[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game actually any good? I've never played a From
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: serveimage.jpg (509 KB, 800x950) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
509 KB, 800x950
Is this game actually any good?

I've never played a From game and every single goddamn time I come to this shitty site, people are jerking it over BB. So, is it actually worth playing, or is it just console war bullshit?
>>
>>330294324
fuck off, you dumb fag
>>
>>330294324
The beginning is harder than most of the game, so get ready to get shitted on
>>
yeah, it's alright

can be had for pretty cheap
might as well try it out
>>
Worth playing, but you may want to go for Dark Souls first, since it's (arguably) much easier and more friendly for new players.
>>
>>330294324
It was my first FS game and I liked it. Enough to play Dark Souls and Demon's Souls afterward. I like both of those as well.
>>
>>330294505
Eat shit
>>
>>330294324
Try this one.
They say it''s a Bloodborne killer.
>>
>>330294324
I'd recommend playing the franchise in release order, starting with Demon's Souls. Bloodborne is the hardest of all of them in the beginning, but it's the easiest by the end. Demon's difficulty stays pretty much the same throughout, and Dark Souls is probably the easiest.
>>
>>330294324
All I ever see if people shitting on BB here.
But its a solid 8/10.
>>
File: dziadek-buczek.jpg (162 KB, 578x800) Image search: [Google]
dziadek-buczek.jpg
162 KB, 578x800
>>330294854
>Bloodborne is the hardest of all of them
Nope. You are just getting old. The game is actually easy and made specifically for casuals.
>>
>>330294854
>easiest by the end
You mean with the exception of DLC, right?
Seriously, that's some of the hardest shit I've gone through in Souls.
>>
>>330295091
Maybe read my whole post before replying.
>>
>>330295140
Yes, I didn't play the DLC so I can't speak for it. I hear a lot of people saying it was quite difficult though.
>>
Bloodborne is probably my favorite game of this gen so far. If nothing else, it's worth giving it a shot.
>>
>>330294324

It's the best Soulsborne game to date so... yeah it's pretty goddamn great
>>
350$ is too much for one game
>>
>>330294702
>>330294324
Just play Bloodborne or the souls games OP. LotF isnt bad by any means, it's actually really solid, but From has the formula down really well.
>>
It's very good. I never played a souls game before but i loved it.
>>
>>330294324
Yes it is a good game.
Yes it is 2difkult4u.

If you like souls games, this is faster paced. A lot of the bosses are easy even if you have a genetic mutation of the 21st chromosome.
>>
>>330295398
>LotF isnt bad by any means, it's actually really solid
I knew CIG PR team is posting on /v/.
>>
>>330295091
Without a doubt the Depth 5 chalice dungeons are the hardest content in the entire series. Especially if you put on Fetid, Rotted, and Cursed rites-- fucking masochistic is what that is.
>>
File: bedman.webm (383 KB, 1000x718) Image search: [Google]
bedman.webm
383 KB, 1000x718
>>330295091
the urge to shitpost was so strong anon couldn't even finish reading the post
>>
>>330294702
i bought this on ps4 and snapped the disc. not only is this game the pinnacle of artificial difficulty (enemies are damage sponges, but you can be one shot), the framerate is absolutely crippled. It's almost a constant sub 30 fps in open areas, and of course those areas are packed with enemies, so it impacts gameplay.

nothing like trying to dodge attacks that can kill you instantly during herky jerky screen stutters. truly an awful experience. I can think of no worse game I've ever played than lords of the fallen, and I've been gaming since the early 80s.
>>
>>330295591
>chalice dungeons
That randomly generated bullshit?
Back in my days people cared about games being fun, not hard for the sake of being hard.
Since when mindless grinding is considered "fun" on /v/? Does this chalice something even have a story?
>>
>>330295936
>been gaming since the early 80s
>snapped the disc
>artificial difficulty
>no capitalization
I didn't like LotF either but I can tell you're full of shit.
>>
The game was frustrating as fuck for me until i hit BL60-70 and got better weapons, then i could enjoy it a lot more.
Maybe i'm just a casul
>>
>>330295958
people don't play souls games for the story
>>
>>330295936
And yet I see idiots who fell for the "soulslike" meme every day complaining on forums that something isn't working right. They think that their PS4 or PC are broken, but not the game.
Oh, the denial.
>>
>>330294509
>>330294542
>>330294551
>>330294602
>>330294854
>>330294973
>>330295256
>>330295524
>>330295329

Thank you all for your feedback.
>>
>>330296063
none of that has anything to do with anything.

>random greentexts
>posts like he's in some position of authority
>defends a shitty game
>doesn't actually refute the points made, but instead ad hominems

I can tell you're from reddit. beat it kid.
>>
>>330296119
I do.
Dark Souls had the deepest lore and good story.
A game without a good story is like a man with small penis.
>>
>>330296218
If you do decide to play it, enjoy. Don't use a guide like a bitch.
>>
>>330295958
The chalices do have a story with the whole pthumerian shit. And you need chalices to get the best gems available
>>
>>330296218
>Thank you all for your feedback.
Here is your 0.15ยข
>>
>>330296304
>muh Internet wars
>implying I defended the game
>implying you don't type like a fucking retard
Yeah, you have to be underage. This is the last (You) you'll be getting from me.
>>
>>330296165
I never played any of the souls games. I picked up lotf dirt cheap on ebay because it looked like a neat little dungeon crawler. truly awful game.
>>
File: Seinfeld.jpg (54 KB, 529x351) Image search: [Google]
Seinfeld.jpg
54 KB, 529x351
>>330294324
Most of the internet goes crazy over Souls games, yet they also go crazy over Monster Hunter clones.

