main plot twist isn't good, then I probably just forget the game exists.

Some games I don't even get past the beginning because I just can't bring myself to play them, like Witcher 3 and Resident Evil 2 Revelations. Then there's games where I realize that I misunderstood what kind of game it is, like Destiny (thought it was an FPS with mmo traits, but it's an MMO with FPS traits instead).
>>
It'll vary by game

Played DS2 for about 30~ hours before deciding it wasn't worth my time
I gave Cyber Sleuth ten hours before I sold it
>>
Thirty Minutes
>>
File: 2982270333_1_7_vbLHUUFH.jpg (19 KB, 315x416) Image search: [Google]
2982270333_1_7_vbLHUUFH.jpg
19 KB, 315x416
>>330296540
What about 20?
>>
File: 1440731429173.jpg (13 KB, 338x407) Image search: [Google]
1440731429173.jpg
13 KB, 338x407
>>330294472

It's not a specific time frame, rather I play until I feel like I've got a good picture of how the game works and if the game hasn't caught my attention by that point, I assume it never will. For some games this could be a dozen hours, for others a half-second glance at a screenshot of a trailer shall suffice.
>>
1 hour 59 minutes
>>
File: Horrible.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Horrible.png
2 MB, 1600x900
If I bought a game on impulse, or on a really good sale. Five fucking minutes.
>>
>>330294472
~10 hours.
>>
Maybe an hour. Your story can be simple or be shit and I'll keep playing it if the gameplay and mechanics are fun.
>fun
Yeah, some people still know how to do that.
>>
depends on the game, though in most cases, I'll drudge through a game until I beat it

most recent example was when I got Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger. Golden Sun, I dropped with an hour or 2 of playing, but CT gripped me instantly and I loved it all the way through
>>
>>330294472

I buy it, i play it till the end. If its utter shit might as well get some laughs out of it.
>>
depends on the genre but most non-RPGs I'll drop in 2 or 3 hours if it isn't fun
>>
Usually pretty quickly. I don't like games that have really long tutorials or take a long time to get to the real meat of the game.

Sometimes I go back and play a game I didn't really give a chance and end up loving it though. For instance, I pirated wasteland 2 right before the directors cut came out, played for like 20 mins and uninstalled. Then I got it again and I've put like 13 hours into it so far
>>
>>330294472
Depends. Some games I don't even bother, like anime based games.
>>
>>330295676
Sealing the deal.
A deal is a deal after all.
>>
At least a few hours unless it's bad enough for me to drop it that quickly even with my already low standards
>>
>>330294472
Never thought about it but I realize it's within two hours
>>
File: F.A.N.G.jpg (52 KB, 750x320) Image search: [Google]
F.A.N.G.jpg
52 KB, 750x320
TWO MINUTES

I'LL GIVE THE GAME TWO MINUTES
>>
2 hours...if im not convinced i want to finish a game after 2 hours it gets refunded, playing mostly indies these days...factorio is eating my soul...dont think ill be buying anything else until no mans sky is released...bought the entry level ship in star citizen and wish i could refund that....but maybe it will improve with time.
>>
I try to finish every game but if it's not fun then what can I do. i usually play about half way through. That's why it's important when you look for a game ignore the critics and ask yourself about the fun factor.
>>
>>330294472
If it's a game that I've been really looking forward to I'll probably play it until I put it down for the day. I'll come back to it if I really liked it.
Just random games that I've heard about I give 30 minutes. If I'm not playing the game without tutorial interruptions within 15 minutes I just uninstall the game right there.
Because yeah the story is important or whatever but I really do not care until I'm a part of it. I don't want to know who any of these people are or why they're here and the longer you narrate some battle or history over scrolling static images is just longer before I'm doing those things.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.