[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will installing cfw get rid of my ban?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: new3dsxl.0.jpg (29 KB, 660x426) Image search: [Google]
new3dsxl.0.jpg
29 KB, 660x426
I was told earlier that I should install cfw on my N3DS XL since it has an eshop ban. What exactly does installing a cfw do? Will it allow me to update my games again? Will I be able to access the eshop again?
>>
>>330291165
>I was told earlier that I should install cfw on my N3DS XL since it has an eshop ban.
THey lied you kid

>What exactly does installing a cfw do?
It installs an "emulated" operating system which is basically your "real" system, only difference is that you can install all sorts of shit on it, like piracy, translation patches, custom themes, playing games from other regions, etc.

>Will it allow me to update my games again? Will I be able to access the eshop again?
Nope, the cfw is a clone of your actual, ral OS. SOL bud
>>
>>330292017
Thanks for filling me on on this. so I'd be able to download and run all 3ds roms with a cfw installed?
>>
And this is why I don't mod my 3DS
>>
>>330292214
You basically will be your own eshop son.
>>
>>330292301
Sounds amazing. thanks for letting me know.
>>
How did you get banned from the eshop?
>>
>>330292017
Anon you seem to be pretty wise on the subject.

How often will I have to update my system if I install a cfw? And do I lose access to online if the official 3ds is updated?
>>
>>330292467
original owner tried to enter a credit card that a guy on /b/ posted online.
>>
>>330292467
I've got an original 3ds also, so it's not that big of a deal. Ill just use the old one for multiplayer and the new one for homebrew and .cia
>>
File: All natural.jpg (18 KB, 187x258) Image search: [Google]
All natural.jpg
18 KB, 187x258
>>330292214
Yes but I'm not sure if you can play online.

>>330292536
You didn't technically have to upgrade your console until 10.6. Upgrade packages are released in .cia files, which are modular files that upgrade certain part of the OS.

With a cfw you don't need to update, but you don't lose anything by doing so. It's not like Nintendo will detect the cfw and ban you (which by the way, doesn't happen). You don't even need to upgrade to buy stuff from the eshop.
>>
>>330292996
Doesn't really matter. I have a second 3ds that I can use for online
>>
>>330292996

You normally can play online with cfw, but not sure how that applies to banned consoles
>>
>>330293456
There might be a way to access the internal code for the system and disable the ban. Doubt it, but there might be a way.
>>
>>330292996
And btw, it is advised that everything is installed to the emunand because if somethingh bad happens, you just swap the sd card and start from scratch
>>
>>330292996
So if I just wanna use a cfw to emulate and have themes, I won't have any problems playing my legit copies of 3ds games online? Thanks for the help, just trying to decide if it's worth the hassle for me since I'll just be emulating/themes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.