[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
the community
>>
File: StraightOuttaCompton.jpg (105 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaCompton.jpg
105 KB, 846x846
>>
>>330289615
Became insanely popular and made ungodly amounts of cash. This began the drought full of imitations and crazy expectations of profit.
>>
>>330289615
It needs to move forward. They're struggling with content and ideas. It would be more lucrative and effective to release a new fantasy mmo from blizzard using the same assets.

Also, pandering to casuals.

-t. someone who hasn't played in 5 years
>>
>>330289615
We grew up and gained responsibilities and jobs
>>
A lot of things.
These last 7 years saw an exponential increase in rehashed content from all game publishers. Investors became more risk adverse and stopped letting their employees innovate.

Liberalism became mainstream too, and writers started injecting that into the games, producing less original stories and more regurgitated plots.

More casuals started flooding into lots of games, not just WoW, and companies started catering to them, probably because the board of directors decided they wanted more cash. This led to a lot of the original devs leaving their studios. And it's the devs who make the games not the investors, so even if the name is the same the content will be different.

The problem is not more people playing WoW, but the fact that they tailor-made the game to suit their whims. Lore, exploration, questing, raiding, mostly disappeared. Lore is abysmal, world exploration doesn't exist since you spend most of the time either in an instance or in a social hub. There is matchmaking for everything. Questing is pointless, and there aren't cool quests like there used to be.

I could go on but I'm tired.
>>
WoW got stale long ago. Blizzard should have done WoW2 a while back instead of going so far into expansions. I know they were doing that "project Titan" MMORPG, but they cancelled it, and I guess that's the closest they ever could have got
>>
File: 1371647111788.jpg (40 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
1371647111788.jpg
40 KB, 355x417
>warsong x12 blizzlike

How is x12 blizzlike? Shit like this is what went wrong
>>
>>330291504
Shit, it was the first image that came up on Google. Didn't see that
>>
Expansions.

>milk the original for as long as you can
>come up with a fucking new idea and restart
>repeat
>>
>>330291504
because it's intended to have a blizzlike experience in terms of raifing and dungeons (it doesn't but eh)
still, if you wanna level in vanilla you gotta be retarded, it was fun only when it was new
>>
>>330293594
It ain't so bad on a PVE server where you won't get camped repeatedly.

Of course there ain't any PVE private servers for vanilla.
>>
>>330293851
Nost has one
>>
Outlived its prime. There was a point where almost everyone knew about this game, and people who otherwise would never touch an MMO gave it a go. Now, I doubt anyone who wasn't already familiar with it continues to play it.
>>
File: sad Tony.jpg (10 KB, 146x162) Image search: [Google]
sad Tony.jpg
10 KB, 146x162
>be playing with my heroic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to tell me
>he says he's actually the GM of a mythic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I can get there too
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested while I'll just tell our GM once he logs on (which he only does during raid nights) so we can have a laugh at him and kick him
>say sure make plans for disbanding tomorrow all the while giggling and shaking my head at the audacity of this nigger
>the day after I log on
>I'm no longer in the guild WTF
>whisper GM, he's ignoring me
>whisper another officer he tells me to check forum before I get my access revoked
>this motherfucker posted the conversation and everybody is saying how sad they are about it, I'm trash, I'm disappointed etc.
>can't even post anymore so tell in game to officer that I was playing along with him to kick him today with Adam
>you expect me to believe that? thought you were better than that, get fucked guild quitter
>mfw the guy that posted screenshots has now taken over my spot as class leader
>>
>>330294723
*cringed*
>>
>>330291504
Blizzlike for private servers simply means no custom added content, like events, custom loot/dungeons/zones, higher than was possible/instant level cap, etc...

Most servers have multiple times experience rates to make up for the fact that not all of the quest work, so to compensate other quests that do work & kill EXP reward more than they normally would.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.