I don't find any of that shit fun.
>>
If you like ARPGs with simple but satisfying combat, neat weapons, dodging attacks, non linear level design, weird enemies and bosses, and great atmosphere you'll probably like this.

The story is barebones (unless you want to read item descriptions, jump to conclusions, and read crackpot conspiracy theories) and the NPCs are dry as fuck. The stat system is pretty simple and there are no skill trees or flashy talents.

There are no maps, the world isn't particularly big, the layouts have shortcuts and alternate paths but most people memorize the layouts due to replaying sections due to dying.

There is minimal farming unless you want to trick out your build in a gauntlet of optional procedural dungeons that get quite difficult.

You won't know if it's worth buying a console until you play it, but I bought my PS4 for BB and Guilty Gear and I'm quite happy with it. Good luck OP.
>>
>>330296512
>still not refuting my points
>still just ad homineming for attention
>implying HE's not the (you) whore

Sure thing reddit.
>>
>>330296552
Thanks for supporting shitty developers. You people sure can vote with your wallets.
>>
>>330294324
If you have a PS3 then try playing Demon's Souls first.
>>
>>330294509

It's not that the beginning is harder, it's that you aren't used to the gameplay.

You can say the same thing of what you said to any other Souls game. When I first started playing Dark Souls 1, it was harder than almost anything else in the game, because I didn't know anything.

I didn't know rolls had invincibility frames, I didn't know how poise worked, I didn't know that I was fatrolling the entire game, I didn't know what shit like the Rite of Kindling was, didn't know where to go and, in general, I didn't know a ton of things.

Once I beat the game and looked online and learned everything I could about the game's obscure mechanics (like how to get into the fucking DLC), then the game never became hard after that.
>>
>>330296682
>I picked it up dirt cheap on ebay-
>THANKS FOR SUPPORTING SHITTY DEVS HURRR

wut

I figured it was already implied that I purchased it used when I stated I picked it up "dirt cheap on ebay" but, to clarify for you, It was used. The devs didn't make a dime off me, and I snapped the disc, so no one else will play that shitty game. at least not from me. my portion of the cancer is dead and won't spread.
>>
>>330295958
They aren't fun. They are the opposite of fun. They are the grindiest, samiest, most tedious parts of the game by far. Luckily, unless you are going for 100%, you don't ever have to play them.
>>
>>330296325
>Dark Souls had the deepest lore
ya sure
>>
>>330296961
>I picked it up "dirt cheap on ebay
They are known for selling their games new on Ebay and Amazon, which means that your implication meant nothing in that context.
>>
>>330296965

It's a shame because the FRC chalices are great fun, and the bosses are a blast... But the whole thing is spoiled by the like 12 requisite chalices you have to do to unlock them.
>>
>>330297340
I haven't even played with all three modifiers. I just got in, got the claw weapon, killed the queen, and never went in a chalice sungeon again.
>>
>>330296565
>Most of the Internet

Citation needed.

As far as I can tell from my observations (no citation on my part because there is no way for me to personally make accurate overviews of what the entire Internet thinks, so I rely on my biases and experiences), it's just loud fans.

You have to remember that even though SoulsBorne games have sold about 8 million copies worldwide, it still is nothing compared to a ton of other series. Like, technically, Call of Duty sells way, way, way more than SoulsBorne. So shouldn't there be more regular discussions of these games? Yet, there isn't. Call of Dutyfags are not as vocal as SoulsBorne fans.
>>
>>330297840
>Call of Dutyfags are not as vocal as SoulsBorne fans.
They don't feel insecure with their sexuality.
>>
If you already have a ps4, absolutely. I wouldn't suggest buying the ps4 for this game unless you just really love Soulsborne.
>>
Even after the DLC, Bloodborne left me wanting more. I just never felt like there was enough intricacy to the game.

>>330295936
>I can think of no worse game I've ever played than lords of the fallen, and I've been gaming since the early 80s.
I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>330296904
i've played and beaten DaS and i still don't know what most of those are. is there an image where all this is explained? i never encountered Gyndolin, either, and i don't knopw much about factions. i'm planning to play it again on PC
>>
yes.
>>
>>330299893
Just go to the Dark Souls Wikidot site. You can find information on all the game's mechanics there. Otherwise, you can find info on them on YouTube. I'm on mobile so I can't be bothered to link shit.
>>
>>330298798
At least as far as PvE is concerned, BB is the most intricate in the series.
>>
>>330294509
How is the begging hard? You can easily get 20 healing items. You just need to figure out how to stagger bosses.

It's no harder than DaS's beginning.
>>
>>330297338
Nice save. I'm sure FlowerPower19 is the developer/publisher.
>>
>>330294324
Short answer, yes.
Longer but still short answer: you should play the other souls games first (if you haven't already).
If you decide to play, have fun!
>>
>>330296565
I thought the same thing at first.
First souls game i played was Dark Souls, and no joke, when i got it at gamestop, the girl said "are you sure you want this game? it's really hard", and i said yes. I quit it the first day and didnt play it again for three months. Then i warmed up to it.
Not saying that's what will happen with you, it's just my experience is all.
>>
>>330294324

It's a good game by any standard. Anyone who says it is bad is a shitposter.

The more important question is: Is it worth buying a PS4 to play Bloodborne? The answer to this varies.

I bought a N3DSXL to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and it was worth it for me because I got 900 hours out of playing.

I bought a PS4 about 3-4 months ago to play Bloodborne and it almost made me believe it wasn't worth the purchase for me because I personally got burnt out about 150 hours after playing.

Thankfully, the PS4 also has Yakuza Ishin and Yakuza 0 (the Yakuza series is one of my favorites of all time), so I bought those and was happy with my PS4 purchase.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.